cantankerous5

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Dennis1209, a hymn has already been penned, J.H. Sammis, though I don't know how long ago. FYI, in the event you were not aware. It's in the Redemption Hymnal, no 477. 1st verse says, " When we walk with The Lord, in the light of His love, what glory He sheds on our way, while we do His good will, He abides with us still, and to all who will trust and obey." CH. 'Trust and obey, for there's NO other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:29 AM, cantankerous5 said:

well, that may look like a dumb question on the face of it but it really is not

I trusted Jesus years ago when I was first born again. But as the years went slipping by, I went far from him, not even realizing, on a conscious level, that that was exactly what i was doing. I lived in a very liberal city and I had never been taught well, concerning Christian beliefs/practices. I was raised Catholic and was taught that you don't fornicate or have an abortion but other than that, i was not taught much of anything. We went to Mass every Sunday and then the rest of the week we just did.. basically what everyone else in the world seemed to be doing: going to school, to work, etc.. "everyone doing what is right in his own eyes"

those were the good old days.. LOL (long story there..)

so anyway, i still believed in and loved Jesus but my life did not show it and as the years went by, that became more and more true and i fell into some seroius sins and my life went off the rails. Then I did something most here probably would never do.. I prayed the rosary. 

even I have no idea why I did that. It was there and i picked it up and began to pray the rosary prayers, something i had never planned on doing.. It was God who had me do that, i don't care what any of you guys say because my life did a big 180.

now, true, some things in my life went in a way i did not want.. which reminds me of Jesus telling Peter that one day he would not be able to go where he wants.. etc.. (signifying the way St Peter would die)

but anyway, my whole life changed and I was back with Jesus.. which.. I know those words don't tell you much.. which is why I started this thread.. Trusting Jesus means different things to different people. What it should mean to all is.. following him wherever he may lead..

following truth is following Jesus.. but truth can be a little scary, if  it is not truth we are familiar with. I say  this because Jesus leads us in very peculiar ways... 

Hi cantankerous,

So glad your spirit has been revived. And certain things do remind us of the Lord and that is what the Lord did for you. He brought something familiar to you and you responded. It was a once thing and drew your heart back again to the Lord. I don`t see you getting in bondage by having to do it everyday.

So `trusting the Lord,` what does that mean to me. I know that the Lord has given me abilities and responsibilities in daily life and I go about these, thanking and praising Him. Then there are difficulties that come and when they arise I seek the Lord, pray, do my part, and then trust Him to oversee me through.

I see trust is very specific to circumstances, however there is the overarching trust, (as I look to Him) that the Lord will -

`...keep you from stumbling and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy..` (Jude 24)

regards, Marilyn.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Heybro, someone should make a wonderful hymn on the above  :amen:

Amen, brother. Someone did exactly that. I remember singing it as a little boy in church. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Heybro said:

," Trust and Obey, for there's no other way, to be Happy in Jesus, but to TRUST and OBEY."

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Ah, bro that's the chorus to a hymn which was an old childhood favorite of mine. I'm sure you know it well also, which is why you posted it. Thanks, and God bless you. 

There's another one, Heybro, just like the other ones (another thread)
It's an old favorite of mine also, Beau Jangles.
You sure you guys don't live in Texas?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Sower said:

You sure you guys don't live in Texas?

hehe... my grand dad was from Lubbock :26:Buddy Holly's hometown.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

hehe... my grand dad was from Lubbock :26:Buddy Holly's hometown.

Cool. Lubbock was up near the pan handle, near my cousins in Denver city.
A bazillion oil derricks, on every block almost, and natural gas burning on the tops 24-7.
I'm more central, hill country and sand hills.
I grew up with Holly's "Peggy Sue" and "That'll be the day"
Sad day when his plane crashed.
I really liked Him.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I do.

I should post a poem I wrote a few weeks ago. As soon as my computer is done with all the pesky updates and adjustments I have to make on the monitor.

:shofar: That's right dear sister .    Sound those poems out .    OH let all praise the LORD and rejoice in HIM .

And let all :horse: Flee the all inclusive death trap Rome began and many now also teach .    See the legs on that horse .  They moving as if to say , NO WAY we gonna heed that . 

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

Job 13:15  Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

Job had troubles so hard.  all his friends said he was guilty of some sin, and spoke against him.  even his wife told him, just curse God and die.  trusting God is when you know Him and His ways, you believe His promises, and everything is against you... but you remain steadfast to The LORD, no matter what happens or comes.  and you do exactly what Job did... stay the course.

storms will come.  and often times we give up to early.  we take our eyes off Jesus, and we find we can no longer walk on water.  The truth is thru all Jobs troubles, God never left or forsook him. 

the word trust in this scripture above means to wait or be patient. 

Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

That's right CLETUS .   GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME .     ALL THE TIME .    NO matter what happens to us and what we go through ,  GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME .

Put those hands up and let us praise the LORD .

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

:shofar: That's right dear sister .    Sound those poems out .    OH let all praise the LORD and rejoice in HIM .

And let all :horse: Flee the all inclusive death trap Rome began and many now also teach .    See the legs on that horse .  They moving as if to say , NO WAY we gonna heed that . 

Ok, here it is 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/237187-a-poem/