• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, diane32 said:

I have often wondered if my disobedience to God is the reason my youngest son has suffered so much throughout his life and im really starting to believe that in fact it is true...

Hi diane32,

I don't know your particulars nor would be able to answer them. If it's medical / physical, we know that it can be passed down through DNA. If it's spiritual, emotional, addiction, behavior or such; perhaps the Bible addresses it?

Exodus 34:7 (KJV) Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

If you're asking about what's mentioned in the above verse; there's a division of opinion on its actual meaning. The following is just one commentary and opinion: We must learn this great hereditary law, and we must include in our purposes of benevolence the wise selection, the perpetuity and the improvement of the race, by the observance of this great law of hereditary transmission. The malignity of sin is a terrible malignity, as it is revealed by this great law of the transmission of influence to posterity, either directly and voluntarily, or indirectly and unconsciously. There are multitudes of men that are careless of themselves. [emphasis mine]

I don't believe the Lord would punish a righteous believer for the sin(s) of another. With that said, and thinking about my own life as an example. The Lord forgives us our sins when we confess and ask, however, we are not relieved of those sins causes and effects down the line and have to take responsibility for them. Just my personal thoughts.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, diane32 said:

I have often wondered if my disobedience to God is the reason my youngest son has suffered so much throughout his life and im really starting to believe that in fact it is true...

The goal of a good parent is to do as little harm as possible to your children. We all fail to one degree or another. But I have good news: What doesn't kill them makes them stronger. No matter how good you were, you could have always been better. No matter how bad you were, you could have done worse. Don't worry about it. It is the past. He is now doing what he can with what he was given. 

I see this life like a video game. We are not in the game, but we control a player (the human meat you temporarily occupy). Do the best you can until it says "game over" and you find yourself in the "real world" (AKA eternity). And when your son reaches Game Over, the two of you can talk in the lunch room in eternity about how the game went for you - over a cup of heavenly coffee. It'll be fun. You can catch up.  :)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't believe the Lord would punish a righteous believer for the sin(s) of another. With that said, and thinking about my own life as an example. The Lord forgives us our sins when we confess and ask, however, we are not relieved of those sins causes and effects down the line and have to take responsibility for them. Just my personal thoughts.

This is true in a good deal of mistaken situations we can make. However, the Psalmist does say in Psalm 103:10  He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. KJV 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, diane32 said:

Everyone's disobedience to God is the reason we all suffer so much.   Parents and children.  It is called sin,  and puts us all under a death sentence, the whole world.

Jesus was sent to provide a way to be redeemed from all sin, to gain in Him eternal life, for parents and children,

who-so-ever will turn to God to seek His Kingdom and trust and rely on Him to be saved.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, diane32 said:

The last school he was in the teachers put him in the basement for weeks from 9am to 3pm he never got out of there the whole day and he was mentally affected by this but I prayed and God kept telling me the story of Joseph through different people and he said it to me aswell so we prayed and I believed that maybe he was to endure this for a reason until one day I had to go the school and asked to see the room he was in...the secretary was upset and annoyed at the way my son was being treated and said he is a lovely kid I don't understand why he's being treated this way but I knew it was the enemy and we had to keep praying. I was nearly sick when I saw what they were keeping him in and now the room has been closed off cos it's not fit for humans basically...My son was very close to God but now he says he doesn't believe in Him, he thinks if God was so loving then why did He watch him go through this and not help him etc...I am now wondering was God with us in this or did I let my son go through torment at the hands of these teachers and I think that's why I'm struggling in my walk now too..

That sounds like a (particular religion) school, and there were thousands of (if not millions) children abused by those.   Parents didn't know, or were told to stay in line with the church,  and those who stayed in line with that church were continually hurt (spiritually always, and other ways often).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The basement punishment of course sounds Draconian, but there are two sides to every story .What did he do to be placed down there? I would be surprised to discover that it was done purely on a lark.

It is a very long story and it doesn't matter who believes what I say anyway but God knows and that's all that matters...you can pray for him and for the teachers as you wish but all I'm saying is the way he was treated was wrong it should never have happened and they were caught out lying quite a few times, and rarely keeping their word. They promised a fresh start in September and it never happened...the system is messed up...I work in a school and I am a mum so I know how kids are supposed to be treated...I didn't ask you to believe anything I say but would appreciate prayers...sometimes it's ok not to know or understand everything and just pray BB

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

34 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That sounds like a (particular religion) school, and there were thousands of (if not millions) children abused by those.   Parents didn't know, or were told to stay in line with the church,  and those who stayed in line with that church were continually hurt (spiritually always, and other ways often).

Yes. I know which one you speak of. Sadly, I've had family members in those abusive situations. I've heard awful stories from them.:(

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

7 minutes ago, diane32 said:

God knows and that's all that matters...you can pray for him and for the teachers as you wish but all I'm saying is the way he was treated was wrong it should never have happened and they were caught out lying quite a few times, and rarely keeping their word.

I'm so sorry, dear sister. :(I feel bad for what both your son and you have gone through. It seems to me that because your parental rights exceed theirs they should have held a conference with you. Rather than doing this behind your back!

The conditions he was subjected to saddened my heart. Why do I never fail to be shocked at mistreatment in this world to the weakest? Whether the children or the elderly in nursing homes. My mom and grandpa both were subjected to some disgusting things. Let's just say 'horror stories.' We are truly in a wicked world. You have my empathy.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all so much,  you have encouraged, comforted and helped me every one of you...I know that no matter what way my son gets treated he is not supposed to react in an angry manner, which he did at times, although it took quite a lot for him to have these outbursts that were few and far between...He knows that even if someone 'provoked' him to anger and he reacted then there was consequences for his sake and he knew that. Its not nice that the teachers could behave the way they did and never be held accountable because it's their words against his but God knows...I know that I am the only one who can truly help him now by the grace of God so it's my responsibility to make sure things go ok and when they don't we pray and trust God...the good thing is that whether He knows it or not God is with Him through it all and like someone said on here God will use it for his good for God's glory! Praise God ❤

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, diane32 said:

..the system is messed up..

This is truth.  It is written in Scripture, and is in perfect harmony with all God's Plan, Purpose and Salvation in Christ Jesus.

• Loved it! 1