• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Little pink House for you and me.

On the surface it is quite suburban beautiful slightly upscale. Inside the doorways, there is need of our Lord Jesus for each and everyone.

Like within the song  my very nice front door opens to a thread much like the many asphalt ribbon threads that make up suburban  America USA. The homes compete within their "class", new lawns on some old weeds on others, but as a whole on the upswing.

My SWAT Leader neighbor is mowing his lawn, my drug dealer neighbor is quiet, my elderly neighbor is exercising walking her driveway with her walker. 

My own view is changing as it seems some 14 Peacocks are walking through the front lawns, oh oh hope they are just on a scouting mission and not setting up home sites for themselves. The sand cranes and the Rosy Bills plus the Blue Cranes will not enjoy their company. The House rented through Section 8 has been quiet for a few weeks, no police activity, no guns drawn entry in some time now.

Yep my door opens to American suburbia.

"Little Pink Houses for You And Me."

Praise God for the opportunity to be here regardless of the view of the moment, for so many have not any view except the flying feet of those running from tyrannies of many sorts in the world of turmoil, so sad so harsh a life to have to life, yet yes it is fun to look out the front door, and a great blessing to have a front door onto any view.

Swat leader, drug dealer and peacocks....what a combination of neighbors! :rofl:Would enjoy seeing those peacocks, although I know they can be quite noisy.   Being an animal, bird lover, I would put up with it though.   Neighbor, always enjoy your descriptive posts, btw.

Actually enjoyed everyone's posts, thanks everyone for joining in.   Thought this would be a pleasant topic, something light.   The photos were also lovely, Sower!

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I see my Jeep. With the dent in the bumper from a teenager who back into it with her father's truck when I was at the swimming pool last week. 

See any scenery or anything else, LadyKay?

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

There's a very old two story apartment, with rooms of various sizes to accommodate one to several people. It's been renovated several times to keep it habitable and up to code. behind it are single floor family apartments, that were built many years after. The demographics have changed tremendously over the years. The majority of the property has been segmented to make a parking area in as much as possible. Asphalt has been greatly improved, and is nice and level now.

What worries me from time to time, is this extremely large valley oak tree. It's never been pruned as far as I can tell. And the problem with these particular oaks, are the shallow root system they have. With no watering going on with this one like most, they eventually topple over and crash where they will. No matter which direction it does, means certain property damage. And it could reach the home here. Hopefully not. 

Beau, you should call the city or whoever is in charge of your area about that tree.   Here quite a few large trees toppled the past year....some falling on homes, others fell on cars.   Alot of damage, thankfully no one killed. 

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I live in the country in the forest. I see trees, deer,rabbits, a cascading creek, many birds, flowers. 

The scenery, animals, birds sound so lovely.   I always loved creeks when I grew up in PA.  Didn't have one in our neighborhood but saw them when we went to the woods.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

from our front porch....    in the summer it is all super green and full of kids.

P1010001.JPG

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Right now, my state is in "burning down" season. So what we have been seeing is lots of smoke. And the greenery is brownery as everything dries up prior to the monsoon. 

Monsoon officially starts (by new govt standards) in a few days. Not sure when it will start by the old real way of determining it. (3 straight days of dew points higher than 55.) So then the view will be dust storms followed by intense thunderstorms. Followed by flash floods and news reports of micro/macrobursts.

Otherwise its graveled lawns with mesquite, palo verde, palm trees, oleander, lantana, cacti. Quite pretty in its own way. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

well... :45: okay. 

But....I am not Little Red Riding Hood :D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

Swat leader, drug dealer and peacocks....what a combination of neighbors! :rofl:Would enjoy seeing those peacocks, although I know they can be quite noisy.   Being an animal, bird lover, I would put up with it though.   Neighbor, always enjoy your descriptive posts, btw.

Actually enjoyed everyone's posts, thanks everyone for joining in.   Thought this would be a pleasant topic, something light.   The photos were also lovely, Sower!

See any scenery or anything else, LadyKay?

Beau, you should call the city or whoever is in charge of your area about that tree.   Here quite a few large trees toppled the past year....some falling on homes, others fell on cars.   Alot of damage, thankfully no one killed. 

The scenery, animals, birds sound so lovely.   I always loved creeks when I grew up in PA.  Didn't have one in our neighborhood but saw them when we went to the woods.

There is pros and cons to living where I do. 

11 minutes ago, other one said:

from our front porch....    in the summer it is all super green and full of kids.

P1010001.JPG

It is snowing now????

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

It is snowing now????

no but it is raining way too hard to take a picture.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Haven't found any pictures of our current location yet, but here are some of where we moved from in a suburb of Pittsburgh. Kindof amazing how much I miss that beautiful red leaf maple tree in our front yard. It was only mine for 4 years. My husband grew up in that house. The night time shot is taken from the front porch. I took many different photos from that front porch.

2014-11-03_11-53-10_104.jpg

IMG_2983.png

• Loved it! 3

the view out of my kitchen door....    Sometimes he comes by and I let him in the house to play for a day or two then he wants to go home

Our last inside cat died a couple of years ago and he doesn't come by any more....    We don't have the cat chow out for him.

P1010075.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Loved it! 2