• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Filip said:

Just to go somewhere, i don't want to go into details because it could start an argument. It's not anything that's a sin though so if you had that on your mind don't worry

Sure, okay no problem. I really didn't think it sinful when seeking the Lord for something. God bless you. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible assures us that Almighty God answers the prayers of his faithful servants, but it also gives reasons why he does not listen to some prayers. For example, at a time when violence was rampant in ancient Israel, God directed his prophet Isaiah to tell the people: “Although you offer many prayers, I am not listening; your hands are filled with blood.” (Isaiah 1:15) Clearly, those who show contempt for God’s laws or pray with improper motives cannot expect to be heard by God.—Proverbs 28:9; James 4:3.

On the other hand, the Bible states: “No matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.” (1 John 5:14) Does that mean, though, that God will automatically grant his worshippers every request? Not necessarily. Consider the case of the apostle Paul, who begged God three times to remove “a thorn in the flesh.” (2 Corinthians 12:7, 8) It may be that Paul suffered from a chronic eye affliction. How frustrating that must have been for him! Paul had been given the gift of healing and had even performed a resurrection, yet he had to endure his own illness. (Acts 19:11, 12; 20:9, 10) Even though the answer to his petitions did not take the form he wanted, Paul accepted God’s response with gratitude.—2 Corinthians 12:9, 10.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You to

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,121
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

16 hours ago, Filip said:

But i got silence, i am unsure wether the holy spirit wants me to do it

An acquaintance once phoned me to see if it it was God's Will for him to go fishing at 4am in the morning on a certain day. I immediately told him that God was happy for him to do that if it was what he wanted to do.

Psalms 21:2 - You have given him his heart's desire, and have not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Might read of Gideon. Judges 6.  Oh Lord how about two out of three?  Ah make it four of seven, or five of nine.

Why not see if what you think you are being led into or what you want to do,  matches up with the written word of God, for He may have answered your question long ago. And it may have been  never  never ever. Why do you even ask  since I have already spoken and it is written.

Doubt is a good thing to have if it makes one read search think and pray. But don't be casting fleeces and then saying to God  lets make it two out of three okay?

I asked God for confirmation in multiple ways but i am still unsure, i want to do this out of the spirit and not the flesh.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,933
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 minutes ago, Filip said:

I asked God for confirmation in multiple ways but i am still unsure, i want to do this out of the spirit and not the flesh.

Having no idea what  "it" is I can't help at all, other than to suggest making sure that "it" is not already covered in the word of God the Bible.

As for myself, I know when  things are of God and when they are  simply of me. As long as they are legal and socially moral I do both what I am led to do, and what I think up of my own accord.

Regarding major items; I seek the prayer and counsel of others that have some expertise in the area of interest, or I seek the edification from another saint In Christ Jesus.  I talk with my Elder, or a person  I trust to have excellent Bible knowledge, and have confidence in . For me that is often my wife.

Example from personal history is to be led to contributing to something, I have my wife set the amount. I don't look at it at all. I just give thanks to God and my wife and send it on.

I have been led to move my entire family and not known why, but I moved my entire family, and learned the why of it later.  As for you  I have no idea what will work to bring confidence to you that what you think YOU desire is led by God.  

Sorry, can't help. But if requested I will join with others in praying  that you will be properly led.

11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Having no idea what  "it" is I can't help at all, other than to suggest making sure that "it" is not already covered in the word of God the Bible.

As for myself, I know when  things are of God and when they are  simply of me. As long as they are legal and socially moral I do both what I am led to do, and what I think up of my own accord.

Regarding major items; I seek the prayer and counsel of others that have some expertise in the area of interest, or I seek the edification from another saint In Christ Jesus.  I talk with my Elder, or a person  I trust to have excellent Bible knowledge, and have confidence in . For me that is often my wife.

Example from personal history is to be led to contributing to something, I have my wife set the amount. I don't look at it at all. I just give thanks to God and my wife and send it on.

I have been led to move my entire family and not known why, but I moved my entire family, and learned the why of it later.  As for you  I have no idea what will work to bring confidence to you that what you think YOU desire is led by God.  

Sorry, can't help. But if requested I will join with others in praying  that you will be properly led.

Prayer is always accepted, feel free brother if you wish to do so

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

17 hours ago, Filip said:

But i got silence, i am unsure wether the holy spirit wants me to do it

If you need to ask permission from God, don't do it.

As a general rule run any idea/activity through the 10C, as Jesus interpreted them.

27 minutes ago, Who me said:

If you need to ask permission from God, don't do it.

As a general rule run any idea/activity through the 10C, as Jesus interpreted them.

I see

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  5

Flip a coin and pray.....