• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

Learning kindness as children can be as basic as hearing "Treat others the way you would want to be treated", or 

Matthew 7:12
Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you
shall also do to them; for this is the law and the prophets.

Give an example of kindness given to you, simple or extraordinary, so that we may "pay it forward".

Just recently, a man in the grocery checkout line behind me insisted he pay for the $20 shortage I had, when I found myself trying to decide which items were to be put back on the shelves. I was a bit embarrassed and thanked him, then he said "Jesus loves you" so I just smiled and said "yes, He does."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  516
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

Learning kindness as children can be as basic as hearing "Treat others the way you would want to be treated", or 

Give an example of kindness given to you, simple or extraordinary, so that we may "pay it forward".

Just recently, a man in the grocery checkout line behind me insisted he pay for the $20 shortage I had, when I found myself trying to decide which items were to be put back on the shelves. I was a bit embarrassed and thanked him, then he said "Jesus loves you" so I just smiled and said "yes, He does."

I will say the testimony and expression of love in this post, and the smile it caused in my heart.... Thanks 

Excellent read, love to see/read of God’s hand in a life. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me   

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,282
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

About a year after we were married we had a house fire that pretty much destroyed everything we owned.  It started in the apartment below us but we had no insurance.  We were forced to use the things that were heavily smoke damaged, wear the old clothes donated to us, dig silverware and dishes from the ashes and clean them the best we could.  My aunt whom I had only seen a few times sent me $100.00!  With tears I thanked her and told her we could probably never repay her.  She told me to pass it along and help someone else in need someday.  I have.  I also bought a sewing machine with that money which I still have.  It was heavy duty and perfect for hemming boys jeans and mending.  Years later I told my dad what his sister had done and he just smiled.  Apparently he had sent her the dividends from some investments many years before that helped her finish her schooling, and she too had passed it on.

• Loved it! 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

I was standing in line at a produce store waiting to pay for my groceries. I had $65.00 worth of groceries. When I got to the counter to pay for my groceries the clerk said " The man ahead of you paid for your groceries. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,039
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,450
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I would use the WiFi at cafes or the library, rather than an unnecessary bill.

My friend started to let me use her WiFi.   I would sit on the patio to get the signal.    A young neighbor man would walk his dog and always talk to me each night.   He said let's see if his WiFi would reach my apartment and then I could use his while indoors!   It did reach so for at least a year and a half, I was able to use his WiFi.   So kind of him!

Then recently he gave his WiFi up as he had a hot spot on his phone.   Then my other neighbors, girls from Kenya, let me use their WiFi (I offered them some money, they said no).

Finally after a couple of weeks, the young neighbor man got his WiFi back just for me to use!!    He said he had gotten two new clients.  I guess my WiFi cup is running over!:rofl:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

28 minutes ago, Debp said:

I would use the WiFi at cafes or the library, rather than an unnecessary bill.

My friend started to let me use her WiFi.   I would sit on the patio to get the signal.    A young neighbor man would walk his dog and always talk to me each night.   He said let's see if his WiFi would reach my apartment and then I could use his while indoors!   It did reach so for at least a year and a half, I was able to use his WiFi.   So kind of him!

Then recently he gave his WiFi up as he had a hot spot on his phone.   Then my other neighbors, girls from Kenya, let me use their WiFi (I offered them some money, they said no).

Finally after a couple of weeks, the young neighbor man got his WiFi back just for me to use!!    He said he had gotten two new clients.  I guess my WiFi cup is running over!:rofl:

I am reminded of a passage I just read in a Bible Plan I participate in.

Acts 4 32:35

The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Just at the end of last month one of my sisters brought over some extra food she got from a restaurant. The take out she ordered was bigger than she thought so she gave me about half of it.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  976
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,936
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Kind of a side note: it takes some kindness to say" thank you" too. So be gracious to a giver, don't say; you can't do that  nor no thanks I couldn't;  instead simply say thank you,  which is a gracious act one of kindness also.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,039
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,450
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Kind of a side note: it takes some kindness to say" thank you" too. So be gracious to a giver, don't say; you can't do that  nor no thanks I couldn't;  instead simply say thank you,  which is a gracious act one of kindness also.

Also, to reciprocate to the young man for his kindness to me, I gave him a large oil painting I had done.   Also, gave him some vintage clowns and vintage Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.   He was very happy and surprised.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I was in a store standing in line one day, and a young boy in dowdy clothes ahead of me was placing a model toy car before the cashier. He was counting out his money, but ended up 75 cents short. By all appearances, he'd probably been saving up for quite some time. Fishing out three quarters and laying it out with the rest of the money, I told the boy to hurry on home and have fun with his toy.

He looked back, and could barely mouth out words of gratitude. He looked so embarrassed already for his shortage. The cashier said she thought the boy might have been with me and I told her, "No he's not, but I just couldn't bear the thought of letting him go home empty handed." It was only 75 cents but regardless, it would have been no trouble for me to pay whatever the lack of the cost.    

• Loved it! 2