• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

I believe that is wise. I have found over the years, that a technical view of 'Life' is not always the best for any of us. We are far better off, involved with simple faith and the companionship that is available in our Lord. He very much wants us to be as children in that way. Companions and co-workers.

Don't get me going!

LOL

It doesn't have to be "either, or" regarding technical details, as distinct from simple faith and companionship; but that is a risk.  I have an analytical mind, so I'm often in technical mode; but I love my brothers and sisters in Christ and long to see the body of Christ, as a whole, come back to the Lord.  There is so much departure from the Lord and his word; it's heartbreaking.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, ilovejcsog said:

Your post sounds sort of condemning.  They must believe in predestination or they are not Christians.  Or maybe judgemental and not condemning?

No, not at all, if the Bible says there is predestination (and it does), then by definition, those who believe the Bible, believe in predestination. It is not a statement of their status as Christians, it is just an observation of a simple reality! Christians believe and disbelieve all sorts of things, but the thing that Bible believing Christians have in common, is that they believe the Bible, right?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, I guess I took it personally.  It is a blanket statement and may be full of holes, lol.  If you dig deep enough.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

God knows beforehand everything. Some people will come even in the face of God and reject Him. Look at Satan. He knows God is everything and all, yet he chose to rebel. There are millions, or billions of humans who unfortunately are just like him. They know God exists, but they hate Him. They won’t surrender. They won’t grasp TRUTH, They are like Satan, they want to BE GOD. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Mark 10:6-9, 1 John 4:7, Matthew 22:2 says that it could be Predestination especially when you read Mark 10:9 & 2nd half of 1 John 4:7..

Its for Husband and Wife. Or Adam and Eve. 2 hearts in love.

1) And Mark 10 to back this up. (Douay -Rheims)

6But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female. 7For this cause, a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife. 8And they two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

2)

1 John 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

3) Matthew22:2 The kingdom of heaven is likened to a king who made a marriage for his son.

I knew its was a heaven of 2 hearts!

Matthew 22:2 implies its the Son's love that gets his 'beloved' there? Which als0 implies Heaven has the man in the dominate role. Jesus also described heaven as a "Merchant' looking for fine Pearls (his beloved).  Which means the woman will not be able to choose the Pearl. That God has made Woman for Man.

God joins them together through Marriage on Earth! And everything after is null and void. Mark 10:9. This Predestination thing! Where he selects two people to share his kingdom with!

Woman will not be able to leave her "beloved" in Heaven. God will give her the 'in love' thing!  Because Woman is for Man.

Maybe Love is for the man who seeks the Fine Pearl. But I never seek out the Fine Pearl.. God brought it to me. . . that Mark 10:9 thing.  So you have to be picked! And if she leaves the Man can become the Merchant!

Love is the only thing Man will sell all for... his 'Beloved'.  I think its the fastest path to Heaven. Its what I'm doing for my 'Beloved'.

Edited by brian100

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

God knows beforehand everything.

Luke sent me a postcard 17 years before I could identify the man in the Shroud of Turin.

Luke Postcard

I posted about the Shroud of Turin in the Science and Faith topics. Hows does he know I did all that before hand? Did I live life already? Am I in Heaven already!

Edited by brian100

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, ilovejcsog said:

Sorry, I guess I took it personally.  It is a blanket statement and may be full of holes, lol.  If you dig deep enough.

Everybody agrees that the word "predestination" is in the Bible; however, some try to change its meaning (deciding the destiny of people in advance), this is not believing the Bible, but changing the Bible, while claiming to believe it.

I think God searches hearts, finds two people, and makes them meet, and this love get them to Paradise.  But is it the man or woman's love that gets them there. Or both?  This idea that single people can be happy without love is crazy. I have found being single/alone to be like hell especially when you have found love in someone.

I already know who I want to spend Eternity with.

God said Love is higher than faith. And you can't have love without Faith.

So we get 1 John 4:7.  He gives it to you. Meaning hand picks. To give it to you means there is a woman involved. I have found True Love to be heaven.

I know why I'm going... for True Love.

If you're going to be just immortal.. well no love is hell.

Edited by brian100
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 8/5/2019 at 9:04 PM, ilovejcsog said:

Seems to be a really tough question.  So many different opinions.

I am always concerned about those left out without a choice to be Gods.

I believe the Lord has a plan for each of us. It's up to us to follow the path.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Yes. There are many verses in the Holy Scripture that show this clearly. For instance: (Rom 8:29,30; Eph 1:5,11):

• Rom_8:29 -30 -> "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
  • Eph_1:5  -> "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"
  • Eph_1:11  -> "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"
  • Thumbs Up 2