IGNORED

what is your style of sharing the Gospel?

listener24

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I think it best to live by example. Like a few others here, I am open about it, but I try not to be too pushy. If they have questions or are curious, they can come to me.

Though, I would make a point that I'm by no means a teacher nor a scholar. I'm just a dude.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

17 hours ago, Willa said:

I strike up conversations with strangers in a small cafe and look for opportunities to glorify God or to share love with them, or just kindness.  

I will try that.. but I am scared of strangers. I guess one could pick out the least scary person .. laugh

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

I just go on line and beat people over the head with my religion

laugh

but there is some truth to that.. according to the anti-Christian people anyway.. they are always accusing us Christians of doing that.. shoving our religion down their throats

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Glad you asked this question .      Just last week in the laundry matt the chance to evangelize came up again .

I could hear a man talking .     I had absolutely no words .    I knew he was in danger because of his mindset .    I heard him saying

all sorts of inclusive things , like everyone has their own way etc.     And I heard him say that he prays to a shrine and is roman catholic .

I had no words .      But I simply prayed out loud .     LORD give me the words this man needs to hear .      AND HE DID .

That is how I speak .      LORD give me the words .     And HE DOES .      And it turns out it must have been for more than just that man .

Because by the time I was done I looked around and there was quite the audience .     I wont go into detail about all what was said ,

BUT the FIRST thing out of my mouth was this .    I said you are right WE ALL NEED to KNOW GOD ,  AND the only way to HIM is IN JESUS CHRIST .

Roman catholics as many others are being heavily swayed in INCLUSIVENSS .   GOD knew exactly what needed to get said .

quite a bit more was said as well .  Even remember saying this ,    I told him EVEN Augustine had one thing right ,  HE called the roman church the whore .

And that we need to be testing all men and none are infallible .    Much more got said of course .    Like he needs to get back into ONLY the bible and learn it well .

The thing is ,     This witnessing might not have been just for him , or even him at all ,   Because by the time I was done there was quite a few that had showed up

and had been listening .

But the point is ,  I had absolutely no words for that man .  NOT TILL I said , LORD give me the words this man needs to hear .    AND HE DID .

THE POINT IS ,    TRUST THOU IN GOD for he will give us a mouth .   And by all means DO NOT learn this junk rick warren and scores of others teach about EVANGELIZING .

ITS ALL a dead end .      Anway ,  hands up and praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

One to one. Through friendship, listening and caring about people first. Being an example of God's love. I don't believe quoting scripture loudly ever converts anyone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 9/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, listener24 said:

What is your style and what are the more important lessons you have learnt while sharing the Gospel with people?

@listener24 I write poetry so I have shared the gospel through poems over the years. Special occasions are a good opening for this.

I will sometimes (if the Lord so leads me and inspires it) write a holiday oriented poem and weave the gospel into it. Christmas and Easter; Thanksgiving and birthdays are all golden opportunities. So instead of just sending a greeting card I will enclose the poem I wrote inside it, too. Of course, any time of year God guides becomes a special occasion. :)

One thing I have learned is people tend to be touched when you take time for them (and respond favorably.) Deep down everyone wants to be loved. When they are dealt with in a personal way, this one on one approach can give them pause. Once they feel YOU care, it is easier for them to consider that God cares about them, too.:)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

Wow how many wonderful responses, really edifying and heartwarming. Praise Jesus! :emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat::emot-heartbeat:
I'll share my thoughts as well.

It is definitely different in every situation. Sometimes you get to see a person only one time. In that case I try to understand where their heart is, what they care about and their idea of life. I try to listen what the Holy Spirit has already convicted them of, if anything, and build from there.

Some are hurt by negative experiences with Churches, denominations or cults, and I try to remind that Jesus Himself was the first enemy of men-made religion and traditions. Sometimes they get more curious about Jesus because of this reason.

If there are opportunities for long term relationship, as you mentioned, I try to value the person and build a relationship, and then the room to share what Jesus has done in my life comes naturally.

If I'm in a city with a great local community, really obedient to Jesus, sometimes I invite them to Church as it may be an occasion for them to encounter Jesus through the love that we have for each other.

I also suggest to read the Scriptures by themselves, asking God to reveal Himself if He is real. I suggest to start from the Gospel.

All of this by praying and do my best to listening the Holy Spirit. It is Him who prepare people's heart in the end, and sometimes we just need to be obedient and show up and He does everything else even through our imperfection.

Regarding mistakes I made, sometimes I didn't share the Gospel out of a pure place of love. In those situations I probably did more harm than good.

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1