IGNORED

Christian without denomination - really possible?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

When I say that I am Christian people always ask me if I am catholic, orthodox or protestant. But I don't really know what to answer because I don't really know so much about the different denominations - I just read the bible, go to church on Sundays (in any nearby church) and wear a cross necklace. Isn't that enough? Is it possible to be a Christian only? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 minutes ago, Khaz said:

When I say that I am Christian people always ask me if I am catholic, orthodox or protestant. But I don't really know what to answer because I don't really know so much about the different denominations - I just read the bible, go to church on Sundays (in any nearby church) and wear a cross necklace. Isn't that enough? Is it possible to be a Christian only? 

I just say I'm a Christian.   Sometimes I might clarify by saying I'm not Catholic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Khaz said:

I just say :

I am a spirit filled Christian. That opens up further conversation with them and opportunity to witness of the need to receive Christ in your life. God does not want you to be religious. He is a personal God who wants to have a relationship with you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

I often say I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.  Over  the years  i've gotten more and more leery of almost every "ism" i am familiar with.   Jesus didn't fit  into anyone's box, and it  seems the more I learn of Him the less I seem to  fit in the precise boxes people who like labels demand.  HE  is the way, the  truth  and the life, and through Him the way to Father was opened up to me.  In Him alone I  have hope and not in any particular denomination.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When discussing this topic, I always turn it by saying I am not religious, but I am in a growing relationship with God.  This takes the focus of a denomination and onto the relationship.  If pressed, I always say I am nondenominational.  That also opens the discussion about division, which can be turned back toward a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

A christian is marked by several things, wearing a cross is not one of them.

Primarily it a belief that drives them to a lifestyle marked by honesty, hard work, compassion and worship.

As a Christian we should always be ready and able to give a reason for what and why we belief.

It is worth checking out what the churches you attend actualy believe and whether they put it into practice.

Churches whether part of denominations or not are able to multiply there effectiveness by together paying for missionaries to serve and to provide support for Christians.

It is up to you to find a christian church that you can identify with and join in serving and worshipping God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, Khaz said:

Hi,  Well perhaps, just perhaps you are not yet Christian after all. What makes you think that you are Christian? What  is your own testimony of turning away from sin against God to reliance upon Jesus sacrifice at the cross to cleanse you in the sight  of God the Father?

How did God the Holy Spirit turn you about to worship of Jesus as  your Lord God and personal savior? When did you become aware of God the Holy Spirit calling you to your own repentance from your own sin against God?

Have you been led by the Holy Spirit  to understanding  the obedience act of being baptized in water as demonstration to all that you have been born anew and that  you testify that you  do now serve the Lord Jesus?

These are the things of importance in your knowing you are a bond-servant of Jesus the Christ, and not so much  what if any denomination you associate with as a member at  a local body of Christ.  

Also these "things" will lead you to hearing  feeling and eventually obeying the call from God to be part of a local body of Christ, a member of the body.

Going to any ol  church does not provide the basic support the rest of the body needs of you, nor what you should also need, if you are  called to your own salvation by God. You really should be able to state a local body that is your home church group of saints in Christ Jesus even if you travel around. If you can't it is time to ask why, why do I not have an answer when asked what am I?

I suggest that wearing a cross, reading a Bible, and showing up at any ol church,  is not sound living for a born again individual, that instead the Holy spirit will drive the born again individual to find and be a participating part of a greater body than a body of one, that being ones self.

Perhaps it is time to turn inward and ask am I Christian? or am I not yet aware of Christ as my Lord?  Please ask of the Holy Spirit to show you Jesus if  that has not already  happened.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/8/2019 at 4:34 AM, Khaz said:

You can be a Christian and not have a denomination. A denomination really means nothing. It is your personal relationship with Christ that really matters. I always tell people I am a born again Christian who is nondenominational. 

• Thumbs Up 2