Sower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

from:   The Daily Citizen Morning Headlines   (Focus on the Family)

Wednesday September 11, 2019

Good Morning!

"Today’s 9/11 commemoration marks a generation (18 years) since the devastation in New York and Washington. 

Over 70 million citizens have been born since that horrific morning, so fewer and fewer people remember. 

As Wall Street Journal columnist and former Reagan/Bush speechwriter Peggy Noonan warned back in 2001:

We have to remember. We have to save these things. We can’t lose them. History needs them. Children will learn from them. Scholars will ponder them.

Here in New York we call what happened on Sept. 11 the greatest and most successful rescue effort on American soil in all of U.S. history.

But there’s more rescuing to be done, and it’s from a thief called time, which robs memories of their vividness, and from the Dumpster, which is daily carting history away from Ground Zero and the Pentagon."

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

people have forgotten...   and it will cost us our Republic before it's over.....   such a shame...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I can never forget...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

I can remember it very clearly. Doesn't seem like 18 years ago at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I remember it all too well, and after physical therapy I will post my memories of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Forgotten? No that attack is not forgotten.

I cannot look at any older movie and not scan the skyline shots of NYC in them to see if the twin towers had been erected yet. When  I do see them, I remember in detail that day. I also pray to God giving thanks for all that have worked so hard ever since being vigilant keeping us safe. Praise God for so many that do just that, sacrificing their entire adult working lifetimes in service to us all.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

omar.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I have not forgotten at all and I always had a lesson on 9-11 with my junior high math students regardless of it not being in the math curriculum.

The last year I taught was 14-15.  It was 4th grade.  A small tyke walked up to me on September 11 before they day started and only a few were in the room and said, "Ms. Jayne, what IS 9-11?"

I realized I was looking at a tiny 8-year-old boy whose little generation knew nothing.  We dispensed with math that morning and I shared with them everything there was to know in terms that they would understand.  I tried not to cry when I told them about phone calls between loved ones trapped in the buildings and those at home.  I talked for 50 minutes and they never budged nor looked away from me.  None of them knew.  I was very, very surprised by that.  

I can only assume the 1st - 3rd grade teachers did not know how to approach the story with children that small.

Yes, some have forgotten.  Some are so angry that they just don't care.  But, millions have not forgotten and will not.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

I Will never forget. I know some have allowed our country to follow a path that makes it look like we have but most have not, nor will every forget. 

I was in 8th grade, our gym class had just finished and our next hour teacher told us to hurry and change. We walked into her class to the tv on - we didn't leave her class for hours. 

We watched, we prayed, we were confused, and we all learned that day that our country wasn't as safe as our 14 years old brains had thought just a few hours before. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I remember seeing it in class on TV when I was in elementary school. 5th grade. I had been reading a Goosebumps book before it came on. I didn't really realize what I was looking at or why the kids and teacher were so interested. So I went back to reading The Blob That Ate Everyone. Really, I wasn't trying to be heartless, I was a kid who didn't get what was happening.

That was a sad and tragic day, though. I've looked at the stuff years later and it's just unfortunate. The people jumping, the phone calls where you can hear the buildings crumble, the faces lost in the dust and rubble. Such an amount of life lost, and for what?