• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

The Lord blessed Billy Graham with the ability to tell people what they needed to hear. 

I liked Billy Graham's preaching. Their are a couple right now that I trust and that is Dr. Charles Stanley and Dr. David Jeremiah. Dr. David Jeremiah is new to me. I recently read a book by him and I liked it. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

31 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

No they didn't. They complained and wanted him home. He told them that soldiers in the military are gone from home for long stretches of time as well. When she married him, she had no idea he was going to be gone. And the kids just wanted their father.

If a man (or woman) wants to do God's work, maybe he should.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

22 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I would encourage you to read just a few verses up from my post quoting ruling well and double honor then...  here let me show you what Gods unchanging Word says...

I read it. It's about showing respect, not giving them everything they ask for as you suggested.

23 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Its a dangerous thing

What's gonna happen?

51 minutes ago, Cletus said:

show me where i say "everything they ask"

I did not say that.  I said a need. 

How does one intreat someone as a father... as scripture commands us? 

Who determines what a "need" is? Some have said they needed a personal jet or a multimillion dollar home for their seven kids. Or a new SUV.

Intreating  someone as a father means to respect them. It's different from the commandment to honor your father. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Cletus said:
17 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

If you dont know what a need is then you have a lot to learn about what love is, and about serving.  I also noticed you could not show me where i did say what you claimed i did. perhaps thats because i didnt actually say it?  so lets set the record straight right now...  a multimillion dollar home or a personal jet is not a need.  if you think thats what i am advocating then you have zero clue what i stand for.  i would encourage you to look thru some of my old posts.  on this forum i have called out prosperity preachers by name... and i did call them a liar.  I say nothing here i would not say to their face. 

I know what a need is. I'm not thinking about myself at all. I'm thinking about those who are being told a priest or a pastor "needs" something and that his flock are to provide that need. Some of those needs are ungodly, but the pastor or priest can convince those who follow him that it is a valid need.

as far as showing "double honor" i dont now what that means. I worship God, honor my earthly father and give respect To church leaders. There's a lot going on in the Christian church and i think some people have their guards up and you're not going to see "double honor" whatever it is, happening too often. Sorry

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, BeauJangles said:

Great Religious Leaders

That's okay. Joel Osteen isn't and never will be a great religious leader. 

Hi BeauJangles, What is it about Joel Osteen that is so unbiblical? I don't much enjoy the presentations by him, but I also don't find in him that which is so terrible either. God will make of him what God has planned. To state he will never be somehing seems a bit of a presumption that God cannot use him. I think God  uses the weak  especially, to do His will and to show all of us that it is He that  is sovereign. That why we do not end up  idolizing  any created being instead of it's creator.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

21 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Who determines what a "need" is? Some have said they needed a personal jet or a multimillion dollar home for their seven kids. Or a new SUV.

Intreating  someone as a father means to respect them. It's different from the commandment to honor your father. 

If the church can afford it, the man of God should be taken care of. His life is generally dedicated to preaching the word. Whether food for him and his family, a home, etc.

1Ti 5:17  The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

1Ti 5:18  For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

1Co 9:9  For it is written in the Law of Moses: "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain." Is it about oxen that God is concerned?

1Co 9:10  Surely he says this for us, doesn't he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.

1Co 9:11  If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

Gal 6:6  Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

If he is a good minister of God I don’t think the saints would mind taking care of him with physical supplies.
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 9/28/2019 at 5:03 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A bigger concern could be exalting any man above criticism.......many preachers out there talk about the Blood......How many preach Nothing “ B U T” the Blood? Had Mr.Graham taught that message, he May have been on to something, because the World  HATES that message—- as does most of those who think they are Believers.A visit to the Graham Website indicates they emphasize Turning   “FROM” sin as opposed to turning  “TO” God for Salvation.I believe the latter.

repentance means changing your mind, it’s certainly possible that one can repent by turning from sin and there are plenty of people in the Bible who did so. But that’s only one kind of repentance and it is not the kind that leads to salvation. In the New Testament, repentance typically means turning to God.

I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. (Act 20:21)

Turning from versus turning to may seem like splitting hairs, but it’s the difference between life and death! Someone who turns to God automatically turns from sin and from their dead religious works, but someone who turns from sin does not automatically turn to God. This is why it is misleading and dangerous to preach repentance as “turning from sin.” Paul never did. “I preached that they should repent and turn to God” (Act 26:20). As usual, Paul took his lead from Jesus:

I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luk 5:32)

Again, the religious mind interprets this as a call to turn from sin but turning from sin doesn’t make you righteous. An unbeliever who turns from sin remains an unbeliever. Consider the Pharisees. They ran away anytime sin appeared. If anyone knew how to turn from sin they did yet Jesus called them sons of hell (Mt 23:15). Turning from sin will make you a moral person, but it won’t make you righteous. Righteousness comes to us through faith in Christ alone.

repentance means turning from sin

conversion is turning to God.

Jesus preached repentance.

turning to Christ as Lord over their lives brings salvation and being born again.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

as far as showing "double honor" i dont now what that means. I worship God, honor my earthly father and give respect To church leaders. There's a lot going on in the Christian church and i think some people have their guards up and you're not going to see "double honor" whatever it is, happening too often. Sorry

1Ti 5:17  Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

1Ti 5:18  For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."

This is referring to the pastor who tirelessly preaches and teaches the Scriptures should receive twice the pay of the rest of the church employees.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

What is it about Joel Osteen that is so unbiblical? I don't much enjoy the presentations by him, but I also don't find in him that which is so terrible either.

You don't really expect me to answer this do you? Here you are then. 

He has some very helpful insights into Joel Osteen's confused views of faith, doctrine and Scripture: Joel Osteen and Prosperity Gospel The Prosperity Gospel is much like all other religions in that it uses faith, it uses doing good things to leverage material blessings from God.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/osteen-meyer-prosperity-gospel_b_3790384

• Thumbs Up 1