createdequal

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

well, obviously one thing that annoys me when I hear that is: it implies you are a-ok w/ God just as you are which I doubt is the case. We are all sinners and we are all called to "Go and sin no more"

but what really bugs me about it is: HOW DO YOU KNOW?

You are not your own judge. Even St Paul said that while he knows of nothing offensive (paraphrase) within him, he nonetheless is not his own judge

So again, I believe in the doctrine that salvation is a process.. Yes, we have those lovely experiences that change us radically. But unless we die immediately afterward... yeh, we are going to have many crosses to bear and many trials and who knows whether we will do the right thing in those situations?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

8 minutes ago, createdequal said:

well, obviously one thing that annoys me when I hear that is: it implies you are a-ok w/ God just as you are which I doubt is the case. We are all sinners and we are all called to "Go and sin no more"

You are not your own judge. Even St Paul said that while he knows of nothing offensive (paraphrase) within him, he nonetheless is not his own judge

So again, I believe in the doctrine that salvation is a process.. Yes, we have those lovely experiences that change us radically. But unless we die immediately afterward... yeh, we are going to have many crosses to bear and many trials and who knows whether we will do the right thing in those situations?

Faith.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

10 minutes ago, createdequal said:

Romans 10:9 and 10:10 will help you find out whether or not you are saved. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:9-10
 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 
ESV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

I'd better explain. Every time Jesus was presented with a person's faith He softened. He no sooner told the Canaanite woman to leave Him alone than this exchange in Matthew 15:

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "LORD, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly." 23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." 24He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." 25The woman came and knelt before him. "LORD, help me!" she said. 26He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." 27"Yes it is, LORD," she said. "Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." 28Then Jesus said to her, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed at that moment.

100% of the time Jesus responded to faith with love.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 minutes ago, createdequal said:

So again, I believe in the doctrine that salvation is a process..

Life as a Christian for those who choose to follow after Jesus is a process known as sanctification. Salvation on the other hand, is granted upon request. We can't work for it, or none of us would have ever made it. Just a thought for consideration.

Romans 10:13 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.  KJV

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, TraceMalin said:

Faith.

faith does not keep us from sinning.

I have stopped sinning in big ways (more/less)  but I still sin in not so big ways. For example, if someone irritates me by being illogical in demanding something that makes no sense.. (OK, I had this one situation in mind but what I mean is:) when someone just acts like an idiot for no valid reason (attacks you, say, bc you are Christian), well, I can find myself very angry and possibly saying things I shouldn't say. I don't do this as badly as I once did but still... I am far from losing my faith but I am not (probably) acting as Jesus would like. I have gotten to the point where I don't say hateful sounding stuff but I do not try to hide my anger.. There's that scripture Be angry but sin not

in any case, again, faith does not stop us from sinning

and when we, say, hold onto anger at some given person, we are NOT close to Jesus.. we are focused on that person, in a sense idolizing that person by spending our mental resources on him/her when really, talking to some people is a total waste of time (or thinking about them, rather)

1 hour ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Romans 10:9 and 10:10 will help you find out whether or not you are saved. 

There is no way to know whether or not you are "saved" until you have been Judged. You can, as St Paul said, "know of nothing against" you but again, you are not your own judge. If St Paul says that, after all the evangelizing he did.. well, how can WE presume to know our eternal destination?

and it is in any case dangerous to presume we are on our way to Heaven when maybe we are not.. maybe there is some big sin in our lives that we refuse to look at... very dangerous to presume one is already "there" already saved

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Hi, I do know.

Why  that would  bug you or anyone? Do you want me to be in some doubt when there is none? I don't get any concern by anyone else about what I know. God the Holy Spirit has made it abundantly clear, I am of the flock of Jesus, and He loses not a one of His own.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1