missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have French, black Irish, and German that I know of. We all might have some kind of ancestry that we are not aware of. There may have been black or American Indian in my past. That would be ok with me. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Anglo-Saxon, little bit of Kiowa Indian.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

Finnish , Saami, Swedish, and perhaps Russian Uralic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Finnish , Saami, Swedish, and perhaps Russian Uralic

Another saami how great. 

Im mainly norwegian roots. Close roots, barely off the boat. Culturally also norwegian. I have some german swedish and saami as well. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Dis all of you take some sort of DNA test to determine this or is this passed down through the generations?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I didnt take a dna test. I would like my dad to, since there is a strong likelihood his mother/my grandmother was sephardic jewish. What I know came from family records. My norwegian roots are fresh. Ive seen the ancestral farm and met all the relatives there, the cousins aunts and uncles. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

No DNA test here; just word of mouth and personal research.

I'm a mongrel of the UK. English, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh, with the two strongest being English (my dad) and Irish (my mom). 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Dis all of you take some sort of DNA test to determine this or is this passed down through the generations?

Hi,

Though I had no interest in the subject I had dna done by two of the chase your own ancestry companies because, I am the male survivor of an age group and the females wanted my  ancestry to confirm some trait. So I did it. Then I started doing the research of my lineage and got interested for awhile. It is time consuming!

By way  of US census records and English records I am able to trace back to the early 1600's. Seems to be that  I am English and French. And American by way  of early family that made it to Nova Scotia, English Canada, and then into the USA, via the timber industry enterprise, ship building, and the shoe industry flourishing at Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Had Canadian ancestors hire on to raid the English army posts and had seamen do battle during  the American revolution. All interesting for a bit, but really became a so what issue  for me.

Mostly I learned many of the "secrets" of who bedded whom that should not have and what became of the relationship. We even found we had a living cousin we never knew, and two of us found out  of a half brother that was not known about until last year when they met after doing ancestry research, They never knew  they were related a though he was a school classmate and friend of two in the family, and they have all lived in the same town all their lives. We learned much of this while having a grand time at a reunion celebration while celebrating my mother's lifetime  here on the planet.

Oh, I did also learn some medical traits and propensities from the DNA, but again at age 75 it is a so what issue for me. I guess it was fun, but nothing I will continue to pay  for to companies in order to continue on researching. After all I can not go backward, and I can't really know of tomorrow either. So I take today  for what it presents and give thanks to God for it all.

Actually as I type I realize I do have to add that it has been helpful to me in my reading of the Bible and seeing the affect of the genealogy. Perhaps I am more attuned to following and picking up on what those genealogies reveal in the Bible, now that I have  done some research about myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Thanks Neighbor - I asked because both of my parents history is very very short.  I didn't know if most depended on the test to determine what nationalities they encompassed.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have French, black Irish, and German that I know of. We all might have some kind of ancestry that we are not aware of. There may have been black or American Indian in my past. That would be ok with me. 

I've never had a DNA test. That might be fun to do. It would appear I am English, Scottish, and German.