• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/31/2019 at 3:47 PM, Revlori said:

I know someone who is continuing to pray many verses from the book of Psalm over there enemies. Those who they consider there enemy have continued to reject every invitation of salvation and claim they are an atheist. They are causing many problems for this person and there family by spreading destroying lies, causing harm and it looks like bureau of man, they have gotten away with it and continue to do so ( however we know nothing is out of God's sight and all is recorded) however my question is: is this the right way to pray for one's enemy like this?

Thank you, you friend in Christ

It looks like I'll be the minority on this.

I believe it is perfectly fine to pray for justices.   However, they also need to forgive.  But I do not believe in blanket mindless 'forgiveness' where you keep walking into people who harm you, because you forgive them.

It's this logic, that pastors tell abused wives, to stay in the same home as an abusive husband, and then the wife ends up killed.

As for what these enemies are doing, I would say that too many Christians fail to take logical protections.  You need to protect your family, and that might mean disconnecting from someone damaging your family.

Maybe the reason that these other people are not turning from their evil, is that G-d is waiting for this family to step up and make changes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

So what this thread is about is forgiveness. I see.

It is actually easier to forgive than you might think. I myself hold no grudges against people.

As for the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Yes, I was alive to see that. I woke up one morning, when I was a child, and turned the TV on and watched in disbelief as the two planes hit those two towers. Many people lost their lives that day, it is proof that the devil is still strong and active and he wants to hurt us...but causing pain and destruction and wanting to hurt others is evil...its all the Devil can do...but we have a GOD who is bigger than HE is in every way.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/31/2019 at 7:47 PM, Revlori said:

I know someone who is continuing to pray many verses from the book of Psalm over there enemies. Those who they consider there enemy have continued to reject every invitation of salvation and claim they are an atheist. They are causing many problems for this person and there family by spreading destroying lies, causing harm and it looks like bureau of man, they have gotten away with it and continue to do so ( however we know nothing is out of God's sight and all is recorded) however my question is: is this the right way to pray for one's enemy like this?

Thank you, you friend in Christ

I guess you will have to be open hearted in your prayer and be very honest. Once you stop praying your heart will start the healing process and the strength against against the attacks of the physical and spiritual enemy you have will start to rise.