IGNORED

No more

I am going to stop attending church. 

I cannot stand any more of the people. The group that runs everything is unbearable. Squabbling with each other, being self important, so petty. It puts me off my joy of worship. They even resent that i am a quiet one who will not join in their nonsense. I used to be involved in everything but withdrew some time ago as i got exhausted of being put upon. Now i find their personalities tiresome so i say little and feel unwelcome and increasingly an outsider because i won't play their game. 

I feel resting at home on Sundays is far better. I am happiest reading my Bible, lots of Christian books, praying and being alone and peaceful. I have good real Christian friends and we get together quietly for coffee and to pray and talk in my home. I love that.

But what of fellowship and singing hymns? Of mutual support? It's just the few have spoilt that for everyone and i cannot cope with such disruption to my peace of mind any more. 

So i may attend occasionally now. I will miss it as it was my routine i valued so much. I am so sad about it all. Has anyone else been driven from their church? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Melinda12

Yes, and bless you, the heart of someone who has Christ in them.

People are fallen, we (including ourselves) don’t see ourselves for what we are in ourselves, (the unyielded  part) But Christ loves us,  and is at work perfecting us. We are to forgive each other and accept them as they are, (unfinished works of God), as just the same as they are for us. For love  covers a multitude of sins.

Having said all that, you must do what the peace of Christ in your heart is telling you, whether you go or not that is between God and you.... But remember; we go to church because God told us to not to forsake the assembly. For in that assembly of the Saints, God is at work. When you go to Church, (as you should), keep your eyes on Christ, for He’s the reason you go, not any other reason, just to present yourself before Him. As you do that, let love toward your brother be your goal, for that is the highest expression of Christ there is. 

People can be difficult, but Christ came to seek and save that which was lost... Be that expression, deny self, and walk in love and righteousness towards all. They may or may not accept you, but that matters not, you love them and always point to Christ not concerning yourself with yourself. 

Be strong and of good courage for great is your reward in Heaven.

Fight the good fight, Not me 

• Brilliant! 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I feel resting at home on Sundays is far better. I am happiest reading my Bible, lots of Christian books, praying and being alone and peaceful. I have good real Christian friends and we get together quietly for coffee and to pray and talk in my home. I love that.

But what of fellowship and singing hymns? Of mutual support? It's just the few have spoilt that for everyone and I cannot cope with such disruption to my peace of mind any more. 

So i may attend occasionally now. I will miss it as it was my routine i valued so much. I am so sad about it all. Has anyone else been driven from their church? 

Hi Melinda, 

I've highlighted an essential key phrase here to your post, because it does say a lot. It's terribly unfortunate that so few have totally ruined your church experience. For now, at least. Perhaps a step back from attendance and time-out will help you with recouping from the toxic congregants. Have you considered speaking to the minister about your decision? It might be helpful for him to know this.  

It's not likely those of the 'chosen frozen' will change. Especially if they have been members for quite some time. You on the other hand, can choose how they affect your emotions. But for now, give it the time you feel is needful for the sake of your spiritual sanity. I see no wrong in taking a little vacation, and getting alone with the Lord concerning this situation. God bless you, sister. Praying for you.  

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,630
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Has anyone else been driven from their church? 

Hi, Sorry that you are having a time of personal disruption. May God show you  clearly the direction He wants you to be going at this time. Perhaps it will not be a comfortable routine, maybe it will be hard, but become awesome going forward in service to Him.

------------

Have I been driven from a church?  I have been led to move to another church.  Literally move, not once but three times, rather massive moves for me to take, and now four.

I presently associate with three churches in two States. God has shaken me out of my comfort zone, way out of it. And yes once I did decide I could be a church of one. Wasn't a very spiritually rewarding time, but perhaps a necessary one so that I never ever fall back into that mode, and instead do as commanded of me going forward.   

I am up early this AM to study the Wordless book material from Spurgeon so that I may participate Sunday at a newly formed class for some individuals with special needs. I am not a teacher, do not have the talent nor gift, but I am going to participate-way out of my comfort zone. In fact so much so that I found myself being homesick last night and wanting to go South to my other church body associations. I fought off that sudden urge and am digging in, not in pleasure so much as in duty as a servant of our Lord, a privilege and a duty. I share that  only to say that there are times I would rather retreat than go forward. Perhaps many are that way, I do not know.

Anyway God bless you. May you too be lead by God the Holy Spirit and later be able to look back and see as well as say; oh I get it, I see it now. I know now what God was preparing for me to be doing when I felt a bit bad about church.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Afraid so. It was my increasing understanding that was an issue. My ex was once a witch, and though dramatically delivered (I was there) I think later became too negative and began to see evil everywhere. Perhaps she regressed. Horrible times...

There are generally three tiers of people. Top tier is the academics that spend lifetimes studying and producing scholarship for peer review. Most of this stuff is still in the clouds, but they provide seminaries with abbreviated and much reduced information for general consumption. This is the middle tier. Condensed stuff for preachers and teachers.

Then there is the general believing public that have no clue about the other two tiers - EXCEPT...  And the exceptions are not the crazy whacky YouTube producers of nonsense, they are the new type of home-grown scholars that study like the bereans did.

The exceptions are generally very small goups or individuals. They seek truth. And they might spend decades in this lone pursuit. Since Holy Spirit is no respecter of persons, this small group of truth-seekers manages to storm the academic fortresses and obtain valuable information. The internet's only good function is that Providentially (for a short while) truth and understanding is available for those that have a will to search it out. They will bypass the televangelists and money-grabbers and find out for themselves.

So do no be afraid to search out truth on your own. Because you are NEVER really on your own.

P.s. few dare question their doctrines; they will be frowned upon. But for those that dare research WHY their docrines are the way they are and WHERE they came from..  those few will be very cautious indeed in the future. 

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 3

42 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

There are generally three tiers of people. Top tier is the academics that spend lifetimes studying and producing scholarship for peer review. Most of this stuff is still in the clouds, but they provide seminaries with abbreviated and much reduced information for general consumption. This is the middle tier. Condensed stuff for preachers and teachers.

Then there is the general believing public that have no clue about the other two tiers - EXCEPT...  And the exceptions are not the crazy whacky YouTube producers of nonsense, they are the new type of home-grown scholars that study like the bereans did.

The exceptions are generally very small goups or individuals. They seek truth. And they might spend decades in this lone pursuit. Since Holy Spirit is no respecter of persons, this small group of truth-seekers manages to storm the academic fortresses and obtain valuable information. The internet's only good function is that Providentially (for a short while) truth and understanding is available for those that have a will to search it out. They will bypass the televangelists and money-grabbers and find out for themselves.

A very intuitive observation there, bro.  :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Yes, I have.

Consider the following. Jesus loved and died for his Church. He tells us not to forsake the Local assembly. We are his Bride---the Church. I left bitterly, and a woman of the faith gently brought me to my senses. We are a messy people, full of messes, and God does not abandon us. 

In a description of the Seven Churches, in even the worst of them where Jezebel presided, encouraging sexual perversion and where Jesus took her light away, read what he says of those remaining, standing firm in their faith:

Revelation 2:24-25 (NIV)
24  Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you):
25  Only hold on to what you have until I come.

In even that church Jesus told no one to leave, but to hold on.

Don't let others cause you to sow and reap bitterness in your heart. The real mission field Melinda is not around the block or overseas, but sitting right next to you in church. Love them as Jesus loved those who crucified him and made them whole and complete. Stand firm in your faith. God bless you sister.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

Not driven exactly. Invited to leave? Yes. It was pretty upsetting, and I lost a lot of the youth's fellowship that drew me to come to Christ in the first place. The way it all transpired is something I still don't care discussing to this day either. My mom and I who were once openly welcomed into the front portals, were excused through the back exit. Pretty sad to say the least.  

• Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Will be your loss. And the church body's loss. A body part cannot function alone, separated from the body.
We are as believers all a part of the body of Christ. What does God tell you?
Ask HIM, not others who forsake the assembling of His body.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Have you consider finding a different church?

• Thumbs Up 1