Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Does God make mistakes? Of course He does not. What about children that are born with Downs Syndrome, handicapped, deformed, mentally or physically deficient; are these mistakes or random genetic chance? Nope.

Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

The Lord makes no mistakes in the womb. Each baby is born according to God's plan and purpose to fulfill His will, plan and purpose. Even though many times we will not immediately understand why?

Why am I bringing all this up? Because it's here and taking place right now; man playing God. Run a Google search on "Designer Baby's" and see what pops up. Altering the genetic makeup of a child the way and looks you want it to be. Another selling point is removing paternal genes passed down that have the potential to develop into disease down the line. 

What's your view; a scientific medical miracle to be embraced, or a slap in God's face and that He doesn't know what He is doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Some of the most loving people I have had the pleasure of meeting are those with disabilities.

As for scientific advances like this, it is all man.  Yes, God gave them the ability to become great scientist, but He did not do so in order for them to play God - that's my view point.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Some of the most loving people I have had the pleasure of meeting are those with disabilities.

As for scientific advances like this, it is all man.  Yes, God gave them the ability to become great scientist, but He did not do so in order for them to play God - that's my view point.

I totally agree. I didn't even mention that if science has the knowledge, skill and ability to do alterations like this right here and now. Imagine the tinkering going on in secret black ops programs not published; to produce super soldiers and cross breads for military purposes, space travel and the extension of unlimited lifespans? Science is on the cusp of growing your own replacement organs in a Petri dish, how far advanced are they now, 5-10 years from now? The worlds military's always get first use of all advanced technologies and inventions before they trickle down for public use. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,018
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

What about children that are born with Downs Syndrome, handicapped, deformed, mentally or physically deficient; are these mistakes or random genetic chance? Nope.

Good thread Dennis1209.

The Biblical theology of all suffering lays the cause at the feet of the first man. When the first man sinned all of Creation became less than perfect and had to be cursed by God. None of us would have faired better than Adam, and now the natural wickedness of mankind will climax every which way it can, until the Lord's return when the curse will be reversed.

Romans 8:20 When Adam sinned, his transgression affected not only mankind, but all creation, both animate and inanimate. The ground is cursed. Many wild animals die violent deaths. Disease afflicts birds and animals as well as fish and serpents. The results of man's sin have rippled like shockwaves throughout all creation.
Thus, as Paul explains, the creation was subjected to futility, frustration, and disorder, not by its own choice, but by the decree of God because of the disobedience of man's first federal head. (Source: The Believer's Bible Commentary)

Rom 8:18-27
(18)  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(19)  For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
(20)  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
(21)  because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
(22)  For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
(23)  Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
(24)  For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
(25)  But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
(26)  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
(27)  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I totally agree. I didn't even mention that if science has the knowledge, skill and ability to do alterations like this right here and now. Imagine the tinkering going on in secret black ops programs not published; to produce super soldiers and cross breads for military purposes, space travel and the extension of unlimited lifespans? Science is on the cusp of growing your own replacement organs in a Petri dish, how far advanced are they now, 5-10 years from now? The worlds military's always get first use of all advanced technologies and inventions before they trickle down for public use. 

I really don't think there is enough time for them to do all that.  They will soon have bigger problems to deal with.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This is an interesting one. I dont think they should be able to make designer babies for vanity sake. I think it is a corruption of Gods handiwork.

I think the difficult bit would be in a few years when gene therapies have advanced. When you can have gene therapy to cure things like cancer, diabetes,  name your disease.

Would that treatment be ok to cure an adult? Would it be ok to use these treatments to save a child's life at ten years of age? Would it be acceptable to do gene therapy on a baby so that the baby didn't go on to spend its entire life in chronic pain.... would it be ok to perform gene therapy a week before the baby is born , inside the womb so that it wasnt born with a debilitating muscle waisting disease?

Thoughts?

Edited by joebloggs
Typo

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I really don't think there is enough time for them to do all that.  They will soon have bigger problems to deal with.

I believe what you said to be God's plan (timing)  all along.
We are in the exponential period of a people/creation.
Things are moving/growing faster at that exponential pace, in most all facets of life.
Saying, it's all coming to a head. Time is getting short.
I feel God is about to put His foot down.
Before man creates some monster mistake.
Again.

God is still on the throne!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Right, How can omniscient God make a mistake?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

God does not make mistakes. His understanding is not our understanding. There is a reason for everything that happens. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

It should be noted that God “ Repented” 19 times in the Bible.....He holds the record in that category.I can’t really explain that fact.....just thought that it should be pointed out.....

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1