• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is an excellent example of double talk. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, JTC said:

........or Truth......depending on which Testament you choose to live under..... I like the New Deal That God came up with after the Cross.....Salvation by Grace alone....Try it! You just might like it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Righteousness by faith is conferred on us by God when we are born again and Christ lives in us.   It is imputed on our accounts by faith and conferred on us.

By the same token our righteousness is worked out in us as we yield ourself to God and identify with Him.  It is recognizing that our old self has died with Christ and we were raised up to walk in His righteousness.

It is saying that our new righteous nature produces new righteous actions.  This is not double talk; it is truth.

4 hours ago, JTC said:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

If one is saved, they of course have the  Indwelling Holy Spirit  and their  behavior may have its ups and downs, but the overall trend should point upward .Morality should improve and it will improve , according to God’s order of importance as He works through them.It’s all a result of Salvation , not the cause of it....it will happen , but it does  not “ have” to.The thief on the cross ran out of time as do those that are saved on their death- beds.....God has changed me incredibly over time and the changes were slow but sure......50 years and counting...  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:12-13

...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;  Philippians 1:6

• Praise God! 2

On 11/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, Willa said:

Righteousness by faith is conferred on us by God when we are born again and Christ lives in us.   It is imputed on our accounts by faith and conferred on us.

By the same token our righteousness is worked out in us as we yield ourself to God and identify with Him.  It is recognizing that our old self has died with Christ and we were raised up to walk in His righteousness.

It is saying that our new righteous nature produces new righteous actions.  This is not double talk; it is truth

Amen, Willa.

For those that might not quite understand what we are saying, here is an excellent video that might help....

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/244085-how-to-respond-to-temptation/

34 minutes ago, Debp said:

Amen, Willa.

For those that might not quite understand what we are saying, here is an excellent video that might help....

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/244085-how-to-respond-to-temptation/

I am happy to see that you enjoy Dr.Farley......he’s got dozens Of  short videos that are available on you tube and at his site......he also has some great books out there .....I am currently enjoying “ Twisted Scripture”..... check it out if you want to abandon JudaAnity and start living under God’s new, improved Plan for Mankind—Grace.Understanding Grace and having the Faith necessary to live it out pleases God. One foot in Grace and the other one in Law ain’t gonna cut it with God.When you see the Truth of living in Grace, as God has always intended, you will find yourself doing all those things that the Legalists take and beat you over the head with.Grace is the Answer— the ONLY answer.Jesus paid an unbelievable price to be able to extend it to us.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I live by the entire Word of God. I don't pick & choose what to believe so I can have some fun.

11 hours ago, JTC said:

I live by the entire Word of God. I don't pick & choose what to believe so I can have some fun.

There seems to be by what you say a misunderstanding about saving grace.   When we are born of the Spirit, we are given a new nature, a spiritual nature.  A new heart.   This is called the New Covenant...we are no longer under the Old Covenant.   So now our good works flow out of a desire in our hearts to live the Christian Life.   It is a new and living way....life in the Spirit.   

Perhaps the following will help....

This devotional from Daily Blessings explains so well about the grace of God so thought I would share it.

“You will subdue our iniquities; and will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.” - Mic 7:19 

Sin subdued is the next greatest blessing to sin pardoned; and wherever God pardons sin, he subdues sin; for the same grace which saves sanctifies; the same grace which casts sin behind God’s back, puts its foot upon the corruptions of the believer, and prevents iniquity from having dominion over him.

The Scripture is very plain and express upon this point. “Sin shall not have dominion over you.” Why? “Because you are not under the law,” which gives sin its strength and power, “but under grace,” which is able to subdue its dominion. Nor do I believe that any child of God can ever rest satisfied except by the subduing of his sins as well as the pardoning of them. To have his unbelief, infidelity, worldly-mindedness, pride, and covetousness subdued by the grace of God, its power taken out of it, its dominion dethroned, its authority destroyed, and its strength weakened and diminished, that he may not be under the dominion of any lust, or carried away by the strength of any secret or open sin, but may walk before God in the light of his countenance, as desirous to know his will and do it—this is the desire and breathing of every one that knows sin in its guilt, filth, and power. How gracious, then, is the promise, how sweet the favor, that the Lord has promised to subdue our iniquities by the same grace as that whereby he pardons them; that, as we receive the blood of Christ to sprinkle the conscience, so we receive the grace of Christ to sanctify and renew the soul, and the strength of Christ to overcome all our inward and outward foes.
  • This is Worthy 2