• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

It is relevant, apples to oranges; Mars soil is sterile is an example that nothing can grow in its soil, but why?

You are making my point. Adam was created with the 'appearance' of age, as were the animals and plants. So it stands to reason everything else that was 'made' in the Garden of Eden had the appearance of age; like trees with tree rings inside indicating their growth seasons. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

To sustain what was made [trees & plants], the soil had to be fertile. How does fertilization of the soil occur for the life cycle? Things must die first over a period of time and become food [top soil] for micro organisms and insects to survive, reproduce, aerate, cycle and then become an ecology to support plant life, therefore all life. A seed must first die before it can germinate and grow. 

Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation. Physical human death entered the world when Adam sinned for him and all his future prodigy. 

If the above assumptions are accurate and correct; then it gives a different interpretation. How do you disagree?

"Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation."

Just a question from the peanut gallery.
Could God not have created a 'ready' mature universe, earth, and man? Instantly?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Sower said:

"Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation."

Just a question from the peanut gallery.
Could God not have created a 'ready' mature universe, earth, and man? Instantly?

Of course, our Lord is unlimited...

I'm trying to decipher the chronology of events in the first chapter of Genesis and elsewhere like in Job. When I got the understanding of the two totally separate words and meanings in Hebrew between created vs. made [they're not interchangeable], it started to make a lot more sense to me in the chronological order and my understanding of the events. 

I don't want to imply this is the correct view, but one that I'm exploring and looking at from others viewpoints. I'm not out to convince anyone or change their minds on their hermeneutic view; but discuss it intelligently and what does the word of God plainly say and/or allude to. 

The view I'm exploring has been the most accepted and assumed view since the early church fathers, and changed only in the last 50 years or so. My research indicates the Jew's of old also accepted a gap in time between Genesis 1:2 and 1:3. I could list the Bibles and their commentators that held this view in detail but it would take a lot of time and cyber ink. The change of this gap view seems to be relatively new in history and modern scholarship.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Did Adam have a belly-button...?  Did Eve..?

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It is relevant, apples to oranges; Mars soil is sterile is an example that nothing can grow in its soil, but why?

You are making my point. Adam was created with the 'appearance' of age, as were the animals and plants. So it stands to reason everything else that was 'made' in the Garden of Eden had the appearance of age; like trees with tree rings inside indicating their growth seasons.

Agreed

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The chicken

To sustain what was made [trees & plants], the soil had to be fertile. How does fertilization of the soil occur for the life cycle? Things must die first over a period of time and become food [top soil] for micro organisms and insects to survive, reproduce, aerate, cycle and then become an ecology to support plant life, therefore all life.

Or the soil was created fertile, which would be my opinion.  Also would the creation be  "very good" if it was not created with all of the elements to sustain and reproduces life?

A seed must first die before it can germinate and grow. 

Agreed.

Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation.

Not really.  I am sure God created enough food, fruit and grains for Adam and Eve to survive until the plants went though their production cycle so Adam and Eve would continue to have sufficient food to survive.

Physical human death entered the world when Adam sinned for him and all his future prodigy. 

Agreed

If the above assumptions are accurate and correct; then it gives a different interpretation. How do you disagree?

IMO it is not important when the first death occurred.  It changes no Biblical theology.  What we should see in Genesis 1-2, Is an omnipotent  loving God creating an object  on which to express His everlasting love.  Th rest of the Bib l is written to give us assurance that God exist and has made plans for mans failure and of His eternal  love for his children.

Those themes are hard to find in some of the books, especially the OT, but the more I study, the more I see God trying to assure His children  that the end will be far superior to any trials we face in this life.

Love, peace and joy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Of course, our Lord is unlimited...

I'm trying to decipher the chronology of events in the first chapter of Genesis and elsewhere like in Job. When I got the understanding of the two totally separate words and meanings in Hebrew between created vs. made [they're not interchangeable], it started to make a lot more sense to me in the chronological order and my understanding of the events. 

I don't want to imply this is the correct view, but one that I'm exploring and looking at from others viewpoints. I'm not out to convince anyone or change their minds on their hermeneutic view; but discuss it intelligently and what does the word of God plainly say and/or allude to. 

The view I'm exploring has been the most accepted and assumed view since the early church fathers, and changed only in the last 50 years or so. My research indicates the Jew's of old also accepted a gap in time between Genesis 1:2 and 1:3. I could list the Bibles and their commentators that held this view in detail but it would take a lot of time and cyber ink. The change of this gap view seems to be relatively new in history and modern scholarship.

The problem with the gap theory is that it is not necessary and they had to change a word in the Bible  to shoe horn it in.  In Gen 1:2, they changed"was" to "became."  They did this because at that time the theory of evolution was starting to gain popularity, and they were afraid science would prove the Bible wrong.

Love, peace and joy

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

You are making my point. Adam was created with the 'appearance' of age, as were the animals and plants. So it stands to reason everything else that was 'made' in the Garden of Eden had the appearance of age; like trees with tree rings inside indicating their growth seasons. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

To sustain what was made [trees & plants], the soil had to be fertile. How does fertilization of the soil occur for the life cycle? Things must die first over a period of time and become food [top soil] for micro organisms and insects to survive, reproduce, aerate, cycle and then become an ecology to support plant life, therefore all life. A seed must first die before it can germinate and grow. 

Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation. Physical human death entered the world when Adam sinned for him and all his future prodigy. 

Everything including Adam and Eve was created to last indefinitely, so trying to make the Holy Bible fit worldly science is not worthy of Bible-believing followers of Christ.

Check out Romans 8 where corruption or decay is described as bondage. Before death and decay came through the disobedience of Adam everything was functioning according to its design with no corruption occurring by ageing or any other means: Currently we and all creation wait for deliverance from all that is imperfect...

Rom 8:20-22
(20)  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;
(21)  because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
(22)  For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

We'll, I've seen most everything else twisted here, why not this :groan:.

Is there enough left of Christianity to even call it Christianity in these last days :happyhappy:.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

We'll, I've seen most everything else twisted here, why not this :groan:.

Is there enough left of Christianity to even call it Christianity in these last days :happyhappy:.

Yes.  The Lord is faithful to Himself.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yes.  The Lord is faithful to Himself.

:-)

What are you saying in reference to my comment????:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

12 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

What are you saying in reference to my comment????:)

Sure beans.

The Church of Jesus Christ His Body is alive and well.

He will have His way on earth as in heaven.