• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

9 minutes ago, Alive said:

I am not familiar with this. Please explain the underlying principle of this study.

I will honor your request and do my best.

I have a thread in bible study on typology. Im on my way to church so i may not be able to bump it until later.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I agree, Dennis. I have had a huge library of books, but moving here and there made it difficult to keep them.

At this point, it doesn't matter much but for this forum.

The Word is alive. I do still profit some from looking at different texts and the accumulated understanding of the saints through the centuries, but it is not required. The scriptures and the Paraclete is sufficient.

One of my weaknesses has always been study--in that it can be at times unmoderated.

This was the reason the Lord took me through that exercise some years ago when he had me spend a bunch of time thinking about what I believed and just how I came to believe it.

The result was a relatively few important things that He had taught.

I have been and remain, in the natural, far too proud for my own good.

Praise the Lord! He is not finished....the Author and Finisher.  Yes--we have read the last chapter.

:-)

59 minutes ago, Alive said:

I am not familiar with this. Please explain the underlying principle of this study.

I will honor your request and do my best.

Hi brother.

This is an amazing study that changed a big part of my Christian walk. It begins in ROMANS 11 where it talks about "Israel not being cast away", and then  the "OLIVE TREE" topic begins in verse 16 -24 and if you research it you'll find it will lead you back into the Old Testament.

I study a lot in Greek,  word studies in Greek and with Greek dictionaries, word study books, Interlinears, concordances and so forth and if you do to, let your studying take you on a trip through all your different study aids, and I think you'll find it amazing and fascinating.

My studies like this typically can take months or even years.

I have a library of nearly 600 volumn's of topical commentaries I have put together over the yeas and it's helped me grow incredibly. Some topics have over 60 volumns and took years to complete.

I studied for 26 years before retiring and have spent another 16 years of retirement studying, so it's amazing how much you can accomplish in that length of time.

This study took me nearly 3 years to finally make sense of it. It's amazing where God will take you if your willing to follow with an open mind and heart.

Have fun reading Romans 11 and see where it takes you.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Guess no one uses the older Bible commentaries like Scofield anymore. 

Moved on years ago. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

11 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Hi brother.

This is an amazing study that changed a big part of my Christian walk. It begins in ROMANS 11 where it talks about "Israel not being cast away", and then  the "OLIVE TREE" topic begins in verse 16 -24 and if you research it you'll find it will lead you back into the Old Testament.

I study a lot in Greek,  word studies in Greek and with Greek dictionaries, word study books, Interlinears, concordances and so forth and if you do to, let your studying take you on a trip through all your different study aids, and I think you'll find it amazing and fascinating.

My studies like this typically can take months or even years.

I have a library of nearly 600 volumn's of topical commentaries I have put together over the yeas and it's helped me grow incredibly. Some topics have over 60 volumns and took years to complete.

I studied for 26 years before retiring and have spent another 16 years of retirement studying, so it's amazing how much you can accomplish in that length of time.

This study took me nearly 3 years to finally make sense of it. It's amazing where God will take you if your willing to follow with an open mind and heart.

Have fun reading Romans 11 and see where it takes you.

Thank you for that Seasoned. I also look at the original languages for help and clarification.

It is interesting how the translators decided on word choices.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

16 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Just clarifying, @omega2xx....  Are these words from your quote of @Dennis1209 actually your words?  Your own words should be typed outside the quote box so that you don't alter what someone else said.  I know this can be confusing for a newbie.  :)  

Anyway, if the above quote is yours, who are "they"?  Thanks. 

I found it.  It is in an article from ICR, Back to Genesis,  article titled "Why the Gap Theory wont work," #107, dated Nov 1997.  If you find it, I am sure it will help.

Love, peace joy

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Thank you for that Seasoned. I also look at the original languages for help and clarification.

It is interesting how the translators decided on word choices.

I doubt if your study of a book or topic ever finishes.  Every time I review some of my notes, I see areas that need improvement.  I don't know what resources you have for understanding Hebrew words, but one titled "Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament," is superior to any I have seen.

It is 2 volumes written by about 60 Hebrew scholars and in linked to The NASB Strong's Concordance.  It does not give just a short, dictionary type definition, but and explanation, sometime using 2-3 pages.  I know there is a good chance you already have this resource, but maybe there are some out there who would like to consider using this resource.

love, peace joy

7 hours ago, nzkev said:

There was no Light and No life in creation until God spoke On the first day of Creation!

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

God  is eternal; His Shekinah glory is eternal. The universe has never been without light.  That is one reason I consider the light in Gen 1:1 to refer to the light of the gospel revealing the glory of God(2 Cor 4:4).  Light is the most used metaphor used in the Bible, and when  linked with some other "light' verses, it reinforces our eternal security, but that's another story, for another time.

Love, peace, joy

9 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

I doubt if your study of a book or topic ever finishes.  Every time I review some of my notes, I see areas that need improvement.  I don't know what resources you have for understanding Hebrew words, but one titled "Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament," is superior to any I have seen.

It is 2 volumes written by about 60 Hebrew scholars and in linked to The NASB Strong's Concordance.  It does not give just a short, dictionary type definition, but and explanation, sometime using 2-3 pages.  I know there is a good chance you already have this resource, but maybe there are some out there who would like to consider using this resource.

love, peace joy

Nope--I don't have that one. I just looked it up and it is available for my Accordance software.

I will consider it--even though I have several others.

Thanks for the tip.

14 hours ago, Alive said:

I agree, Dennis. I have had a huge library of books, but moving here and there made it difficult to keep them.

At this point, it doesn't matter much but for this forum.

The Word is alive. I do still profit some from looking at different texts and the accumulated understanding of the saints through the centuries, but it is not required. The scriptures and the Paraclete is sufficient.

One of my weaknesses has always been study--in that it can be at times unmoderated.

This was the reason the Lord took me through that exercise some years ago when he had me spend a bunch of time thinking about what I believed and just how I came to believe it.

The result was a relatively few important things that He had taught.

I have been and remain, in the natural, far too proud for my own good.

Praise the Lord! He is not finished....the Author and Finisher.  Yes--we have read the last chapter.

Not only the finisher, but also the Perfecter forever, Phil 1:6, Heb 10:10. & 14

Love, peace, joy

2 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

Not only the finisher, but also the Perfecter forever, Phil 1:6, Heb 10:10. & 14

Love, peace, joy

Yup--you betcha.

5051. τελειωτής teleiōtēs; from 5048; a completer, i.e. consummater: — finisher.

Heb. 12:2 1fixing our eyes on Jesus, the 2aauthor and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him bendured the cross, cdespising the shame, and has dsat down at the right hand of the throne of God.