• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I imagine the same was said about Christ in the Temple with the moneychangers

Do you really think that those who are rude in attitude with their passion in here are comparable to the Messiah and the money changers?  Hmm.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

Again, that is not what I said. But I knew that is the conclusion you would jump to.

Hmm, if you thought what you would say would lead me to an incorrect conclusion, why didn't you go the extra mile to ensure that wouldn't happen?  Is there  perhaps you are trying to prove, I wonder.

Anyway, this comment above along with...

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Perhaps you struggle with nuance and examples. Is English your first language? I ask in love, as sometimes people can sound harsh and angry due to misunderstanding of the subtleties of a language being used.

...is not 'my cup of tea'.  It's not the kind of conversation I'm after really. So let's end the conversation here so that you can employ the excellencies of subtlety with someone smarter than me, because I am rather simple!

Love & Shalom

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I wasn't sure if I misunderstood your rather black and white way of communicating. I am sorry it backfired. I am not sure how to effectively express myself to you. But no offense is ever intended by me. 

Ah, okay.  No problem, no offense taken. :) 

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Do you really think that those who are rude in attitude with their passion in here are comparable to the Messiah and the money changers?  Hmm.

The Galations perverted the Gospel  Of Grace. Paul called them out and said they were fools.Legalists that come in here and cause Believers to “ fall from Grace” and have them  “ severed from the Cross Of Christ” without these poorly taught individuals even knowing  the precarious shape they are putting themselves in should expect no less.The Legalists  in here actually get by pretty easier compared to what Paul would have told them. I have never called them Fools. Jesus called some people “ Vipers”. What a “ rude attitude !”

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NEW COVENANT 

DEUTERONOMY 18:17 and THE LORD said unto me they have well spoken that which they have spoken --18:18-- I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren like unto thee and will put ---MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH--- and HE shall speak unto them all that I shall command HIM --18:19-- and it shall come to pass that whosoever will not hearken unto MY WORDS which HE shall speak in MY NAME I will require it of him --18:20--but the prophet which shall presume to speak a word in MY NAME which I have not commanded him to speak or that shall speak in the name of other gods even that prophet shall die 

ACTS 3:22 for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall THE LORD YOUR GOD raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me HIM shall you hear in all things whatsoever ---HE SHALL SAY UNTO YOU--- 3:23-- and it shall come to pass ---THAT EVERY SOUL---which will not hear that prophet ---SHALL BE DESTROYED FROM AMONG THE PEOPLE 

PROVERBS 8:7 ---FOR MY MOUTH SHALL SPEAK TRUTH--- and wickedness is an abomination to MY lips --8:8-- all the words of ---MY MOUTH ARE IN RIGHTEOUSNESS--- there is nothing froward or perverse in them 

PROVERBS 8:20 ---I LEAD IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS--- in the midst of the paths of judgement

PROVERBS 8:30 then I was by HIM as one brought up with HIM and I was daily HIS delight rejoicing always before HIM --8:31--rejoicing in the habitable part of this earth and MY delights were with the sons of men 

*******PROVERBS 8:32 now therefore ---HEARKEN UNTO ME---o you children for blessed are they ---THAT KEEP MY WAYS--- 8:33-- hear instruction and be wise and refuse it not --8:34--blessed is the man that heareth watching daily at MY gates waiting at the posts of MY doors *******

*******PROVERBS 8:35 for whoso findeth ME findeth life and shall obtain favor of THE LORD --8:36--but he that sinneth against ME wrongeth his own soul all they that hate me love death *******

COLOSSIANS 1:13 who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into ---THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON---

COLOSSIANS 1:16 for by HIM were all things created that are in heaven and that are in earth visible and invisible whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers ---ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM AND FOR HIM---1:17--and HE is before all things and by HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST

PROVERBS 8:14 counsel is mine and sound wisdom ---I AM UNDERSTANDING--- I have strength 

PROVERBS 21:16 the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead 

2 TIMOTHY 2:7 consider what I say and THE LORD give thee understanding in all things 

*******PROVERBS 18:21 death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

10 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

Hi there!

"Matthew 5:19 was true for that time as Jesus had not been crucified. "

OOPS!  ALL Jesus' pre-crucifixion teachings apply to ALL disciples of ALL nations (given Mt. 28:19-20).

That's why Mt. 5:19 applies to you.

"Mark 11:17 speaks about prayer, not a sacrifice."

Mk. 11:17 quotes Is. 56:7 which (IN CONTEXT!) confirms that Jesus expects associated SACRIFICES!

Let's be careful to understand the CONTEXT of the passages our Messiah cites.

"You are reading into scripture what is not there. "

Actually, I simply noted that Is. 56:7 (quoted and DESIRED by Jesus!) requires sacrifices.

"When did Jesus become the refiners fire while ministering?  That is when He returns for the second time."

Right!  Mal. 3:4 is YET FUTURE....thus the restoration (by Jesus) of Levitical/ceremonial/sacrificial Torah activities are YET FUTURE.

You're right!

"Again, this is futuristic and to the Jewish nation only."

There is no "Jewish nation"....

Rather, there is ALL ISRAEL.

And YOU are not excluded from Israel (Eph.2:12).

Believing Gentiles ARE the Israelites of Hos. 1 (citing Hos. 1 at Rom.9:24-26).

Christians partake in the New Covenant with ISRAEL (Jer.31:31;Heb.8:8), thus proving that all Christians are ISRAELITES.

CONCLUSION:  The future of ISRAEL is YOUR future!  It's MY future!  It's OUR future!  And a GREAT future indeed....

"Let's not read into scripture what is not there, nor twist scripture by taking it out of context only to try and apply it for today."

Good point!  That's why Mal.3:4 (and the associated Levitical animal sacrificial activity) is surely yet FUTURE.

And that's why we do NOT ignore the context of Is. 56:7 (quoted at Mk.11:17) which proves Jesus desires SACRIFICES for people of all nations.

blessings...

The only sacrifice we need to do today is found in Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The “ Spiritual Rat” is a Doctrine......not a person....I would not  not call anybody in here by that name....

I see...thanks for clarifying!

Jesus, though, did not hesitate to call people names....because (among other things) they did NOT obey all Torah as they should (Mt.23:23).

Anyway, do you really think Mt. 23:23 is a "Spiritual Rat Doctrine"?

I actually choose to do something CRAZY!  I choose to BELIEVE JESUS' WORDS!

So, I choose to BELIEVE Mt. 5:19.

Do you?

blessings...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

The only sacrifice we need to do today is found in Romans 12:1-2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

OOPS!  Rom. 12:1-2 does not say "THE ONLY"....you just made that up!

Paul condoned sacrifices (Ac.21); IMITATE Paul (1Cor.11:1;Php.4:9).

THOUSANDS of 1st-century Christians condoned ALL sacrifices (Ac. 21:20).

Some Christians were even animal-sacrificing priests! (Ac.6:7).

Jesus requires sacrifices for people of all nations (Mt. 11:17 citing Is.56:7)...STOP opposing what Jesus requires....thanks!

Jesus comes to RESTORE the sacrifices (Mal.3:4)....let's not oppose what Jesus comes to RESTORE.

Sacrifices are an ONGOING shadow (the shadow in used in PRESENT TENSE, not PAST TENSE, Col. 2:17;Heb.10:1).

Sacrifices WILL RETURN (Dt. 30:1-8;Eze.40-47;Jer.33;Is.66;Zec.14).

Now of course, while in this present diaspora, we are generally unable to obey Levitical/ceremonial/sacrificial Torah portions.....

But this will change when we again return to inherit the land promised to us (Mt.5:5;Eph.3:6;Gal.3:29) in 100% obedience to ALL Torah (Dt.30:1-8).

Exciting things in our future, for sure!

blessings...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, BibleGuy said:

OOPS!  Rom. 12:1-2 does not say "THE ONLY"....you just made that up!

Paul condoned sacrifices (Ac.21); IMITATE Paul (1Cor.11:1;Php.4:9).

THOUSANDS of 1st-century Christians condoned ALL sacrifices (Ac. 21:20).

Some Christians were even animal-sacrificing priests! (Ac.6:7).

Jesus requires sacrifices for people of all nations (Mt. 11:17 citing Is.56:7)...STOP opposing what Jesus requires....thanks!

Jesus comes to RESTORE the sacrifices (Mal.3:4)....let's not oppose what Jesus comes to RESTORE.

Sacrifices are an ONGOING shadow (the shadow in used in PRESENT TENSE, not PAST TENSE, Col. 2:17;Heb.10:1).

Sacrifices WILL RETURN (Dt. 30:1-8;Eze.40-47;Jer.33;Is.66;Zec.14).

Now of course, while in this present diaspora, we are generally unable to obey Levitical/ceremonial/sacrificial Torah portions.....

But this will change when we again return to inherit the land promised to us (Mt.5:5;Eph.3:6;Gal.3:29) in 100% obedience to ALL Torah (Dt.30:1-8).

Exciting things in our future, for sure!

blessings...

OPPS!  You continue to promote the law, but then tell us we are unable to obey the law (which I agree with) so you are condemning us by the law.  Either you live by the law or by grace, there is no dual commitment here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

7 minutes ago, BibleGuy said:

I see...thanks for clarifying!

Jesus, though, did not hesitate to call people names....because (among other things) they did NOT obey all Torah as they should (Mt.23:23).

Anyway, do you really think Mt. 23:23 is a "Spiritual Rat Doctrine"?

I actually choose to do something CRAZY!  I choose to BELIEVE JESUS' WORDS!

So, I choose to BELIEVE Mt. 5:19.

Do you?

blessings...

"I actually choose to do something CRAZY!  I choose to BELIEVE JESUS' WORDS!" "Oh how wonderful am I"? Your lack of humility is stunning. 

You know passion alone, knowledge alone, being right alone, and doing them all diligently and even perfectly, having a mastery over the Scriptures---none of those things will bring you or those you believe you want to convince any closer to the kingdom of God. Your grandiose approaches---which they are---do nothing to draw a single person to Christ. You are unrelatable. You will fight and argue and demand your point is right. To what avail? It is empty without genuine love for those you speak to. You craft your words without affection or concern---only to declare another piece of Scripture and how correct you are! I will leave you with this one verse, and after this, I will leave you and your responses to others to fight with. This is a never-ending butchery and division of Christian love. Like little birds picking and pecking at one another, you continue to fuel the fire. Instead of drawing people to Christ, you are pushing people away. Your kind words hide behind friendliness---without friendship. 

1 Corinthians 13:2 (NIV)
2  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

• Well Said! 1