• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Behold said:

"The Preaching of the Cross"  is the only "Gospel".

There are other messages, but they are not the Gospel, so you might want to correct  your post.

From this "Gospel", comes the Grace Doctrine, which explains what the end results are, based on someone hearing this Gospel and believing, and being born again.

To find all this info out, we study all of Paul's epistles.

Yes, you are correct....in Paul's epistles we find our gospel, the only gospel for us, by which we are saved today. We find doctrine for the work of the church today as well.

But there are other gospels, the gospels are progressive and distinct in their dispensations. To mix them all up as one will bring error. For example some think baptism is part of the gospel based on Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts. Doctrine will also be confused. For example some think they need to bring in the kingdom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, douge said:

Yes, you are correct....in Paul's epistles we find our gospel, the only gospel for us, by which we are saved today. We find doctrine for the work of the church today as well.

But there are other gospels, the gospels are progressive and distinct in their dispensations. To mix them all up as one will bring error. For example some think baptism is part of the gospel based on Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts. Doctrine will also be confused. For example some think they need to bring in the kingdom.

I have spent time with a large group from all over the world who believe they are to 'bring in the kingdom' and they built a big 'ol doctrine around it.

There are all kinds out there. Some wonderful loving believers that got sucked in by heretical and delusional teachers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Behold said:

Are you asleep?

You say that noone is teaching "law+Cross" = salvation.

You are kidding us, right?

Here is your update... Go and read my last 30 posts to BIBLEGUY, who is here ONLY treaching, that Law (Torah), + Grace, is salvation.

Try to pay attention.

Thx.

I've chased down wild geese before.   So far,  no results.  So you will have to QUOTE someone if you think they actually did say that obeying the TORAH is the path, the way, to salvation.  Again, so far,  no results.  No quotes.  No one has quoted anyone saying keeping the TORAH/ The Law/ is the WAY to be saved.  None yet.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

17 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

He’s got an answer for everything , doesn’t he? I don’t understand how he can be in so wrong  about EVERYTHING.......A broken clock is at least correct twice a day ! As we say here in Southern Ohio— Even a “ Blind” Hog finds an acorn!

Please don’t take this too personal, but  you really give me the “ creeps”. And this is coming from a guy that has the Holy Spirit living in him...I don’t think that bodes well for you....I am the True “ Chief Of Sinners”, yet I am Saved because I Rest in the Gospel Of Grace.You Add to it in your ignorance . In reality , you have been given so much Biblical Truth , you don’t  really have any excuses.You are not really “ ignorant” .You are “ stuff- necked.”

I pray countless prayers for the people here at Worthy .....why is it that I feel no compunction to pray for “ you?” I hope God allows you to “ come to your senses” and repent of your Haughty Self- Righteousness That rejects the very Grace That could save you . Meanwhile , I believe it’s past time to “ shake the dust off my feet” and get away from you and your ilk.If you want to respond for the record , please do so.Please keep in mind that I will never read it.....I pray that Lurkers, Newbies, etc. dismiss your UnBiblical Hogwash !  “Bible Guy?” You call yourself? You wouldn’t understand the True Bible if it came up and bit you on the........butt.Farewell , and remember you heard it here — NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD! 

" He’s got an answer for everything , doesn’t he? "

Maybe that's a clue his position is BIBLICAL, eh?

"I don’t understand how he can be in so wrong  about EVERYTHING"

What's your evidence that I'm wrong?

"A broken clock is at least correct twice a day !"

And a perfect clock is always right!

" As we say here in Southern Ohio— Even a “ Blind” Hog finds an acorn!"

Impressive logic.....disregard the hundreds of Biblical reasons I've set forth....and then talk about hogs and acorns......impressive.

"Please don’t take this too personal"

No worries!  We already have a mutual understanding here....

1. You don't want to engage my position, but just want to use it as a "springboard" to share your opinions....as you've already stated.

2. I don't really expect you to answer the Biblical evidence I've set forth, because that's not your concern....

So no worries!

Carry on!

"you really give me the “ creeps”"

Hmmm......sometimes people have the "creeps" because they are being convicted.....

"And this is coming from a guy that has the Holy Spirit living in him"

You mean the Spirit who testifies we should obey Torah? (Heb.10:15-16)

The Spirit who leads us to obey all Torah ordinances? (Eze.36:27)

The Spirit who opposes Torah-disobedience? (Rom.8:13 + Rom.8:7)

The Spirit who is the substance of Jesus' words (Jn.6:63) which include ALL TORAH (Mt.5:19)?

The Spirit who is given to those who obey God (5:32) Who requires Torah (Dt.1:3;5:27-33)?

The Spirit (Ps.51:11) who leads us to properly obey animal-sacrifice requirements (Ps. 51:19)?

The Spirit of Torah-wisdom (Dt.4:6) upheld by Jesus (Is.11:2)?

The Spirit of the fear of the Lord (Is.11:2) which upholds Torah-obedience (Dt.17:19;28:58;31:12).

I LOVE the Holy Spirit who leads us to obey Torah!

Do you?

"I don’t think that bodes well for you"

I don't think it bodes well for those who oppose Torah...

It's bad (Mt.5:19)

or worse (Mt.5:20)

or worse (Mt.7:21-23)

or worse (Mt.13:41-42)

More good reasons to obey Torah now!

"I am the True “ Chief Of Sinners”"

So was Paul (1Ti.1:15)...and Paul condoned a vow to prove he walks "orderly according to the law" (Ac.21), and Paul requires that YOU imitate that Torah-obedient model (1Cor.11:1;Php.4:9)....so OBEY!

" yet I am Saved because I Rest in the Gospel Of Grace."

You are saved by that Gospel IF YOU HOLD FAST TO THE WORD PAUL PREACHES (1Cor.15:1-4) which is FAITHFUL TORAH-OBEDIENCE (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

And GRACE is given to the HUMBLE (Jas.4:6;Pr.3:34;1Pe.5:5); HUMBLE people obey TORAH (Nu.12:3;Ps.25:9;Zep.2:3;Ex.33:13).  So BE HUMBLE (1Pe.5:6) requires OBEYING TORAH.  So OBEY!

"Meanwhile , I believe it’s past time to “ shake the dust off my feet”"

SHAKE THE DUST is what the apostles do against people who REJECT the Apostles' words....and the apostles included TORAH-TEACHERS (MT.23:34).

So the TORAH-TEACHERS shake the dust off their feet to signify REJECTION of people who oppose Torah.....

"and get away from you and your ilk"

Well, Paul DOES require banishment of people who oppose Paul's Torah-obedient (2Ti.3:16;1Cor.7:19) traditions (2Th.3:14).

Perhaps you need some time to reflect upon your viewpoint...

"Please keep in mind that I will never read it....."

Yes we know....you choose to not consider the Biblical evidence I've patiently set before you...

"I pray that Lurkers, Newbies, etc. dismiss your UnBiblical Hogwash !"

I pray that ALL people obey Jesus who requires all Torah (Mt.5:19).

I pray that ALL people obey Paul who requires all Torah (2Ti.3:16).

I pray that ALL people obey John who requires all Torah (1Jn.5:3).

I pray that ALL people obey Stephen who requires all Torah (Ac.6:10-15).

I pray that ALL people obey the Apostles who include Torah-teachers (Mt.23:34).

I pray that ALL people follow the Spirit who testifies we obey Torah (Heb.10:15-16), even all Torah ordinances (Eze.36:27) "from now and forever" (citing Is.59:20-21 at Rom.11:26-27).

I pray that ALL people follow the FATHER who commands Torah (Dt.1:3;5:27-33) for us, His people (Mal.4:4); NONE of us is excluded from Israel (Eph.2:12).

I pray that ALL people uphold the TORAH of the New Covenant (Jer.31:33) which Jesus inaugurated in His very blood for you (Lk.22:20).

I pray that ALL people know that Psalms are PRAYERS (Ps.72:20) which require TORAH (e.g., Ps. 1;19;119;etc.), and Paul requires Psalms (Eph.5:19;Col.3:16).

So offer TORAH-OBEDIENT prayers....

or else your "prayer" is an abomination (Pr.28:9).

"In reality , you have been given so much Biblical Truth , you don’t  really have any excuses."

TORAH is truth (Ps.119:142).  I REJOICE in Torah-Truth! (1Cor.13:6).

"You are “ stiff- necked.”"

STIFF NECKS OPPOSE TORAH (Dt.31:26-27)....

"Farewell , and remember you heard it here — NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD! "

True!  ONLY the blood takes our sins away (1Jn.1:7)

Glad we agree on that one.

"You wouldn’t understand the True Bible if it came up and bit you on the........butt."

I love you anyway, dear brother!

Peace to you and your family this holiday season...

blessings...

18 hours ago, KJVOnly said:

Did Paul attempt to kill the man or turn him over to the judgement of the wrath of the Law(judgement of God)?

Paul turned him over to the law's judgment because TORAH IS STILL IN FORCE!

17 hours ago, Willa said:

1Co 5:5 NKJV  deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

When God lets Satan have his way, He is said to “deliver the sinner unto Satan” (compare Psa 109:6). Here it is not finally; but for the affliction of the body with disease, and even death (1Co 11:30, 1Co 11:32), so as to destroy fleshly lust. He does not say, “for the destruction of the body,” for it shall share in redemption (Rom 8:23); but of the corrupt “flesh” which “cannot inherit the kingdom of God,” and the lusts of which had prompted this offender to incest (Rom 7:5; Rom 8:9, Rom 8:10). The “destruction of the flesh” answers to “mortify the deeds of the body” (Rom 8:13), only that the latter is done by one’s self, the former is effected by chastisement from God (compare 1Pe 4:6):

the spirit ... saved — the spiritual part of man, in the believer the organ of the Holy Spirit. Temporary affliction often leads to permanent salvation (Psa 83:16).  Jamison, Faucet & Brown.

And Rom.8:13 proves the SPIRIT opposes the FLESH.

And Rom.8:7 proves the FLESH disobeys TORAH.

THUS!

The Spirit opposes Torah-disobedience....

CONCLUSION: The Spirit leads us to OBEY Torah!

Same thing in Heb.10:15-16 and Eze.36:27 and Rom.7:6 + Rom.7:25

So let's OBEY Torah in the Spirit!

Or DISOBEY and OPPOSE the Spirit.....

blessings...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

7 minutes ago, BibleGuy said:

Paul turned him over to the law's judgment because TORAH IS STILL IN FORCE!

Of course it is still enforced by God. The Law never ended. It judges folks. It has curses attached to it too. 

Paul sent the ol boy back to the Law that he was once delivered from. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

15 minutes ago, BibleGuy said:

And Rom.8:13 proves the SPIRIT opposes the FLESH.

And Rom.8:7 proves the FLESH disobeys TORAH.

THUS!

The Spirit opposes Torah-disobedience....

CONCLUSION: The Spirit leads us to OBEY Torah!

Same thing in Heb.10:15-16 and Eze.36:27 and Rom.7:6 + Rom.7:25

So let's OBEY Torah in the Spirit!

Or DISOBEY and OPPOSE the Spirit.....

blessings...

Burn homosexuals in Spirit and not in flesh?

Stone adulterers in Spirit not flesh?

Pay tithes in Spirit not flesh?

Pluck our eyes out and amputate troubling members of our bodies in Spirit not in flesh?.....

Edited by KJVOnly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Scripture says that those who preach a different gospel from what is preached by the Apostles will be condemned. The word of God needs to be read literally. When we make ourselves final authorities of which parts of the Bible should be interpreted literally, we elevate ourselves above God. 

6 hours ago, Behold said:

Grace is not given to the "Humble'.   Grace is given to any and all who will "Believe".   = "all that call on the name of the Lord Shall be SAVED."

You are teaching ...  Jesus + Law (Torah) = Salvation.

This is a lie.   and moreso, its cursed of God Theology, according to Paul,  ... Galatians 1:8.

Christ came to deliver us from the "curse of the Torah" (Law)", and you are teaching that believers are to go back under the "Torah", (Law)

This is Galatians 1:8

Be glad im not a mod, as i'd never let you continue to teach this lie.

"Grace is not given to the "Humble'"

OOPS!  Now go back and actually READ these verses:  Jas.4:6.  1Pe.5:5.  Pr.3:34.

"You are teaching ...  Jesus + Law (Torah) = Salvation."

Jesus SAVES (Mt.1:21).

Jesus requires TORAH (Mt.5:19).

Paul's word of faith is the Gospel that SAVES (1Cor.15:1-4).

That's a TORAH-OBEDIENT word of faith (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

I'm just saying what the Bible says.

"This is a lie. "

Jesus is truth (Jn.14:6).

Torah is truth (Ps.119:142).

"its cursed of God Theology"

You got that one backwards....sorry!

The CURSE comes against those who DISOBEY (Dt.30:19)....not against those who OBEY!

Jesus expects you to LIVE (Mt.4:4) because you OBEY (citing Dt.8:3 referencing TORAH).

"according to Paul"

The PAUL who requires all Torah? (2Ti.3:16)

The PAUL who requires all Torah? (1Cor.7:19)

The PAUL who condones a vow to prove he "walks orderly according to Torah" (Ac.21)?  and Paul requires that you IMITATE that Torah-obedient model (1Cor.11:1;Php.4:9).

The PAUL who says we who do the law will be justified? (Rom.2:13)

The PAUL who affirms the legitimacy of Torah-obedient GENTILES (Rom.2:27)?

The PAUL who affirms the New Covenant (1Cor.11) which is given as TORAH (Jer.31:33)?

The PAUL who says you are NOT excluded from Israel (Eph.2:12)?  Israelites obey TORAH (Mal.4:4;Jer.31:31-33;Heb.8:8-10).

The PAUL who says you are NOT excluded from the COVENANTS (plural!), which include TORAH (e.g., Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10;10:16).

The PAUL who requires we live by FAITH (Gal.3:11) which is of TORAH (Mt.23:23;Dt.32:20;Ps.119:30,86,138)?

The PAUL who continues to serve Torah? (Rom.7:25)

The PAUL who opposes the flesh (Rom.8:13) which disobeys Torah (Rom.8:7)?

The PAUL who requires love (Gal.5:22-23) which requires TORAH (1Jn.5:3;Jn.14:15 + Mt.5:19;Dt.6:5,25)?

I know that Paul!

"Galatians 1:8."

This REALLY bothers you....so let's talk about it in more detail.

Galatians 1:8 ===> "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!"

1. This is written by PAUL who requires TORAH (see above).

2. This requires that we believe the TRUE Gospel preached by PAUL (1Cor.15:1-4) by which we are saved IF WE HOLD FAST TO THE WORD PAUL PREACHES (1Cor.15:1-4) which is the word of TORAH-OBEDIENT FAITH (citing Dt. 30:14 at Rom.10:8).

3. This refers to the CURSE which comes against those who DISOBEY Torah (Dt.30:19).

So, Gal. 1:8 UPHOLDS the Torah-obedient Gospel of faith in Christ preached by Paul....because Gal.1:8 OPPOSES any false gospel.

"Be glad im not a mod, as i'd never let you continue to teach this lie."

Torah is TRUTH (Ps.119:142).

Jesus is TRUTH (Jn.14:6).

And SURPRISE!  Jesus requires Torah (Mt.4:4;5:19-20;7:21-23;13:41-42;22:37;23:2-3,23,34;Lk.10:25-28).

Of COURSE!

TRUTH upholds TRUTH!

And why do you wish for censorship?

Why not ANSWER the Biblical objections I've raised with good reasons?

Merely re-stating your opinions over and over and over (without ANSWERING my detailed Biblical objections) will get us nowhere...

Try ADDRESSING the Biblical objections I've raised.

Then we can examine all the evidence, pro and con, and see which position is best supported by the evidence.

That's what truth-seekers do....

We don't blindly uphold the theology we've inherited....

Rather, we test ALL THINGS...and we hold on to the good.

Torah is good (Rom.7:12).

I'll hold on to that!

Merely wishing for censorship is a violation of free speech, and it's contrary to the spirit of freedom upheld by America's constitution....

Peter tells you to ANSWER me (1Pe.3:15)....

Not CENSOR me....

Let's keep it civil and focus on the Biblical evidence....

blessings...

Edited by BibleGuy
clarification