• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

15 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

the only part I wonder about is your saying, "It was then my own fault that God had to turn away from me for about 6 months. I tell you the truth, I have never felt so alone like I did then." .. did God turn away from you for about 6 months or did you turn away from God for about 6 months? 

Hi Margo,   I turned away first. The issue was that at the time this happened I should have known better than to doubt God, but I behaved like I was not more than a baby in the Lord, but I was. Meanwhile, I too had often wondered what exactly Hell is. I learned that it doesn't matter. If we are doing our best to walk with God during this life we will never see Hell. So back around 10yrs ago I realized I better forget about everything important to the world and I better focus on what is important to God. And this is what I am currently doing.

Thank you for the compliments. I give God the glory for any help I provided because without Him I can do nothing.

Wow, I can't believe how long this thread got in 24 hrs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I can't recall knowing a single individual that became born again that did so out of a fear of hell.

I don't recall ever teaching or preaching over these long years hellfire that ended in ones being born again.

Not once. The gospel proclaimed and the Holy Spirit energizing the word and the Father drawing them to Him.

Others may have a different experience. I was truly curious to hear others' reports on this and why I asked the question.

Whenever 'witnessing' to folks in the course of day to day living, I can't recall a single instance, either.

Honestly--it seems the Lord never moved me to speak that way.

Odd? Perhaps.

• Group:  Royal Member

8 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

no need to answer the other as the answer for the murder question is wrong .

Margo,   I see you are new here so maybe I can prevent you from getting upset and having many useless debates. I agree with you, we have a responsibility to God and each other to always repent of sins and to live as righteously as is possible. (and this will vary from 1 person to another) As far as I'm concerned the Bible makes this abundantly clear therefore it's not open for debate. However, we also have a minority of members here who believe the opposite of what I just said. Like most minority groups, this one also makes so much noise that a newcomer would think they're a majority, but they are not. I see you found one of these guys yesterday. My advice is don't bother arguing with them because you won't change their minds. I no longer even answer them, because I know better. Maybe someday God will show them they are wrong, until then they will upset you if you allow them to.

God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  11

33 minutes ago, JTC said:

So back around 10yrs ago I realized I better forget about everything important to the world and I better focus on what is important to God. And this is what I am currently doing.

I'm with you, @JTC !

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,296
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Flowersun said:

My point was...only God knows who will go to heaven...or hell...."personally"

In light of what God says here... each individual should as well

1 John 4:13-17

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
KJV

Rom 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

Yes and also.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

1John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member

5 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I know they are wrong and if they don't wake up and get with God's program instead of their easy way to live as you wish but still be saved no matter what "get out of jail free" card, some of them are going to find out the hard way and pay eternally for it .

Well okay Margo I just thought I'd warn you.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

@JTC, I know very well that I am in the minority here and I know very well I that I should ignore them but I am the eternal optimist .. I know they are wrong and if they don't wake up and get with God's programme instead of their easy way to live as you wish but still be saved no matter what "get out of jail free" card, some of them are going to find out the hard way and pay eternally for it .. they are all so quick to condemn Satan and his fallen angel demons and unbelievers but they give themselves the false freedom to think that God will let them be scot free no matter what unrepentant sinfulness they engage in .. that makes God really just doesn't it .. and why did Jesus suffer and die just so Heaven could be full of "unrepentant" sinners .. I find their thinking and reasoning and exploiting the Word of God totally unbelievable .. I have asked my murder question at other sites and have got the same response of "yes" .. where are these people's heads and "hearts" .. anyway, I know I should ignore them but I can't .. I can and shall ignore Blood Bought in future as he has mocked my beliefs and that I shall not tolerate .. I already warned him but to no avail .. anyway, I have said more now than I, probably, should have but to tell you the truth, I don't care .. lol .. OSAS is false doctrine and those hanging their eternal "security" on it better wake up before they become eternally "lost" and "dead" .. and I may be relatively new here but I have been to so very many so-called Christian sites over the years and most believe in OSAS and most sites are anything but Christian .. well, that is my rant for now .. lol .. I appreciate your advice, JTC, but I know me and at almost 75 y/o, I would have difficulty not continuing to try .. what I really have been doing even if it is not obvious, is to try to control my tendency to be like a "bull in a china shop" .. I really do try to ignore some and to try to get through to ones who may actually be "open" to what I have to say .. I pray daily that the Lord never lets me deceive or mislead anyone .. I truly believe what I am saying and I truly believe that those who are putting too much trust in OSAS need to wake up as God is compassionate, kind, and merciful but He is, also, just .. He will not stand by and have His only-begotten Son Whom He loves so much die to assure unrepentant sinners eternity in Heaven .. Jesus came to save sinners, not just give them a free pass to sin and not repent but still go to Heaven .. okay, enough .. lol 

Margo--I am sure that you are sincere and that you believe what you say.

What exactly are you saying? That born again Christians shouldn't sin?

Are you saying that BACs should confess their sins? That BACs should 'turn around' when they do?

If this is the case, I think you are mistaken in thinking that anyone here has disagreed.

What exactly, in precise terms, are you teaching?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

38 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I know they are wrong and if they don't wake up and get with God's programme

Friend, ...this isn't meant as an attack, ...so please don't turn it into one...

Have you ever considered, ...since you are in the "minority," ...maybe you are the one that is wrong and needs to "get with" God's program?

Here is an example of where you are wrong...

43 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

but they give themselves the false freedom to think that God will let them be scot free no matter what unrepentant sinfulness they engage in

There is not one blood bought born again child of God, here at Worthy, that believes in what you call "OSAS," ...that believes this way, ...teaches this heresy, ...and lives their lives this way.

What you are doing, and I say this in the love of Christ in the hope that you might "see" what you are actually saying is;

Jesus Christ's death on the Cross, 2,000 years ago, is not enough to "secure" our Salvation, ...Margo, you say we must "add" our works of "repentance" to His "work" on the Cross to be "saved," ...when the Holy Spirit clearly states:

For by Grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.   Eph 2:8-9

We, who you say are wrong, in our thinking and Theology believe in the "Faith" given to us to "even" believe, ...we are "Saved" by Grace, Grace is a gift and we all know we don't have to "work" for a gift, ...Grace is receiving something we don't deserve, ...you, me, all of us do not deserve to be "Saved," but God in His unfathomable Love for us chose us, plucked us out of this "cesspool" of humanity, washed us, cleansed us in the Blood of His Son and "DECLARED" us Righteous, Holy and Blameless, ...and..., He did that BEFORE He created this planet we live on, ...let me repeat that.

He did that BEFORE He created this planet we live on, ...here, read it for yourself, ...I didn't say that, ...God did:

...according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,  to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He has made us accepted in the One (Jesus) having been loved.  Eph 1:4-6  ESV

God said HE chose us, HE declared us Holy and Blameless, HE has adopted us as His children, and His choice was made in Love in/from His Will, ...God, Father, ...He said we are "accepted" in His beloved Son Jesus Christ, ...all of that ages and ages, eons and eons, "...before" He created this planet!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, ...think about that, conscientiously mediate on this, ...write on a piece of paper a short sentence of what you believe, you always have what you have written to fall back on,  ...and then ask God to clear your mind and ask Him if it's His TRUTH...

Dear Margo, ...you are not arguing against us here at Worthy, ...you are arguing against what God has said...

Lord bless

53 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

@Alive, I have said over and over and over again what I truly believe .. in a nutshell, it is: there will be NO UNREPENTANT SINNERS in Heaven .. NONE .. only repentant ones .. and such includes once saved always saved persons .. Heaven is only for the righteous sheep, not any unrighteous goats

Margo---Do you understand what Grace is?

Do you understand how it is and by what mechanism that you have been born from above? How did you get 'into Christ'.

I want to have a reasonable discussion with you.

Do you understand that 'you died' In Him' and that what was killed was the old sinful nature? Could you have accomplished this through any effort of your own? Do you know that you are no longer a member of the first Adam's race of men? Do you understand that you are now, a member of an entirely New race of men? The Second Adam?

Recall with me the law of 'kind' that we learned from Genesis. Everything reproducing according to its 'kind'.

Right?

Can we agree on this so far?

• Well Said! 1