Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

For the last 6 months I've been a christen but after about 10 days of being faithful and sinless I get these strong feelings that hell is just insane and there couldn't possibly be one. That leads to losing my faith temporarily because then I can't trust what the bible says. How can I stay faithful the rest of my life?

Like how could a loving god brutally torture people just cos they had sex or didn't believe in him or they get drunk etc. It's not rational to care so much about those things let alone torture them for eternity. It's hard for me to accept this. If i can't accept hell then why believe anything in the bible you know?

A guy called Bill wiese apparently went to hell for 23 minutes and tries to bring the world to repentance after his experience. He has youtube videos and he said that the reason hell is justified is because who you wrong determines the severity of punishment. Like if I punch my (male) friend its wrong, if I punch my mother its much worse and if I punch the queen its FAR worse. Since god is infinitely greater than us in position then sins against him are worthy of eternal punishment. Like if you bashed the queen of England you would probably be put to death, and you can say but I only bashed her, normally you just get 3 months jail for that....well you would still get put to death.

While I can see what Bill is saying I still have a hard time accepting it. I could never put someone through that especially for 'little sins' that most good people do. Isn't the right thing to give little things little punishments? If someone heard about Jesus but didn't believe because of reasons that made sense to them shouldn't you be understanding as long as they weren't bad people? I thought these are universally the 'right thing'.

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

21 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

For the last 6 months I've been a christen but after about 10 days of being faithful and sinless I get these strong feelings that hell is just insane and there couldn't possibly be one. That leads to losing my faith temporarily because then I can't trust what the bible says. How can I stay faithful the rest of my life?

Like how could a loving god brutally torture people just cos they had sex or didn't believe in him or they get drunk etc. It's not rational to care so much about those things let alone torture them for eternity. It's hard for me to accept this. If i can't accept hell then why believe anything in the bible you know?

A guy called Bill wiese apparently went to hell for 23 minutes and tries to bring the world to repentance after his experience. He has youtube videos and he said that the reason hell is justified is because who you wrong determines the severity of punishment. Like if I punch my (male) friend its wrong, if I punch my mother its much worse and if I punch the queen its FAR worse. Since god is infinitely greater than us in position then sins against him are worthy of eternal punishment. Like if you bashed the queen of England you would probably be put to death, and you can say but I only bashed her, normally you just get 3 months jail for that....well you would still get put to death.

While I can see what Bill is saying I still have a hard time accepting it. I could never put someone through that especially for 'little sins' that most good people do. Isn't the right thing to give little things little punishments? If someone heard about Jesus but didn't believe because of reasons that made sense to them shouldn't you be understanding as long as they weren't bad people? I thought these are universally the 'right thing'.

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

Just so you know, there are LOTS of pastors and theologians who do not believe in Hell. You are not required to believe in Hell to be a Christian. And if you were, then God would reveal that truth to you because you are now His child. 

• Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Just so you know, there are LOTS of pastors and theologians who do not believe in Hell. You are not required to believe in Hell to be a Christian. And if you were, then God would reveal that truth to you because you are now His child. 

Yeah I know but if hells not real and Jesus talked about it a lot then how can you believe the bible?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Its real .    But I don't fear it .   JESUS HAS ME .    

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Nobody goes to Hell for “ getting drunk” or “having sex”. Hitler is not in Hell this evening because he killed six million Jews.Everybody in Hell has two things in common.....

1. Jesus died to pay the price for their sins.

2 They died not believing the above fact.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

4 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

Yeah I know but if hells not real and Jesus talked about it a lot then how can you believe the bible?

He talked about it BEFORE His death and resurrection. There is a verse in Revelation where some believe it says Hell is destroyed in the Lake of Fire. So although Christ taught about Hell, some believe He overcame Hell and ultimately Hell will be destroyed along with the Devil. That means the devil will cease to exist along with Hell. I think it’s Revelation 20 that discusses this. You should study it out for yourself and pray about it.

Have a nice night?

P.S. it’s normal to have these  thoughts as a new Christian. I would concentrate on loving others and not worry about Hell. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I hate to rain on anybody’s Parade, but........your statement that you went “ 10 days without sinning” is so far from the Truth of Christianity  it makes me wonder if you “ got saved” or “ got religion”. Here is how to know.......have you been convicted by the Holy Spirit that you are a sinner that is hopeless and helpless without a Savior? Have you “ turned to” ( that is Repentance) that Savior by Believing the Gospel that He died for all those sins you committed  ( and despite your best efforts you will continue to commit ) and that He rose from the dead?Make sure you are Resting in the Gospel Of Jesus .That way, when there are debates in regard to the reality of Hell— it will be a moot point for you.My “ Spidey Senses” tell me that you have not met Jesus yet and you do not know Him at all..... I hope I am wrong and my sincerest apologies if I am. God bless you.

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I hate to rain on anybody’s Parade, but........your statement that you went “ 10 days without sinning” is so far from the Truth of Christianity  it makes me wonder if you “ got saved” or “ got religion”. Here is how to know.......have you been convicted by the Holy Spirit that you are a sinner that is hopeless and helpless without a Savior? Have you “ turned to” ( that is Repentance) that Savior by Believing the Gospel that He died for all those sins you committed  ( and despite your best efforts you will continue to commit ) and that He rose from the dead?Make sure you are Resting in the Gospel Of Jesus .That way, when there are debates in regard to the reality of Hell— it will be a moot point for you.My “ Spidey Senses” tell me that you have not met Jesus yet and you do not know Him at all..... I hope I am wrong and my sincerest apologies if I am. God bless you.

lol well I do know Jesus. I read the whole bible and am nearly done a second time and have been Christian for a while now. I know much about the faith. We are all different. It's just after 10 days I get strong feelings that hell can't be real and why believe anything in the bible then? So then I return to an unbelievers lifestyle for a day or two then come back cos I get strong feelings to come back. I know I shouldn't be like this. I thought the last time would be it. However last night I just got strong feelings that there's no hell and if there's no hell then I can't take the bible seriously. 

I want to be a perfect Christian but I'm struggling with this. But trust me I know ALOT about Christianity and I am sincere until I get those feelings....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

The reason people are going to hell is not because of their little sins.  When the Bible says that we have all sin, it's referring to our rebellion against God.

We all like sheep have gone astray. We have turn out back from God because we want to do our own things. Therefore God had laid the iniquity ( rebellion)  of us all  on him.

We have committed high treason against God.  We want to do our own will.  The five I will of Satan, that's what got him cast out of heaven.

Hell is real.  When I got saved. I had a revelation of Jesus saving me out of hell.  It's full of snakes and darkness. What manner of love would do such a thing for me and took my punishment so that I could be saved out of hell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Ineedhugs said:

lol well I do know Jesus. I read the whole bible and am nearly done a second time and have been Christian for a while now. I know much about the faith. We are all different. It's just after 10 days I get strong feelings that hell can't be real and why believe anything in the bible then? So then I return to an unbelievers lifestyle for a day or two then come back cos I get strong feelings to come back. I know I shouldn't be like this. I thought the last time would be it. However last night I just got strong feelings that there's no hell and if there's no hell then I can't take the bible seriously. 

I want to be a perfect Christian but I'm struggling with this. But trust me I know ALOT about Christianity and I am sincere until I get those feelings....

Ineedhugs, what do you consider sin?  what to you think you have to do to be perfect?   It's kind of hard to know how to respond without knowing these things...…    you shouldn't be concerned about hell at all if you have made Jesus your Lord.