Follower0fJesus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34

Just now, Godismyloveforever said:

?????????

Jesus is basically saying he will return within his generation. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Follower0fJesus said:

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

When did the apostles see Jesus raised up into the heavens into the hevenly kingdom?   not long after his reasurection..

"Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34

This generation is not talking about the generation that was with Jesus.. It was taking about the generation who would see the signs of His return Jesus was saying that the signs of his return and his return would be within a generation and that this generation would see all these signs happen..

Jesus is basically saying he will return within his generation. 

Well in a way Jesus did return in that generation.. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One with the Father .. So when the holy Spirit came down on the day of penticost the promise of Jesus was fulfilled..

Jesus told his diciples he would be with them always..

Matthew 28: KJV

18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. {19}Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: {20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

• Well Said! 1

29 minutes ago, Adstar said:

When did the apostles see Jesus raised up into the heavens into the hevenly kingdom?   not long after his reasurection..

The verse is referring to Jesus coming. You're referring to Jesus going. Read the verse prior to the one I quoted. It explains what's to happen when the "Son of Man comes in his Kingdom". He will come to judge with angels. That hasn't happened. 

31 minutes ago, Adstar said:

This generation is not talking about the generation that was with Jesus.. It was taking about the generation who would see the signs of His return Jesus was saying that the signs of his return and his return would be within a generation and that this generation would see all these signs happen..

Every verse Jesus used the word, "generation", he referred to "all of the people born and living at about the same time", therefore his own generation. 

35 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Well in a way Jesus did return in that generation.. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One with the Father .. So when the holy Spirit came down on the day of penticost the promise of Jesus was fulfilled..

Jesus told his diciples he would be with them always.

Whenever the Bible refers to "coming of Jesus", it's always referring to the second coming. The second coming hasn't happened. So trying to force an explanation that Jesus came already, because "the trinity", doesn't work.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

This verse seems to anticipate the second coming of Christ, and views the entire present Church age as a parenthesis no taken into consideration in this prophecy.

"Truly I tell you Matthew 16:28

Some have interpreted this to mean that the second coming would occur in His generation. But Jesus was speaking of the transfiguration of Matthew 17, which anticipated the glory of the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

Rather than referring to His own generation, or being in error, Jesus was pointing to a future generation that will see the specific signs of the great tribulation. In othe words, the same generation that will experience the great tribulation will also witness the second coming of Christ.

God does not lie. The Bible tells us that the rapture of the Church is coming and will take all those born again Christians to be with Christ in heaven. Seven years of tribulation will come upon this earth that is the wrath and judgment of this world. Then Christ will come back to this earth in the second coming. It will all happen in God's perfect timing not in our timing. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

46 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Rather than referring to His own generation, or being in error, Jesus was pointing to a future generation that will see the specific signs of the great tribulation. In othe words, the same generation that will experience the great tribulation will also witness the second coming of Christ.

You've hit the nail on the head. We can't look at Matthew 24:34 on its own. We have to look at what comes before and after it for context. The verses preceding it are clearly prophetic, and at times apocalyptic in a way that mirrors things said in Revelation.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

You've posted three verses of scripture out of context. I will address the second verse. Read this: 

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV 

I believe you will find those who repent of their sin will see heaven before they die.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

12 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Mt 10:23 & 16:28:  In acts 1:9 Jesus was going, but to God He was coming.

Mt 24:24--"This generation" refers to the generation living when all of these things start to happen.

Love, peace, joy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

12 hours ago, Follower0fJesus said:

Hi there!

It's because you've misunderstood the passages....be encouraged!  The Bible is true!

""Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matthew 10:23"

COMES to do what?  There are multiple COMINGS...remember?

Jesus COMES to give His life (Mk.10:45).

Jesus COMES to be betrayed (Mk.14:41).

Jesus COMES with the angels in glory (Lk.9:26).

Jesus COMES to save the lost (Lk.19:10).

Jesus COMES to be glorified (Jn.12:23).

So Mt. 10:23 obviously does NOT refer to Lk.9:26!  It refers to the OTHER comings...

Lk. 9:26 is obviously still FUTURE.

""Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

Sometimes people have visions....look at John (Rev.1:7).  John had the vision BEFORE it actually happened....after all, it still hasn't happened!

And, those in Christ do NOT DIE (Jn.11:26)...so OF COURSE some will not die before they see the Son of Mon coming....because they will NEVER DIE (Jn.11:26).

""Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." Matthew 24:34"

The Greek "γενεά" also means RACE or NATION or TIME.....not always GENERATION.

So again, you've simply got the wrong interpretation.

Relax!

The Bible is true....

You're good!

blessings...

5 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

Sometimes people have visions....look at John (Rev.1:7).  John had the vision BEFORE it actually happened....after all, it still hasn't happened!

And, those in Christ do NOT DIE (Jn.11:26)...so OF COURSE some will not die before they see the Son of Mon coming....because they will NEVER DIE (Jn.11:26).

The verse says, they won't die until they see the Son of Man coming...meaning when he does come, then they will die. 

and you're saying they never die.

Also read the verse before that one. You'll see it explains what it means by his coming. He will come to judge with angels. 

The Greek "γενεά" also means RACE or NATION or TIME.....not always GENERATION.

So again, you've simply got the wrong interpretation.

The Greek also means "all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively."

and everytime Jesus used the word "generation", he was referring to "all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively."

I encourage you to look up every time generation was spoken of, in context.

COMES to do what?  There are multiple COMINGS...remember?

Jesus COMES to give His life (Mk.10:45).

Jesus COMES to be betrayed (Mk.14:41).

Jesus COMES with the angels in glory (Lk.9:26).

Jesus COMES to save the lost (Lk.19:10).

Jesus COMES to be glorified (Jn.12:23).

So Mt. 10:23 obviously does NOT refer to Lk.9:26!  It refers to the OTHER comings...

Lk. 9:26 is obviously still FUTURE.

No offense but that's a poor explanation.  

If after "comes ____" you can fill in the blank, than you can do that with any verse. And you still didn't prove he did mean the second coming. All you did was prove there's a possibility he was referring to the second coming.

Obviously if he's telling them they won't reach all of the towns of Isreal, it means something will happen that will obstruct that. The only thing that fits is the second coming. You read into it too much.