• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

On 1/11/2020 at 10:23 AM, Melinda12 said:

So has any of this incredible substance ever been found ?

Hello My sister,?? Jesus is this the true incredible substance (manna)he has been found by many.I think  Andrew was the first disciple to say he had found him...he told Nathaniel,,,?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Manna is very interesting to study, ...the word manna actually means, "What is it?"

We know Jesus refers to Himself as the Bread (Manna) of Life, that comes down from Heaven, ...we also know that before He took on the form of a Man He was the Word John 1:14.

What I have found to be true in my own walk with Him is I'm more receptive to His Word in the morning, ...and as I feed on the Word in the morning, then during the day He will add to it, He will connect the dots with what part of His Word I read in the morning with other verses elsewhere in His Word that are stored in my memory, ...thus the morning Manna sustains me throughout  the day. 

However, there is the opposite of that explained to us about Manna... 

ALL of the Israelite's collected the Manna, they all asked, "What is it?" But not ALL of them believed God or obeyed what He said about the Manna, ...which for us today is an illustration, symbol and type of Jesus...

We read, ...the Word of God (Manna), "bred worms and stank!" 

The word "worm" in the OT refers to two different species of worms, ...one being a type of our Lord Jesus Christ Psa 22:6 and the other "worm" is a maggot and we all are familiar with what maggots are.

We notice the Word of God (Manna) "bred" worms, This is the exact opposite of what we are told about the Word of God:

For the Word of God is living... Heb 4:12a  

The word living in this verse is zaō, is is used to means to be alive and used to represents Eternal Life.

But the Manna can also be dead, ...breeding maggots, ...giving off the odor "off" death. 

A maggot is an interesting creature, it starts out as an egg laid by a fly, then in about 5 days it hatches and becomes a fly and the process starts all over again. The moment a fly lands it's mouth starts touching whatever it has landed on searching for food, it doesn't differentiate between clean, dirty or putrid, so what ever it's mouth touches it is spreading harmful germs and bacteria, ...and if we eat food that flies have touched we can become sick and infected from the food that they have just landed on or have eaten from.

So what is this talk about maggots?

The Holy Spirit has warned us in ALL of the Books of the NT, except one, ...about false teachers and their heresy, ...they use the Word of God, ...but it breeds death to the listeners.

The Word of God can only be "taught" by the Holy Spirit 1 John 2:27 and born again children of God can only "understand" and be "alive" and grow in the Grace and the Knowledge of our Lord by the Holy Spirit!

So please, be very careful about "who" you receive the Manna from, ...make sure it is given to you every morning by the Holy Spirit and not someone on the internet, ...some of it could be left over from the day before and it has death in it...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, Tigger56 said:

I do not agree that Manna was a naturally occurring substance. I was a miracle from the Lord. It does state in verse 4 of Exodus 16 that it would rain from heaven and not that it would come from insects. It also states in verse 31 what it tasted like.

It could be both a natural substance and a miracle at the same time!

As in the feeding of the 5000 (which is presented as the 'real' manna in John's Gospel), God didn't make something out of nothing. Jesus started with a little bread and made a lot. I see no problem with the idea that God started with a tiny quantity of natural manna and multiplied it in a similar way. (See also the miracle of the widow's oil in II Kings 4, where God through Elisha asks the woman herself to supply some 'raw material' for Him to work on. There's a Scriptural pattern here)

"Rain down" in Exodus 16:4 doesn't have to be taken literally; it could easily be a metaphor for the quantity and its sudden dramatic appearance (apparently out of nowhere).

And the description in verse 31 does fit with 'natural' manna, or so I'm led to believe (I haven't tasted it myself).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 1/11/2020 at 2:23 AM, Melinda12 said:

I am reading Exodus and am fascinated as to what manna was. Yes food. But is there a symbolic meaning which we can apply to our lives? That God provides daily as long as we obey His commands? 

People were to gather only the amount required daily, not try to store it as it went rotten. Along with quail, their nutritional needs were met for the long journey of decades. It was preserved for future generations and placed in the Ark of the Covenant. So has any of this incredible substance ever been found? 

Amazing. Also, why quail? They needed protein and bread, i presume this balance was obtained to keep the body fed and alive in a wildernesd where they would have died otherwise.

I take it to mean whatever wilderness we find ourselves in during our lives, God will sustain us. 

This is also an interesting topic.

For quite some time, I pictured them roaming around in the wilderness picking up loaves of unleavened bread? I forgot where but, somewhere in the Bible manna is described as a seed or grain; where they ground it up and made bread? I think I've heard it described as 'angel food'? I also seem to remember the taste was somewhat like honey too?

Another interesting tidbit... The very last inspection of the contents inside the Ark of the Covenant; the only thing there were the two tablets of stone. The golden pot of manna and Aaron's budding rod were missing. Where and when did they go? 

As a former quail hunter, they're tasty little critters. It takes skill even with a shotgun to gather a few of them. How did they get quail by the millions without them flushing? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 1/11/2020 at 4:08 AM, Deborah_ said:

Manna is a naturally occurring substance. Apparently it's a sugary solution secreted by certain species of scale insects that live in the wilderness. When we went to Jordan a few years ago, it was possible to buy 'manna' as a souvenir.

https://momentmag.com/manna-is-real-and-not-so-heavenly/

But of course, it's normally only available in very small quantities. The miracle of the manna is the sheer scale and consistency of its production - enough to feed a whole nation for forty years!

The quail only came twice in that period of forty years, both times were near the beginning. The Israelites had their livestock with them, so they always had supplies of meat and milk.

Here's a description of it.

Numbers 11:7 (KJV) And the manna was as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium. 8.  And the people went about, and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.

Exodus 16:31 (KJV) And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Sounds a lot like a seed or grain they ground up to bake into a bread. Quail and manna sounds like a feast to me... To me, it sounds like it must of been very small and they had to pick up a lot of it to make a cake of bread?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

15 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

... I think I've heard it described as 'angel food'? ...

Your memory served you well :)

Man did eat the bread of angels;
He sent them food in abundance.

Somehow I'm doubtful angels are dependent on earthly bug poop for sustenance :)

• Thumbs Up 1