• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

What are your personal beliefs?

I have believed in GOD, Jesus, the bible, heaven, hell, etc. I have also believed in the gospel and have tried to get right with GOD.

Is that what you guys have done?

If you believe Jesus and trust 100% in the Atonement He secured by His death on the cross for your justification then you are Right with God..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 1/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I have believed in GOD, Jesus, the bible, heaven, hell, etc. I have also believed in the gospel and have tried to get right with GOD. 

Yes. And I got right with God. That made a big difference in just trying.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

GETTING RIGHT is TRUSTING JESUS, NOT YOURSELF, for salvation.

THAT is the gospel I hope you followed?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Believing the genuine Jesus Christ IS getting right with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I love that the original language that the New Testament scriptures were written in. Things start to become so much clearer as you study and the Holy Spirit is there to guide you.

--------------------------

You ask what we believe.

The word "believe" is "pisteuo", in the original language of the bible, and is a word used by new born Christians, new or very young in the faith, meaning to accept what they are told by someone else with no proof of any type, including the sharing of the gospel with no proof of the gospel. The word "pisteuo" also includes the ides of being uncertain, even during our early walk, as many of us were including me for years, mostly because of things I heard and saw that weren't biblical, and at time when I needed God in my early walk, God didn't seem to be there and I questioned Him caring or loving me, if He was real. It also has the sense of knowing about God, because of what your told in your early years, but not knowing Him personally, causes questions and challenges our faith at times in our early walk.

BUT... for me, as time went on and God started revealing Himself to me in ways I could hear and see and even touch, prayers were answered, healings took place, God providing for me with perfect timing, and then about the same time, the Holy Spirit started becoming an active part of my life in ways that I could hear and see that made Him start becoming real, reminding me of scriptures, and helping me in my studies, I began to "KNOW THEM, God and the Holy Spirit, not just know ABOUT THEM.

The word KNOW is the word GINOSKO, then comes EPIGINOSKO and finally OIDA all 3 parts of the one word to BEGIN KNOWING God or as time passes, TO start KNOWING GOD INTIMATELY. All three in the beautiful original language that describes the process of going from believing "PISTEUO" and not knowing God at all, to going through the process of "COMING" to KNOW God personally  in small ways to over the years getting to KNOW God "OIDA", personally and intimately.

OIDA - to KNOW beyond any doubt by seeing and experiencing personally and intimately.

So why do I share this here?? Why is this important?

For me it's important to understand because as I began the process of going from GINOSKO through EPIGINOSKO to OIDA meaning finally  KNOWING God intimately, I also began trusting God more and "KNOWING" I could put my life in His hands and trust that whatever was happening in my life, not just because the bible says, "All things work together for good for those who love God and have been called according to His purpose," but because God also had chosen to prove Himself to me, and the more I trusted and He came threw, the more I have trusted more and more and more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You asked what we believe.

I KNOW GOD IS REAL. I KNOW MY FAITH IS REAL. (Capital letters emphacising NOT SCREAMING)

I KNOW, not believe, beyond any shadow of doubt and can PROVE that GOD IS REAL to anyone who is open minded and rational just like trying to prove the truth in a court of law.

The word OIDA is a legal word used to, for example, describe a lawyer knowing the truth of his clients undeniable and complete innocence that he is defending, and is willing to put his reputation on the line to prove it, or in our case willing to put our lives on the line and die for the truth because God has proven Himself and we'll stand for HIS truth until the end like Paul, if we OIDA.

If you have never studied scripture in the original language, or studied bible history, or Christianity's history, you are missing out on some of the most beautiful  understanding of the Christianity of the past that allows us to more fully understand our faith the way we should today, in a way that todays leaders and teachers know nothing about and can't teach you because it isn't taught in todays bible colleges, and has been lost to the masses over a period of nearly 2000 years, but can be rediscovered on your own by studying in the original language.

Compare the two words, believing and knowing, even in a modern day dictionary like Webster's, and even in the English language today, and you'll discover the differences.

What you hear today is only a fraction of the complete beautiful truth that God had originally intended for us to have from His word.

Just like what the Jews lost, and Jesus came to reaffirm and reteach to them and all of us, history has repeated itself, and the Christian culture is right where the Jews were 2000 years ago.

Most of this is probably too deep or complicated for those here that are young, maybe trying to raise a family and hardly enough time to even sleep, trying to make a life, and just too busy, but as you progress to "your" retirement maybe you'll remember this post and set out on your own "Quest" as I did.

I was simply looking for the truth :t2:. learning never ends :thumbs_up:

My name is Oligos.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 1/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I had to realized that it was Jesus who made us right with God by His blood shed for my sins.  I can never make myself right with God.  He did change my desires so that I want to allow Jesus to minister tHis loving grace through me.

• Praise God! 1

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Sounds good to me, i believe in those things too. I wouldnt say that that alone saves but it is a great start.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

If you are into a little bit of reading, these wee posts may be helpful to you.