IGNORED

Why does the Catholic Church recognize books not recognized by Protestants?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, charisenexcelsis said:

His ministry is largely internet. since you are a devoted student, invite him to come.

He actually does a lot of seminars.  They just record them and make them available...

Justin is right though if you email him he will answer.    

Might I ask what it is that you think is being misused?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

I was quoting him. Not trying to discredit him in any way. Just mentioning that he might be interesting in joining the discussions.

In his books, Dr. Heiser's bibliography is often larger than the book's text. Go to his web sites and read it all. There are reams of information and ideas plus various blogs that answer questions people have posed.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

You are a devoted student of him. I am not. My knowledge of him is sufficient to believe him to be reliable.

Many millions of American have come to view Heiser's Deuteronomical 32 worldview as profound.
Not surprisingly, many from the seminaries take exception to his views... However, so many have benefitted that it does seem to me to be Providential. That is why I suggest people go and take a listen to some of his seminars and not just take my word for it. Dr. Heiser's understanding of the Divine Council (aka Psalm 82/Deut 32) has been very well received. This was his doctoral thesis and is well researched.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I prefer Dr. Michael Heiser's explanations. They are scholarly and accurate. Trust not gulag (goggle).

Seeing many of Dr. Heiser's teachings and having his two most popular books. Reading and owning Stewarton Bible School publication on "Bible Versions". I'd say they are pretty much in agreement. The small Stewarton pamphlet gives condensed and accurate information for a general inquiry.

As far as Google, yeah I don't trust them, they filter and are liberal to the core, they can and do manipulate search traffic to where they prefer. But as of yet, the can't edit or manipulate web page content posted. We can still reach Heiser's website's through any major search engine. 

• Well Said! 2

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

As far as Google, yeah I don't trust them

I use DuckDuckGo because they do not pry. I stand against Google because if there ever was a 'beast' that all will fall for, it would be something all-encompassing like this...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I use DuckDuckGo because they do not pry. I stand against Google because if there ever was a 'beast' that all will fall for, it would be something all-encompassing like this...

I agree with you and I'm very uneasy about it. I'm sacrificing my privacy and who knows what else, for the ease and convenience of everything Google offers. I don't like being a tiny part of there agenda and appear to be supporting them either.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

He is an outspoken opponent to conspiracy theories.

so am I concerning about 75% of them...  but don't kid yourself, there are conspiracies out there, you just have to learn to strain out the trash....    he's also not really into politics and right now that's where most of that kind of thing is going on.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

26 minutes ago, charisenexcelsis said:

I want them to create a search engine called "Duck, Duck Goose" that chooses responses completely randomly. :)

you can do that yourself by choosing the 4th listing on each page and start on the 5th page then go 4,6,3,7 pages...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 1/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, Guest K9Buck said:

I presume that the Protestants deemed some of the books NOT to be the inspired word of God and removed them from the bible of that time, is that correct?  

Either way, how do we know who has it right?  Here is an explanation by one source.  

https://bustedhalo.com/questionbox/why-does-the-catholic-bible-include-the-maccabees-and-the-book-of-wisdom

Catholic Bibles contain 46 books in the Old Testament, including seven (Tobit, Judith, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, and Baruch) which were part of an ancient Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible. These books were better known among Greek speaking Jews in the Mediterranean world around the time of Jesus. Today these seven books are variously referred to as the “apocryphal” or “deuterocanonical” books and are usually placed between the Old and New Testaments. At the time of the Protestant Reformation, Protestant leaders decided not to include these seven Greek books in the Old Testament (because they weren’t written in Hebrew like the rest of the Old Testament) while Catholic leaders decided to retain them since they were important to our Jewish ancestors.

There are no prophecies of the Messiah there.   Not all OT books have prophecies about the Messiah either.

https://forums.catholic.com/t/need-help-messianic-prophecy-in-the-deuterocanonical-books/173914

Below is the catholic claims that there are messianic prophecies in those books,  but I do not see it.

http://matt1618.freeyellow.com/wisdom2.html

https://forums.catholic.com/t/prophecies-from-every-deuterocanonical-book/306989

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 1/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Are there biblical coincidences? 

It's amazing where, when and why the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, just after the diaspora when Israel returned in unbelief to the land once again as a nation. What was found further validates scripture and our Bibles. There's evidence John the Baptist may have been an Essene. Another amazing thing; the Book of Isaiah is the center piece of the Bible, it details about everything. It was the only Book that was just about complete. 

One thing that still puzzles me? Why did it take decades to release "any" information about the scrolls or what they said, as they were compiling and interpreting them??

It makes me wonder if in the future, the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's Ark might be revealed by the Lord for further evidence and truth to an unbelieving world??

Is it true that the Essenes deny that the Messiah is divine?