• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Sonshine said:

I don’t understand what you mean, brother.  Why couldn’t any Christian obey the Father’s commandments? :rolleyes:

The Commandments Of Moses were never given so that we could get to Heaven by obeying them...Moses System was an impossible system to keep.....Peter confessed that neither “ He nor His Fathers  could keep them.” If Peter could not keep them— what chance do you and I have ?

The Law was given to show that you can’t keep it and you need to put your Trust in the One that COULD keep them.There is this big “ loophole” for those who will come to the end of THEMSELVES for Salvation and are ready to “ shut up” about their delusional ability to keep the Law in order to be Justified.God’s Way to be “ Justified ( fit for Heaven) is to simply BELIEVE in the Gospel Of Pure Grace .Prove you truly believe it by RESTiNG In it—- that means not adding to it with Circumcision , Commandment Keeping , Sabbath Keeping, church attendance , tithing, timely and fortunate repentance or anything else.Resting  in the Gospel is the key to  everything in the successful Christian Walk—YOU REST in the FINISHED WORK at the Cross.....HE gives you His Spirit....You FIND YOURSELF doing the things that please God.It ain’t necessarily putting down that cigarette or cleaning up your language , etc. God has much bigger things in mind. Things like Justice, Mercy, Kindness,  compassion and Humility.If one wants to “ imitate Jesus”, don’t concentrate on the Laws Of the Old Covenant—— get with God’s New Plan.Not 613 Laws that are “ weak” and “worthless”. Jesus latest commandments are two-fold.Believe and Love.The Holy Spirit working “ THROUGH” you will enable you to accomplish this.You don’t even have to try. It takes Trust....it will even be fun.....Christianity fun? Wow- imagine that!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:24 AM, Raymond2020 said:

So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

I don't strive at all, ...in fact the "only" thing I did 34 years "ago" is believe and receive, ...at that moment the Holy Spirit entered into me, ...yes, unfortunately the church I was attending at the time taught me I had to strive in "my" works to "keep" myself saved, but the "more" I strived the more "frustrated" I became every time I read my Bible and and saw how much was required of me in my self righteous "works" Matt 5:20 (funny how many overlook this verse) 

Praise God, ...after only a few years of frustration, ... the Holy Spirit revealed to me "He" is responsible for me and the next step in my walk with Him was to relinquish all authority of/in my life, ...I have vacated the Throne in my heart that I sat on in my prideful rebellion, ...and made the "wisest" decision of my new life and "allowed" Him His rightful place to sit on that Throne and rule, reign and direct my life, ..."enabling" me to be a "doer" of the word instead of just a "hearer" as He is "conforming" me into the image of Jesus Christ.  

May I humbly suggest, ...since we are "predestined" to be "conformed" into the "image" of Christ Rom 8:29, ...that you take the time to mediate on this, ..is Christ "working" today, ...is He "observing" the Sabbath day, is He striving, ...is that the "image" of Christ the Holy Spirit is "conforming us into?

Lord bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/26/2020 at 4:19 AM, grahampaul said:

some folks like monday some tuesday,its bygrace we are saved.

I hear you crystal clear! 

My government is making companies pay double on Sundays. 

I'm still a baby Christian-So I'm going to a bible school this year just to get a deeper understanding.

We are saved by grace, through faith but advice do you have for a baby brother that has been backsliding?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

Look to Christ, He is our salvation.pray and believe and you will recieve.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/24/2020 at 7:24 AM, Raymond2020 said:

if we fall into sin again the holy spirit convicts us of our sin.

Perhaps I do not understand.  When did I ever fall out of my sin that I might fall in yet again?

I am a sinner saved by Grace alone. I am not out of sin, and in  sin, and out of sin. I  am sinful though repentant. Never am I perfect, as the old man within fights to dominate all the time, but always I am forgiven. That is a certainty and a gift of God to me personally. That is a gift given to all that  do hear the call from the Holy Spirit, that do heed that call to repentance, and do see that Jesus is Lord and to bow to Him as such.

49 minutes ago, Betha said:

I wonder why God ever bothered choosing HIS OWN HOLY DAY and INVITING PEOPLE TO KEEP IT HOLY ? seems a total waste of time and effort on His part according to them. Who cares what GOD WANTS ?

romans 15v5.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps I do not understand.  When did I ever fall out of my sin that I might fall in yet again?

I am a sinner saved by Grace alone. I am not out of sin, and in  sin, and out of sin. I  am sinful though repentant. Never am I perfect, as the old man within fights to dominate all the time, but always I am forgiven. That is a certainty and a gift of God to me personally. That is a gift given to all that  do hear the call from the Holy Spirit, that do heed that call to repentance, and do see that Jesus is Lord and to bow to Him as such.

When we came to Christ we were forgiven for all our sins.

So it was a clean sheet, fresh start,  new life. When you were baptized you died from your old self and rose as a new person. 

Let's do the count from there 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

34 minutes ago, Raymond2020 said:

When we came to Christ we were forgiven for all our sins.

So it was a clean sheet, fresh start,  new life. When you were baptized you died from your old self and rose as a new person. 

Let's do the count from there 

Not only that, but salvation and sanctification are past, present and future, ongoing, not just something that happened once time. Sanctification is a line, not a point. Praise God, we are holy, having the imputed righteous of Christ on us, covering us while we grow, until we are fully conformed to His likeness at His second coming. For know, I just have to be content, while trying, but in joy also, patiently waiting for His appearing!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Betha said:

HE is Lord of the Sabbath, seems you are not 'in tune with Him.

... comments like this are extremely judgmental and should be avoided.  :)

@Betha

i dont keep a holy day,not even xmass.and i do try to be 'like minded "one to another" according to Christ Jesus
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."

• Praise God! 1