• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Raymond2020 said:

When we came to Christ we were forgiven for all our sins.

So it was a clean sheet, fresh start,  new life. When you were baptized you died from your old self and rose as a new person. 

Let's do the count from there 

I don't think so Raymond, for my Lord and savior was crucified died once for all my sins past present and future. I need not be counting them from any point in time.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Would you mind expanding on this please? I am a bit fuzzy on this point.

Sure. 

Obviously Jesus who Is God the Son came as a man to be crucified in obedience to His Father. He did so for His Father's glory. He did so because all of mankind that he created had fallen from innocence and perfection into total depravity.

That is where we all start from Conception, even before birth. All are of sin, our fate is destruction  by God because of His wrath. None of his creation can make itself perfect. One cannot unring a bell so to speak. But God can reconcile  that which is unreconcilable. He can take  my sin filled body  my depraved mind  my rebellious soul, and give me to His Son Jesus. He did so from before creation itself fo rHe foreknew and predestine all that will be recepients of His mercy and Grace delivered at the cross of Calvary.

I was a sinner saved by grace before I was even conceived by my parents. I was sin in the womb of my mother I was born screaming out for attention for me. I was and am flawed, unacceptable  to the sight of God.  I became accountable to God for that condition at an age of accountability, but I was never innocent before that time, and certainly not after.

The Holy Spirit made God's specific call to me personally when I was about 35 years old. I was challenged by The Holy Spirit to tuen about from my sin against God and to declare jesus to be my Lord, my savior. It took me about two hours I think to recover from that experience and to do just that. At that point I was what is called saved.  But I had bene saved all along as God already foreknew and in fact had predestined my  freewill response. Now I woul dhave beeen insane to reject the Holy Spirit. Just couldn't do that  this side of sanity.

My whole life spun 180 degrees at that point, my goals were different my life style was radically different.  I still sinned, did so daily, perhaps violating  most of the commandments of God at least with my mind via my thought process, if not  in my physical actions. And it is still the same today. I sin all the time. I fight against it, yet I sin. Does Jesus go back on the cross every few minutes to cover my sin anew? No, He covered all my sins  once, and for all  time.

To realize that is very painful to me. My God suffered  the consequence of me. He suffered the cost of my sin, all of my sin to the time of my death which is to come, unless I am raptured out of here  or simply called to him before my death. The last one I doubt will be the case. I do feel remorse, and more than that I do work at learning more of sin by mostly learning more of what pleases God that I may be doing each day. I try to find the do's more than worrying myself endlessly about the don'ts.

I know I fail every day. I also know God did not fail at the cross. Jesus died for me, He descended, He rose again, and ascended and is making a place for me even now, at a time of His Father's command He will quickly come and take many as has been given Him  by His Father, none of whom will have lived sin free even after  receiving the call of the Holy Spirit and repenting of sin against God.

Thank sth eway I se ei. I know others have differing ideas that they too have reasone dout for themselves. I only know what God has done for me, and that if it isn't fully sufficient then I am  not to be with God. For I am  a sinner struggling every day against the old ways. The Holy Spirit comforts me, guides and intercedes almost constantly against ny failings.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On 1/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

What if one can not “ obey the Commandments?” Are there any other options for a sinful man like myself and many other people that I   know that are “ ungodly ?”

YES bb .   and I am glad you asked ,  for now I get to point again to the power of grace .

IF you walk after the SPIRIT you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

For the grace o GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all , teaching us to be walking soberly , RIGHTEOUSLY and godly in this present world ,  to deny sin BB .

For man can do nothing of himself ,  man was but dead in his sins and trespasses , BUT the power of the BLOOD ,  our FAITH IN HIM ,  the HOLY SPIRIT actually , INDWELLS true beleivers .

And through JESUS CHRIST ,  we can do all things .   WE can do all things THROUGH JESUS CHRIST who STRENGTHENS US BB. 

What we sow to is what we reap .    IF I serve sin a thousand times a day ,  GUESS WHO MY MASTER IS ,   SIN IS the FLESH IS .

OH but JESUS did not leave us powerless , NO HE DID NOT .   He gives us , as HE even gave Paul and peter and all beleivers , the mindset which says , LET SIN Not once be named among you ,

AND the pattern for if one does sin and err ,    confess AND FORSAKE BB .    BUT never let folks feel safe in error .       Time we armour up like the true ones did .    put on the whole armour of GOD 

and not the amour of mens doctrines ,  put on the amour of GOD and BELEIVE IN CHRIST .   Thank you BB.  You asked so I pointed TO JESUS who is able to succor us , that is TO GIVE AIDE to us 

through any trial and temptation  .  BB,  I got good news ,  GREATER IS HE IN  US than the flesh and doctrines of men .

And that is called POINTING TO THEPOWER of JESUS and not my own power , BUT HIS .    LET US HAVE FAITH IN HIM .  

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Betha said:

I wonder why God ever bothered choosing HIS OWN HOLY DAY and INVITING PEOPLE TO KEEP IT HOLY ? seems a total waste of time and effort on His part according to them. Who cares what GOD WANTS ?

Betha ,  I love ya I do .  but I desire to hear more than meats , drinks and days from you .      Some folks are just gonna hold one day above another and some are just gonna esteem all days alike .

I am all for church on sabbath ,  but if folks want to gather on sunday , AMEN I will gather with them too and vice versa .    

I know the sabbath is fri evening to sat evening .   

7 hours ago, Raymond2020 said:

I hear you crystal clear! 

My government is making companies pay double on Sundays. 

I'm still a baby Christian-So I'm going to a bible school this year just to get a deeper understanding.

We are saved by grace, through faith but advice do you have for a baby brother that has been backsliding?

Raymond you be encouraged .    I have wonderful advice for you ,    just seek ye the LORD with all the heart and read that bible for hours daily and grow in grace .

And speaking of bible colleges ,   I feel the need to warn you .   several pastors I have spoke with , tell me they went through all that ,  and they would tell you , DO NOT BOTHER 

they are mixing lots of mans dangerous wisdom and precepts into those schools .   My advice,    FEED from that bible like a hungry lamb on its mothers teet . 

And seek diligently the LORD .  He will supply all you need .     And be of a sound mind and see the danger of this back sliding .   Repent asap and cry to  the LORD .   I promise 

He will hear and restore your heart to a whole heart after HIM . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

what do you regard as backsliding?.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Betha said:

I wonder why God ever bothered choosing HIS OWN HOLY DAY and INVITING PEOPLE TO KEEP IT HOLY ? seems a total waste of time and effort on His part according to them. Who cares what GOD WANTS ?

God wants you to truly “Sabbath”........Sabbath ( Rest) in the Finished Work of the Cross..... God couldn’t care less about what day you worship..... A True Christian worships EVERY day.....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/25/2020 at 11:20 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

What if one can not “ obey the Commandments?” Are there any other options for a sinful man like myself and many other people that I   know that are “ ungodly ?”

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.  Whosoever abides in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.  Little children, let no man deceive you:  he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.  For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.  1 John 3:5-9

Advice based on scripture:  become born of God.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, JustPassingThru said:

I don't strive at all, ...in fact the "only" thing I did 34 years "ago" is believe and receive, ...at that moment the Holy Spirit entered into me, ...yes, unfortunately the church I was attending at the time taught me I had to strive in "my" works to "keep" myself saved, but the "more" I strived the more "frustrated" I became every time I read my Bible and and saw how much was required of me in my self righteous "works" Matt 5:20 (funny how many overlook this verse) 

Praise God, ...after only a few years of frustration, ... the Holy Spirit revealed to me "He" is responsible for me and the next step in my walk with Him was to relinquish all authority of/in my life, ...I have vacated the Throne in my heart that I sat on in my prideful rebellion, ...and made the "wisest" decision of my new life and "allowed" Him His rightful place to sit on that Throne and rule, reign and direct my life, ..."enabling" me to be a "doer" of the word instead of just a "hearer" as He is "conforming" me into the image of Jesus Christ.  

May I humbly suggest, ...since we are "predestined" to be "conformed" into the "image" of Christ Rom 8:29, ...that you take the time to mediate on this, ..is Christ "working" today, ...is He "observing" the Sabbath day, is He striving, ...is that the "image" of Christ the Holy Spirit is "conforming us into?

Lord bless

It is frustrating doig it yourself

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

It is frustrating doig it yourself

Beloved, you don't have to do it yourself, Jesus promised you, take it personally, "He" would never leave you, ...the Holy Spirit is "living" inside of you and Jesus is as close to you as your own hand, ...the Psalmist asked:

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. Psa 139: 7-10

You see precious one, ...Jesus has a hold of your hand and He will never let go of you!

Reality is, ...you can't go anywhere, ...where He isn't, ...may I humbly suggest you start looking at the "spiritual" reality and stop focusing on the "physical" reality all around you, Your Heavenly Father is "responsible" for you, ...you are His child, ...just like you are "responsible" for your baby, ...your child doesn't worry about his/her next meal, clothes, a roof over his/her head, ...those thing are your responsibility. If you "provide" them for your baby, ...how much more will Father "provide" them for you, ...to provide for your child?

The Word tells us children are on loan from God Psa 127:3, if you can recognize that then start immediately telling your child about Jesus, whisper in his/her ear, "Jesus loves you," "Jesus is God," "Jesus died for you," ...and any other things you are grateful for, ....that the Lord has done for you, ...read the Word to him/her, ...no, he/she won't understand now, ...you'll be the one who benefits from it, but you are setting an example for when they will be able to understand, ...and you can read children's Bible stories to him/her.

I hope you can "see," ...physical "reality" is so small, ...but spiritual "reality" is as big and infinite as God Himself...

Lord bless