• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Flowersun said:

I disagree,not all of must leave....again...Only God can save....if God places you in a non believers site,or anywhere else,...you stay until he asks you to leave.....you know in your spirit when it is time to leave.

We will have to agree to disgree on this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Alerting one another to wolves in sheep's clothing is an act of love to protect the safety of the flock.

There are, and have been trolling in all parts of the forum.

However, I don't think they should be called out publicly. The report button is there for a reason.

Well than alert us, who are they? Name names if you want to truly alert others seriously of who other trolls are.

But please be certain of your accuracy in accusing another of being a troll as you could be in error in bringing slander to another member in Christ Jesus. And than its not only a person your offending but you also offending Christs little child and will become accountable for that from Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

OK. so I know I am a royal pain or 'Royal Member', but I never got a really good definition of the word 'Troll"

Please enlighten me since I thought I knew what it was but am now unsure (maybe it does not matter either).

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

OK. so I know I am a royal pain or 'Royal Member', but I never got a really good definition of the word 'Troll"

Please enlighten me since I thought I knew what it was but am now unsure (maybe it does not matter either).

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I'm Not A Troll, Honest I'm Not

The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Norway

Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."
On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll , with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.
"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.
"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .
"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.
"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.
"Oh, no! pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy goat. "Wait a bit till the second Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."
"Well, be off with you," said the troll.

A little while after came the second Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.
Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap, went the bridge.
"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll.
"Oh, it's the second Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, who hadn't such a small voice.
"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.
"Oh, no! Don't take me. Wait a little till the big Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."
"Very well! Be off with you," said the troll.

But just then up came the big Billy Goat Gruff .
Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap! went the bridge, for the billy goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.
"Who's that tramping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"It's I! The big Billy Goat Gruff ," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.
"Now I 'm coming to gobble you up," roared the troll.
Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside. There the billy goats got so fat they were scarcely able to walk home again. And if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so,
Snip, snap, snout.
This tale's told out.
 https://pitt.edu/~dash/type0122e.html

But You Should See My Big Brother~!

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalms 18:2

lol~! Fun Stuff~!

Love, Joe

Just now, maryjayne said:

We have repeatedly been asked to use the report button.

Alerting those in a stewardship position on here of possible danger is not slander.

We will not be offending Jesus if we tell the appointed stewards of the flock here of our concerns, so they can look out for us.

Well than do it, why write about it endlessly?

• Thumbs Up 1

I very rarely use the report button on Worthy unless the post has profane language or is incredibly rude or inappropriate . I can count on one hand how many times I have had to do this on Worthy and I have been here a long time. There are some people who report a lot of posts. If something offends them they report the post. I do not think that is what the "report option" is for. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

Just now, Justin Adams said:

A Troll is the opposite of a shill, though both are there for the purpose of trolling you. They often work hand in hand and at times are one in the same person. A Troll will deliberately oppose your viewpoint, a shill will then come along and agree with you in fighting the troll thus adding fuel to the fire. In Being allied with you, the shill is harder to spot, and only later will they turn on you. Both are trolling, But their method is the opposite.

The concept of shills came into being from the Doctors who had special medicines to sell, So they would send their shills into towns before their arrival and praise the medicines that they were taking as working wonders, and then conveniently the salesman would show up the next day to sell their special elixirs. This is the same tactic that is used by Madison avenue today and the advertisers on TV who use trusted celebrities to share the wonders of these drugs.

Thus trolling itself is an attempt to lead one into a certain viewpoint on a product or a political candidate etc. So Let's say you want to lead someone to vote for a conservative, well they will send a lunatic leftist to troll your site, and get you to oppose the craziness of that viewpoint, and then the shill arrives to guide your viewpoint to a certain candidate. Some trolling is done just to elicit a response to distract you from the real issues.  Some is done to get you to vehemently oppose others. Our current president is a Master at trolling the Media in order to distract them. Our Previous president was more of a shill, pretending to be one thing while doing another behind the back. 

After commenting for years on especially political forums, you learn to spot them right away, Both trolls and shills. Apply this to Christian forums and you will also see this, though sometimes harder to spot because of the wide array of viewpoints in the Christian community. But eventually you will see them as they will be exposed. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

One thing to keep in mind everyone ... is that within the harvest field ... Jesus said ... do not pull the tares -- lest you pull the wheat with it ... 

While we attempt to prevent "weeds" from being planted ... it's impossible to remove all "tares" otherwise you're dealing with disrupting the harvest as well!

Personally, I come from the perspective that NONE of us have our DOCTRINE PERFECT ... the key is not "PERFECT" doctrine ... but rather a GREAT RELATIONSHIP with our God ... in this relationship we have with our God, we can share in love our DISAGREEMENTS ... as we're all running the race together!  :)

@DustyRoad  -- Thanks bro!  We love you!

God bless,

George

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1