• Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Internet trolls

On 1/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, missmuffet said:

Do you see internet trolls on Worthy? 

Unfortunately I do. They generally do not remain on site for long. Once they've accomplished their mission in creating a ruckus of havoc amongst the members here, they tend to bore easily and slip away to other pastures. This goes on where ever they go. They're generally young, snarky, and a lot of times can even have some notable degree of intelligence. Having half a brain gives them power over others who take the bait, so to speak. They're a little deranged in my personal opinion. I've faced far more on secular sites, though. Admin here know exactly how to handle trolls, and they do it very well. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, The Survivor said:

I just access CHAT when I come to this site, worthychristianforums.com, and just click on the chat box thing on the bottom right of my window (not that I even say much).

I do not bother with clicking chat on the top menu.

Too bad, is that is not even remotely the same thing as our "real" chat.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

32 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Repeat this to me now that I've read about how you "get" the trolls, ayin jade. Now that everyone has had their entertainment, I'm finished with this horrible place.

I get the trolls means they have come after me. I do not mean i appreciate their trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:55 PM, Flowersun said:

I disagree,if God wants me to be a door mat...then I will be....after all,he is the one in control not us....God can teach you a lot..from being a door mat....that's my experience...Praise God.

I kind of have to agree, it is part of the 'turn the other cheek' thing, isn't it? In my opinion Jesus was the ultimate door mat. Sometimes He withstood persecution without rebuttal, like a lamb before it's shearer is silent. He could have blinked others out of existence, it would have been justified. Peter was not being a doormat when he cut of a servants ear, and he was rebukes. There might be a time, when verbal self defense is called for, but we need to check the motivation of our hearts.

Jesus died for sinners, none of whom deserved to be rescued. Not being a doormat, might come from pride, love endures all things. I have not fully incorporated that into my being, but I understand it as truth. 

Good for you and your servant attitude Flowersun!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 1/26/2020 at 11:00 AM, FresnoJoe said:

Hi~!
How Are You (?)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

40 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Hi! Good thanks, You gave me your copy and paste answer I never forgot And I private messaged you to ask about it and you never responded, Maybe a miss understanding or miss communication, Sorry if I misunderstood,  Thanks for the reply God Bless

Beloved Brother~!

Post Early, Post Often
And Keep On Trucking~!

Love, Your Brother Joe

On 1/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, missmuffet said:

I very rarely use the report button on Worthy unless the post has profane language or is incredibly rude or inappropriate . I can count on one hand how many times I have had to do this on Worthy and I have been here a long time. There are some people who report a lot of posts. If something offends them they report the post. I do not think that is what the "report option" is for. 

I would agree with that. However, I would add that we depend of members here to be our eyes and ears. We can do a better job in making this a site that glorifies the Lord, when we know what is going on. Unlike the Lord, we are not omniscient. At times, what I think happens, is that people fail to report problems out of some sense of not wanting to be a tattle-tale. I understand that mentality, but at the same time, it means that problems then go un-dealt with, and get out of control when a solution my have been found, and many problems avoided.

There have been a number of times, when I have become aware of an issue, that really needed dealing with, but it was not reported, or not reported in a timely manner, and then the problem escalated, until someone was hurt that needed fellowship and/or help, but instead, all they found was pain and discouragement.

In my opinion, when you love others, love the site, love the Lord, you will want help out, consider it as a ministry to all. There are some perhaps who over report, of report small infractions. Some perhaps even follow others around the forum, just looking for opportunity to report them, I don't think that is right. On the other hand, while it is extra work for me and others who try to manage the forums, I would rather have to deal with "too many" reports, than too few.

It is like an illness, sometimes it is better to err on the side of precaution. My wife died, partly because I was not proactive enough in getting her medical care more quickly, a problem could have been handled, even a day earlier, it might have saved her life, instead, an infection grew and it killed her.

Let's do out parts, to prevent the spread of infections here, sound reasonable?

• Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I get the trolls.

I saw this several times in peoples quotes, and I did not understand it, until I looked up your original comment. I show the vagueeries of the English language.

I get the trolls, I understand them.

I get the trolls, as in "oh yeah, I'll get you!"

I get the trolls, like I get mail in my mailbox most days.

This topic seems inexplicably popular to me, I guess saying that, might make me a troll!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Before I was saved, I trolled street preachers. 

Jokes on me now lol. I get the trolls.

Ok just so everyone understands me. I trolled street preachers when i was unsaved. Now it is my turn to have trolls attack me. 

Im sorry my poor words distressed you dusty. 

Im starting to feel like its risky just to post any more.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Im starting to feel like its risky just to post any more.

I agree with you.  No matter how a post is worded, someone will invariably interpret it as hostile.  And anything said there after, no matter what is automatically seen as an insult, or a personal attack even if the post was not addressed to them.  All it takes is one post.  It is also risky to tell people that you are praying for them or even try to comfort them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1