IGNORED

How can you have assurance of salvation ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Christ Jesus message and redemption for mankind was completed: finished on the cross of Calvary. Christ Jesus said:it is finished.

Christ used Paul to spread His initial message of redemptive salvation through Him and Him alone. nothing changed or added after Christ Jesus.

The full redemptive work and message of Christ Jesus was completed and finished at the cross of Calvary, from there Christ Jesus resurrected said to His disciples: go and share the gospel, the good news to all the world.  Matthew. Mark, Luke, Peter, Timothy, and Paul did exactly that and nothing was added or changed to Gods perfect plan of Mercy and Grace through and only through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

John 19:28-30

It Is Finished

28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Jesus IS Salvation.

Jesus IS Grace

Jesus IS Eternal Life

Jesus IS Sanctification, Redemption, and the BLOOD ATONEMENT

= (accept no substitutes).

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings.....

You have to let Scripture Confirm Scripture....Jesus used a very important little Word there "IF"

Jesus doesn't have to repeat himself.

Edited by johnthebaptist

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Lord also commanded us to “ BE PERFECT, even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect”——- How’s THAT workin’ for ya?”

The Cross changed everything......The same Jesus that commanded us to obey the two Commandments that you mention, also changed the Commandments to “Believe and Love.”  You fail to “Rightly Divide The Word Of God.......” The ascended Christ revealed things through Paul that He did not reveal in His Earthly Ministry to Israel.....

I try to obey all the commandments. I don’t add to them. When we sin we bring trouble into our lives.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Well let me try again.

What happens if you love the lord with all your heart mind and soul, and your neighbor as yourself, and all the plants and animals as your neighbors, and you die, and you were never born again.

A.) Answer.  = Heaven won't be your final destination, it'll just be your date with your eternal judgment.

So, what im showing you, is that  you can be a very religious lover of God, and also have deep feelings for the idea of Jesus dying for humanity, but still have not been born again.

This world is filled with religion and religious do-gooders, who can quote verses, have big Leather bound bibles, and sit smilingly on the front pew every Church Sunday, and never have they been born again.

"you must be born again"  to become a part of God, and Him a part of you, and following that, you live holy and love Jesus, but not to be saved, but because you ARE Saved.

Big distinction.   Massive.

If you obey the Lord's commandments, I believe you  HAVE been born again. I don't believe anyone waits at heaven's gate who says, "You obeyed the Lord, but we have you on a technicality, so you don't get in."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I try to obey all the commandments. I don’t add to them. When we sin we bring trouble into our lives.

True.....Sin always brings trouble into our lives.Who wants trouble ? Only a Fool would desire trouble.For that reason , we should always strive to obey the Commandments .The more one obeys  God the more blessed one’s  life will be.

That being said, Law-Keeping is great but it is NOT the means to get saved or stay saved......Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus NOTHING , RESTING in the Gospel Of Pure Grace is the Way to Salvation.Once a person becomes Saved by Believing the Gospel, God will put His Spirit in them and they will “ find” themselves obeying God Without trying so hard...... “ The Righteous by  FAITH shall LIVE.” Our task is to Believe the Promises Of God- specifically ( 1cor15:1-4 ) -The Promise That Jesus made that will save us this side of the Cross.The Gospel- revealed to us by Paul .That Gospel is not what we do for God — it is what God had done for us! REST in it and it alone.A welcome side-effect Of Trusting in the Gospel and obtaining the Holy Spirit is that your “ Commandment-Keeping” Performance  will improve. It’s a Paradox.When one stops worrying about their “ Performance”.......Performance improves ...Personally, I am so impressed with Jesus Performance , I don’t pay much attention to mine ......God Bless.... 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 2/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Hey, I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.  I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t  really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago. 
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and  begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.  
is there any advice out there?
This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

Hi Wujo86;

I think many sincere Christians wounder the same thing, or go through a similar phases where they wounder if they are truly saved, and its perhaps because they know that they are sinners, feel guilty, ashamed, and maybe are still living more for the world than for God and so the doubt comes to set in . The thing is if you keep seeking God and desire with your all to be close to God and have a daily active relationship with Him, He will keep on drawing you closer and closer to Him and you will keep growing and growing in Him.  Don't worry so much , just keep trusting the bible and rely on it more than on your own feelings, as feelings are what the devil has fun with to mess us up, so place all your faith in Him and His Word, and He will help you grow more and more into His image.

In Christ Jesus Always; 1to3

Meditate on These Things

Philippians 4:6-8

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. .

Jeremiah 29:13

12Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and places to which I have banished you, declares the LORD. I will restore you to the place from which I sent you into exile.”

Matthew 7:7–8

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh
findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus doesn't have to repeat himself

Blessings John

Well,Jesus Does'nt have to DO anything for that matter but He Did,Does & Will Continue to simply because He Loves us.He Does not really have to do anything because His Work on the Cross was FINISHED

Now,back to the importance of Understanding that the Perfect Will of God is ALWAYS Confirmed by 2 or 3 witnesses and this is exactly what we see here in what you interpret as repetition.Often what seems to be repetitive is simply Confirming the Word of God by the Word of God....the references given were of the same account told by 2 different witnesses.The same thing is said from a different perspective for the purpose that you/we  may Understand

Also,you're right,our Precious & very Patient Lord & Savior does not have to repeat Himself so whenever He does it is to emphasize the importance of the message........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 2/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, Wnj086 said:

Hey, I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.  I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t  really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago. 
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and  begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.  
is there any advice out there?
This torments me. I want to be sure!!! 

Blessings Wnj

Welcome to Worthy & very nice to meet you,glad you are here!

You've asked a great question & I hope you will Receive some encouragement & Peace with what I share with you....

For starters,recollecting the exact day,date & time is not as important as the fact that you remember this Glorious Event took place at summer camp-my friend,my remembrance of the day of my Salvation is not even that precise...I know the time & place I KNEW Jesus came to Save my life & yet I am not quite so sure about when I was Born Again.Like you, I used to struggle with the spirits of fear & doubt because the enemy simply does not want us to Know WHO we ARE in Christ Jesus....our Lord Has not given us a spirit of fear .....

2 Timothy 1:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

WOW! The enemy most certainly does all he can do to prevent you from Receiving the Knowledge of the Power in you that has already defeated him!

Many Christians go through exactly what you and I have experienced and the yearn to "feel" something-some do,some don't-often we do & then there'll be silence & you FEEL nothing.Receiving Gods Blessed Assurance is much more than feeling,it is Knowing .Faith come by Hearing the Word of God and Wisdom & Understanding Comes by the Power of Holy Spirit,STILL it is knowing what you Know and that is not WHAT you know but WHO you Know

When I was but a babe in Christ I had many many "feelings"/spiritual experiences,I FELT like I was floating on a cloud & soooo tuned into my spirit that I wanted to shout from every rooftop....it was so very simple,I asked & BAMM,I Received with the Eyes of my heart .At that time I was so Blessed to have wonderful Born Again MATURE  mentors that kept my feet on the ground,guiding me in the right direction at every corner and urging me to test the spirits at all times by the Word of God....the emphasized the unequivical importance of learning to stand on the Postion of Victory,solid ground,the Word.....they told me over & over to stand on what I know & not what I feel.

Of course I was never discouraged from Embracing those Spiritual experiences but to be very careful & diligent in Confirmation.Suddenly,it all stopped,I couldn't hear or FEEL a thing ! At first I was down trodden,I almost thought God Had Left me but because all the while ,under good teachings,I did Know What the Word of God Says & it was Impossible He would leave me.....In constantly feeding my spirit with the Living Word & seeking Gods Face with all my heart ,soul & mind I also was Given Wisdom & Understanding that kindergarten was over,I had graduated to the next level of my walk of Faith!

So,for me it was very much like when a baby is learning to stand & walk,they are unsure of themselves without feeling their mothers hands to hold them steady,when baby is ready the mom let's go.....thats my best analogy && it isn't that way for everyone but the point of it all is that you will Receive Gods Blessed Assurance as you gain Wisdom & Understanding of the Word of God-it is a Knowing & not a feeling,so never doubt Gods Word,there are many many verses of Scripture to tell us who is Born Again & who is not.....through them seek God & build your Relationship in Christ Jesus                                                                                With love-in Christ,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Member was active 2/6/2o - 2/24/2020, with one post to their account. Answers will be short and concise. 

Replying to old or un-active post is not against the tos. People whether they are members or not, do not have to be logged in to read threads, only if they wish to reply to a thread or start one. It is my understanding that only this little section is unique in regards to the rest of “Do you want to just ask a question?” forum. Those asking questions are not able to respond to those replying to the question. And that only those who have been here for some time, are able to answer questions in this section.

Its not hurting anything to reply to an old thread. As a matter of fact, a newer reply might be the answer someone else who is visiting needs. A lot of times people will come across an old thread through a search engine, (google, bing, yahoo, etc. . ) and feel led at the moment to contribute to the discussion. Also, at the bottom of thread pages are links to more threads that have a similar topic to the one that is currently being viewed. Sometimes people open those, and see something of interest that they feel led to respond to. Don't worry about whether the opster is or is not going to see the response... someone else may be helped by it. Just respond as if it was a new post.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, appy said:

Replying to old or un-active post is not against the tos.

So, you're rebuking me and saying my response was wrong? Duly noted. 

• Haha 1