LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

For those of you who attend a church on Sundays.  If you are sick or snow in or something happens that you can not attend.  How do you spend your Sunday mornings?   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

For those of you who attend a church on Sundays.  If you are sick or snow in or something happens that you can not attend.  How do you spend your Sunday mornings?   

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, then
coffee, then more coffee.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

So, I am sick today. I am home. I am writing to you, drinking a cup of coffee, praying, thinking about my brothers and sisters in church, memorizing God's Word because I love to---not dwelling on how yukky I feel---and not dwelling on my sins, but confessing them to Jesus and thanking him that he already died with them on the cross. 

If you are home bound today, I wish you well sister and hope God blesses you. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

I do not attend a Church so my Sunday's are like any other day of the week. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

So, I am sick today. I am home. I am writing to you, drinking a cup of coffee, praying, thinking about my brothers and sisters in church, memorizing God's Word because I love to---not dwelling on how yukky I feel---and not dwelling on my sins, but confessing them to Jesus and thanking him that he already died with them on the cross. 

If you are home bound today, I wish you well sister and hope God blesses you. :)

I am home sick today as well.  I debated rather to go this morning or not. I thought it best not to make others sick.:31:

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

20 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I am home sick today as well.  I debated rather to go this morning or not. I thought it best not to make others sick.:31:

I wish folks had that mentality. Going to church or work etc when you are sick just makes others sick, if you are still in the contagious stage. For older folks, that can be life threatening.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I go to church at night. So if I miss it for being sick, I dont get to sleep in. I may nap, but typically Im just watching tv.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

Listening to music while I doze. 

Now there's a man after my own heart. My day isn't complete without music. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

46 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Now there's a man after my own heart. My day isn't complete without music. 

Or for me, a heavy dose of doze.

--------------

Can't imagine my becoming so selfish again as to not give encouragement to a pastor by attending a church, some church somewhere, as led by God, and being  a part of the body of Christ somewhere; and participating somehow, even if it is just to come in and clean up some or dong a bit of volunteer maintenance, - as this old body allows.

Fortunately, I am not often ill with anything contagious to others. Thank you Lord for that.

My actual physical presence in corporate worship and fellowship, with saints that encourage me and pray for me as I pray for them also, is at three churches at this time. I attend two when in the city, one on Thursday the other on Sunday  and then catch up on the third  in the mountains  on their website come Wednesdays.

I am so impressed by the worship and fellowship at a Messianic group where I attended recently,  one of the churches that had invited George and Rivka Whitten to sing, dance, and speak,  that I am trying to figure out  if I might be missing something by not attending it on Friday's and or Saturdays.

I do listen  by taping  Pastor Youssef out of Atlanta which is on cable tv  on Sundays. There are also archives of sermons from the church where I attended for some 20 years that I use as a very frequent resource.

In addition a few meetings are available to me that I am not presently taking full advantage, a Friday morning men's prayer and message and fellowship group, and  some Wednesday night ACTS classes taught  by elders at one of the churches. I perhaps should start up, but  they are  of a continuing  semester type format, and my travel splits up my attendance. Since they are not  available online later I miss out, have blanks in the lesson pattern and tend to get rather lost in them.

Boy what  joy is available. It is amazing, so awesome is our God.

There is just so much that is lifting to my spirit, a nugget  of praise to God, a lesson  of how to make personal application of a passage of the  word that I have a hard time understanding when anyone says I don't attend a church. I feel so sorry for anyone in that circumstance. I was there once,  may God keep me from even making myself that lonely,  separated from fellow saints, ever again.

The great bonus for me is that attending keeps my from the trap that  TV is to me, and the silliness of so called reality shows  it sells ad nauseam as entertainment or news. What I still I suffer there is being a Rays Baseball and Lightning hockey fan.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,724
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

While in the city I have received e-mails that the mountain church has closed two weeks in a row due to ice. I assume they mean iced roads and not a lack of ice for beverages. Since I do not have dependable internet thee I guess I will just rely on my own archive of sermons spend time in worship with my spouse at home or perhaps walk down the community recreation center an dsee if they have functioning internet then I might be ablle to live stream one of thecity churches while at the rec-center. Maybe someone else will wander in, and we might then  have a little time of fellowship too.