• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/7/2020 at 3:48 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Behold,

I agree there is only one Body, and also one Holy Spirit that is clarifying truth to all the members of the Body. Do you remember the great moves of the Holy Spirit over the centuries, so much truth has been restored to the Body. We are so blessed as we don`t have to die for the truth of `full immersion,` or ostracised for receiving the Holy Spirit infilling, etc,  but so many believers in the past were, as they stood for the truth.

Now people do start organisations for many reasons. At first it was to gather around a truth revealed, however nowadays it is about gathering around a person, a leader of the organisation. And the main differences today is in regards to eschatology, as it is the last great truth to be restored.

regards, Marilyn. 

Hey Marilyn,

Yes, is a good thing that the Middle Ages are not still with us, as then we'd have Pope's burning us because we dont kiss their ring.   And its good that Calvin is long gone so that he can't have anyone else burned alive who disagrees with his "tulip" theology.

However, its not a good thing to have 300 Bibles that dont agree, scripturally,  and 500 Denominations that don't agree theologically, or get along literally.

Let me show you how the Devil laughs at bibles, every Sunday.   He watches the Pastor Teaching from a bible VERSION, that 70% of the congregation is not using, and they are sitting there wondering why the verse he just read from his VERSION,.... is NOT IN THEIR VERSION....its MISSING>......So, can you hear the confusion ?    Satan loves that, as he caused it.

Being Misguided Theologically=  builds walls between believers.    And these walls are raised as New Denominations..

Even on a Christian forum, you have no harmony, no theological agreement, and that is because the same thing that builds New Denominations  has also misinformed and misled and deceived those who belong to those denominations..  who are at odds theologically, with the other half. = let the forum fist fighting begin.

You can't even get Christians to agree on a forum, regarding WHAT KEEPS YOU SAVED.  As you are going to have the "fallen from grace"  crowed shouting down the Cross, and replacing it with ...."well, you have to keep those commandments, and follow that Torah, and don't forget that Law, and be sure to confess all those sins"...... verse the people who actually understand "the gift of Righteousness", the Grace of God, and "justification by faith", ALONE.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, P Jay said:

There is another topic floating around in my mind, and it's the idea that the Church is divided and disconnected.  There are times that I believe it is, but other times that I don't think it is.  It seems to be a fact to me that there are different churches that seem to interpret Scripture differently, and as a result they have different ideas about what it means to be  a Christian, and what it means to be a church.  There's the idea that a divided house will soon fall gives me concerns because I hear many Christian leaders talking negative ab0ut other leaders or other churches.  It seems to me that some believe that one church is better than the other.  And this seems to be one reason for the division in the Church.  Is one church better than another?  Or is it good to have diversity among the Believers in Christ?

God has divided the Bride of Christ Jesus  from the beginning. If He had not the church would still be at Jerusalem with it's body financially destitute or more likely it would have become extinct.

There are indeed individuals that interpret scripture differently, and many individuals that find their own understanding being modified as they mature in Christ Jesus. Iron sharpens iron, often bringing understanding that leads to  new worship activity that glorifies God.

The body of Christ is not divided, it is diverse. Negativity  is a trait of natural man in general one which the Holy Spirit endeavors to overcome in each man who otherwise would not be able to withstand Satan and his many antichrists who are among us even today.

I suggest that some church are better than others. God inspired John at Patmos to write of that in commendation and in condemnations. But each serves the good purposes of God as He leads each individual by the Holy Spirit. Some individuals being led to and through several very different church bodies as they each become more matured in their sanctification. The differences being a good thing not a bad one for they each serve out God's will. I further suggest that the diversity also winnows out some that then sit at home and pout or even deny God's will for them; and even that is a good thing too; for then the local bodies of Christ need not for long suffer them and their discordance. God the Holy Spirit does bring many back to a local body  after a period  of their suffering their hermitage. They then tend to have a much greater appreciation for the local bodies and what  good purpose they serve under Jesus  as His church

Diversity serves the purpose of God bringing discomfort that does lead  to dispersions of the saints, and through dispersion  the word of God spreads about.

The disciples  dispersed. They even quarreled, and asked who is the greatest among us? John within his accounts pokes at Peter a bit, calling himself the one Jesus loved.

Yes it is good , it is grand even though stressful, as it leads to individual growth in understanding and in doing the will of God. The church bodies provide second and third opportunities for individuals to  hang on and grow in their understanding of what it is to be  a bond-servant of Christ Jesus. Right now I associate with three  quite different local bodies, and hang  my own membership with one, while  being in submission to the elders at each as they administer under Jesus.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

So, was that careful enough for you? It is easy to say "all of them" and "none of them". and thus you create "them" and "us". You become the very thing that you are speaking against.

500 extant denominations does not prove that diversity is a good thing.  It only proves that there is too much misinformed Theology related to self righteousness.

Everything about God is related to "ONE".  One GOD. ONE spirit, ONE mind of Christ,  one body, one Bride, one Savior, one doctrine, one church, one Gospel.... so, your idea that diversity is theological evolution, is unbiblical tho its quite secular and politically correct.   Its the fact that carnal men trying to diversify the bible into 300 versions and 500 denominations is exactly the wrong thing to do, as the more you diversify Christianity, the less unity you find within it.    

Here is how God set it up... One Savior, One Bride, One Gospel, One Way to Heaven, One doctrine, One Church.. Then the devil came in, and evolved it into the Theological  mess you have now. = 500 denomination that DON"T AGREE and 300+ Bibles that DONT AGREE.

The only diversity you find in the NT< is that God allows ALL to come to the Cross, and the gifts of the spirit are not all given in the same way to everyone..

Hebrews 13:9 explains the problem. The problem is that there are too many man made Pastors and too man man made denominations, that are predicated upon, built upon, the simple fact that Hebrews 13:9 was not obeyed from the beginning.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

God has divided the Bride of Christ Jesus  from the beginning. If He had not the church would still be at Jerusalem with it's body financially destitute or more likely it would have become extinct.

There are indeed individuals that interpret scripture differently, and many individuals that find their own understanding being modified as they mature in Christ Jesus. Iron sharpens iron, often bringing understanding that leads to  new worship activity that glorifies God.

The body of Christ is not divided, it is diverse. Negativity  is a trait of natural man in general one which the Holy Spirit endeavors to overcome in each man who otherwise would not be able to withstand Satan and his many antichrists who are among us even today.

I suggest that some church are better than others. God inspired John at Patmos to write of that in commendation and in condemnations. But each serves the good purposes of God as He leads each individual by the Holy Spirit. Some individuals being led to and through several very different church bodies as they each become more matured in their sanctification. The differences being a good thing not a bad one for they each serve out God's will. I further suggest that the diversity also winnows out some that then sit at home and pout or even deny God's will for them; and even that is a good thing too; for then the local bodies of Christ need not for long suffer them and their discordance. God the Holy Spirit does bring many back to a local body  after a period  of their suffering their hermitage. They then tend to have a much greater appreciation for the local bodies and what  good purpose they serve under Jesus  as His church

Diversity serves the purpose of God bringing discomfort that does lead  to dispersions of the saints, and through dispersion  the word of God spreads about.

The disciples  dispersed. They even quarreled, and asked who is the greatest among us? John within his accounts pokes at Peter a bit, calling himself the one Jesus loved.

Yes it is good , it is grand even though stressful, as it leads to individual growth in understanding and in doing the will of God. The church bodies provide second and third opportunities for individuals to  hang on and grow in their understanding of what it is to be  a bond-servant of Christ Jesus. Right now I associate with three  quite different local bodies, and hang  my own membership with one, while  being in submission to the elders at each as they administer under Jesus.

I really like what you wrote.  Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

Unto the angel of the church of  write...He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh

Ever notice all the letters start off to the "organization" yet all end with "the individual". 

I have heard many say the church is  "raptured away" AND  so disappears from the rest of the Rev, but no one seems to consider that WHEN SATAN is cast to the earth to deceive the whole world, the "churches" will BECOME his (the great apostasy) and it will become an individual who takes the mark or not.  To get around this man has given the church AN AGE and giving it an ending here on earth and DIVIDED THE BODY OF CHRIST BECAUSE there are different duties expected by different groups, and as such the body of Christ has become the gentile church???? who is not appointed to suffer wrath (making wrapsure even worse), divided from house of Israel, those who have duties to perform, and  house of Judah, who ARE to suffer wrath for rejecting Christ,  WHICH divides the ONE BODY fitly put together.

All 7 churches teach  different things.  You either believe they were the churches of the time and area, the dispensations of the church eras, or they are what is happening today or whatever.  BUT one thing is true.  Only two are/were approved of.  Knowing that,  how is it almost NO ONE is teaching that stuff?  Some how, that has become the most disregarded, kicked to the curb, don't talk about, don't teach messages.   Just look around on these forums.  See any discussions about the synagogue of Satan?  Are we in the end times?  Everyone agrees with that,  at least. Yes, Satan is hard at work with the bait and switch or the KEEP them on the bottle,  never give them meat to grow on diet clearly directing to  EVERYTHING else BUT what will save the souls from deception FAST approaching? 

Matthew 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Here is a CHURCH.  It will be here.  This church, according to some teachings, must have only Scattered sheep attending it.  Possible? with God all things are but probable not,OR all the churches will be here and currently you are in one of the 7.  

Ttake Smyrna, how well IS it being taught? 

Smyrna, not just a place, but a type of FIG.  I  ask the question that actually started my study of the WORD of GOD and the realization that the Holy Spirit didn't "give" me GODS TRUTH upon either faith, belief or baptism but absolutely gives revelations of Gods Truth when SEEKING it out in the WORD "What was the "fruit" eaten in the garden"?  

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

If you believe they ate a fruit, you must at least believe it was A FIG.  Ever wonder if THIS is around the start of the parable of the fig tree?  THE first thing they did WHEN SIN CAME INTO THE WORLD?  The parable that Christ said

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. (Seems Christ didn't know he was to come "rapsure" anyone as if this information would be necessary if no one would be here, but I digress)

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The good and evil figs

Jeremiah 24:1 The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

Jeremiah 24:2 One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

Jeremiah 24:3 Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

Jeremiah 24:4 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Jeremiah 24:5 Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.

Jeremiah 24:6 For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.

Jeremiah 24:7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 24:8 And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the LORD, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:

Jeremiah 24:9 And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Jeremiah 24:10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

Christ cursing the fig tree

Mark 11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

Mark 11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Mark 11:15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

Mark 11:16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

Mark 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mark 11:18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

Mark 11:19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.

Mark 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Mark 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, HAVE FAITH IN GOD. 

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.  18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.  19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.  20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (DON'T NEED TO BE RAPTURED, NEED TO PUT ON THE GOSPEL ARMOR)

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

The synagogue of Satan.

Say they are Jews, but are not.  Can't hardly tell them apart.  But they went and inhabited the land that God is to give to his people. They infiltrated and became the scribes to the church where at one time there wasn't even one Levi by bloodline amongst them  and they have been working their way everywhere, ever since.  

Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Matthew 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Matthew 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

Matthew 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

Matthew 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matthew 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.