• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.66
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0

Personal opinion:

Fear and panic seems to have gripped the world with the onset of the coronavirus.
But did you know that the word "fear" or "afraid" appear 365 times in the bible.
That's one for every day of the year.

King David said, "But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in You. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?"
Psalm 56:3 (TLB)

And God says, "Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 (TLB)

Question: If we fear contracting this virus, are we, in effect saying, that God does not know the situation, and/or He is unwilling to act on our behalf?

no_photo.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

I say "amen" to your comments.

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,304
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Daily verse and quote said:
Question: If we fear contracting this virus, are we, in effect saying, that God does not know the situation, and/or He is unwilling to act on our behalf?

Fear permeates the news, forums, and friends.
I can only keep saying, God is still on the throne!
God is Light. His promises are true. All of them.
Trust in the Lord. He will never leave us or forsake us.
I will heed suggestions offered here and from others.
And leave the  results with God.
And rest in His peace........

Thanks, Daily verse..

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,554
  • Content Per Day:  2.68

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

As Christians we should have no fear, our bodies are going to die one day anyway. Our Lord gave us common sense, discernment and a spirit of self preservation. We know not the day nor the hour of our deaths, but it's inevitable, save for the Rapture. We could be involved in a fatal car accident rushing to get that toilet paper before it runs out. The point being; the Lord is in control, nothing happens without His permission [think Job], according to His plan and purposes. As a Christian, the following two verses give me hope and comfort in times of trouble and when I don't understand.

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 3 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I think the best thing FDR ever said was, "there's nothing to fear but fear itself". We should be noticing what is coming upon the earth now in frequency and intensity, and not be surprised. We're plainly told in the Bible what the end-time generation is to expect, pestilence being just one of them. One final thought, do we see that day approaching?

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

Dennis 1209,

Your bible quotes are appropriate to the topic,

and your reasoning is "right on".

Thanks! Blessings!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

I think one would have to define what one means by fear....     Quite honestly I'm having trouble getting people's attention to even get them to wash their hands and some to even cover their coughs...    not exactly a panic situation around here.....    but I would say that we seemed to have acquired a semi unhealthy desire for toilet paper...   and in some instances paper towels and Lysol spray disinfectant...     the only real panicking I see around here is by a few people that find it impossible to buy toilet paper...   of all things...

I personally don't think people are afraid of the flu nearly as much as they are of maybe running out of food....     My wife is one of those people that doesn't even buy a new bottle of spray cleaner until she's squirted the last squirt from what she has.....     But as her loving husband I actually found her some Lysol disinfectant this afternoon....   and I'm sure God hid that last one down on the bottom shelf where was hard to see....   just for her...

Being a survivalist, I hope people can understand why I see a good bit of humor in all this because of the ridicule I've suffered over the years.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

no_photo.png

I think being concerned about the coronavirus and taking precautions such as washing our hands and whatever else one thinks needs to be done is just being practically wise not fearful. After all in Leviticus 13 God himself tells the Israelites to quarantine sick people and tells the sick to warn others they are ill.(Even scientists admit that was the invention of quarantine- nobody had a clue about germ theory until thousands of years later as you know.) God was telling them to be concerned and take action. He wasn't telling them to panic or not rely on him.

God protected those Israelites by giving them knowledge that no one else on earth had or even could have in those primitive times.

God will certainly always act on a believer's case but he can do it in many ways; such a inspiring medical researchers to make drugs or causing the coronavirus to be supernaturally stopped from hurting a believer.

Pray both that Christ will protect us from the coronavirus and that he will give us an effective antiviral.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

Frear or not. I still think everyone should be washing their hands.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  979
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,946
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

No.

Not anymore than if I get the virus it means I am not born again.

God  makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

We are told not to put God to the test....    by Jesus himself....      

God gave us common sense (well at least some of us) and if we ignore that common sense to avoid this virus and expect God to protect us, I would think that would be putting him to the test.....   

• Thumbs Up 2