• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Italy     80,589     total deaths 8215      "Covid-19"    80,589 / 8215 = 9.80

World wide flu low count Oct to March:  390,000 hospitalizations   23,000 deaths.     390,000 / 23,000 = 16.9

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

19 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Italy     80,589     total deaths 8215      "Covid-19"    80,589 / 8215 = 9.80

World wide flu low count Oct to March:  390,000 hospitalizations   23,000 deaths.     390,000 / 23,000 = 16.9

May I ask what your point is?That is one month for Italy.....with over 3,000 currently in critical condition

There simply is not enough data or enough time to calculate with any certainty

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, warrior12 said:

This thread is mainly about updates to people from all over to describe the situation in their part of the world or country.  It is not for fear mongering or such, but as this situation is live, we can get a general idea of how people lives are being affected and are their goods and services available to them.

I just went out to get some fruits and maybe pickup a few cans of whatever that can be last for a while on the shelve at home.   Well all the toilet paper are gone. Yesterday there were places that you can still find the expensive brands around, but they are all gone and the bleach and hand sanitizes are disappearing too.

Some grocery and vegetables I see are not restocked as yet and well I guess will have to wait till my next visit to see the updates.  Don't know if this is a panic buying and things will eventually return to near normal as people can only horde so much .   This is in my little quarter in Toronto, where the virus spread is starting to pick up pace.  

Lets hear how you are doing and your shopping supplies availability.

When the Creator,  Yahweh,  God,  provided to the prophet,  and to the 5000,  etc,  in His Word,  

and even 'famously' through Joseph's giving the Pharoah the proper interpretation of Pharoah's dream when no one else could,

and when Yahweh's chosen man,  a man after His Own Heart,   declared "I have never seen the righteous forsaken'  ,

as repeated in the book of Hebrews:   "I Will never,  no never,  not ever abandon you nor leave you helpless...... " 

WHO was THE ONE TRUSTED ?  

WHO does JESUS say to TRUST ?   (every day)

WHO do all the animals on earth look to for their daily provision of food ?

4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

There simply is not enough data or enough time to calculate with any certainty

We have a greater amount of time for the flu calculations; from Oct to March it's killed 16% of hospitalizations.

Therefore all this 'crisis' should surely happen every year... 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

3 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

We have a greater amount of time for the flu calculations; from Oct to March it's killed 16% of hospitalizations.

totally false....God help us

the number of deaths/flu hospitalizations is estimated to be in a range between .06 and .085 percent

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

1 minute ago, Godismyloveforever said:

This is concerning Hepatitis A.  Every stat  below would be zero if people LIKE ME were vaccinated for Hepatitis A.  Every time I see a news story about an Hepatitis A outbreak because for example someone with it sneezed at a salad bar, I am so amazed that so few Americans have been vaccinated for Hepatitis A.  People condemn those not doing enough to stop the spread of Corona Virus, but have not taken responsibility to protect themselves and others by having Hepatitis A vaccination are in no position to comment on what others are doing to prevent Corona Virus.

32 states have publicly reported the following as of March 21, 2020

Cases: 31,950Hospitalizations: 19,548 (61%)Deaths: 322

and just how are people supposed to get vaccinated for a disease with no vaccine?  totally irrelevant comparison... 

10 minutes ago, Jostler said:

the number of deaths/flu hospitalizations is estimated to be in a range between .06 and .085 percent

Where do you see that? That is the same page I got 390,000 from and now it shows 400,000. Simple math; 400,000 / 24,000 will give a percent; 16.

Yeah ok, reverse that, but either way, the page itself says that both "Covid-19" cases and flu are being grouped together, that is very odd if "Covid-19" is not the flu.

""**Influenza testing across the United States may be higher than normal at this time of year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. These estimates may partly reflect increases in testing in recent weeks and may be adjusted downward once the season is complete and final data for the 2019/20 season are available.""

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam
24000 / 400000
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

and just how are people supposed to get vaccinated for a disease with no vaccine?  totally irrelevant comparison... 

How did people get vaxxed for the last 117 years ?  (when vaccines were not known to prevent disease, and often led to sids, autism,  seizures,  and serious allergy to peanuts (unheard of before the peanut oil was introduced through vaccines into people's blood stream) ....

5 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I am sorry that you are taking offense to my trying to help educate readers at this site about doing something that can help prevent the spread of a contagious and deadly disease.  

One should do all they can to prevent the outbreak of a disease whether or not there is a vaccine. 

no argument there

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

34 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

Are you missing the reports that family members cannot visit covid-19 patients in the hospitals? That does not happen with the flu.

Did you see the reports that morgues have run out of room, funeral homes have run out of space, hospitals don’t have enough PPE to treat patients? This doesn’t happen with the flu. And the outbreak has not even peaked in some parts of the world.
Also, the fact that the flu does kill so many a year should be a reason to want to prevent Covid-19 from spreading since we already have our hands full with the flu.