• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

18 hours ago, LadyKay said:
  19 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

By the way,  I oppose all these mandatory shut downs.  

Blessings,

I'm not really sure how I feel about it ,to be perfectly honest.I can see an Agenda behind all of this but in any event it is a very real & present danger to the public- very difficult call,I'm sure glad I'm not the one who had to make that call                                                                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The new church body at Jerusalem did that, but to some degree out of confusion as to what was happening. They were going broke and had to start selling assets in order to remain there until they figured out what was going on and then return home.

The principle still pertains and is being followed even now, especially now.

Act 4:31-35

And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Reason for them selling possessions and sharing communally was because of the great measure of grace that was poured out upon the church in the beginning.  The church has only seen such grace manifest in isolated pockets at various times since then.

Beware of any who might try to make a law out of it though, and use guilt to pressure people, or even form cult commune groups doing a similar thing......because whatsoever is not of FAITH (ie, Holy Spirit) is sin.  Like the Pharisees manipulating widows to sell the roof out from over their heads and give them the proceeds.

Unchecked Copy Box 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,718
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

You don't like their finger lickin good chicken?

No!!! KFC is not fit for human consumption. Almost zero quality control.'nuff said. I survived it. Had to throw most of it away, glad I did too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

Reason for them selling possessions and sharing communally was because of the great measure of grace that was poured out upon the church in the beginning. 

I think it was because they had stayed put at Jerusalem, not knowing what was happening and what to do next. They did not return to their own places of residence. And just like today being away from home, work, trade, and assets they ran out of money. So they started selling what they had with them to help each other, plus they deeded over alnds and structures too.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

No!!! KFC is not fit for human consumption. Almost zero quality control.'nuff said. I survived it. Had to throw most of it away, glad I did too.

Calm down! I do most of my cooking at home. Got a chicken in the oven right now. ?

• Haha 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Calm down! I do most of my cooking at home. Got a chicken in the oven right now. ?

Will u spare me some bones.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:55 AM, Heleadethme said:

Reason for them selling possessions and sharing communally was because of the great measure of grace that was poured out upon the church in the beginning.  The church has only seen such grace manifest in isolated pockets at various times since then.

Hi,

I suggest that was not the practical reason. The reason was they were many miles from their own homes and had run out of money. They had not brought provision for an extended stay. They had a choice go home or stay, but they could not stay without money. Those that had access were led in faith to sell assets. Some sold even their own lands in order to stay. They shared in common all that they raised up.

That evil forces of Satan, cults, may imitate what  is Godly leading  of the Holy Spirit among the saints does not negate what God does with those He has elected to be called  to Him. It may be the very real challenge fo rthe saints today if this world wide scramble brings us to be running out of money in which to fund the doing of the church body. It will not make the church  of our Lord Jesus a cult. It will make us individual pray read th eword of God and then decide what is my call at this time. What does God want of me? And will  I do it?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

37 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

I suggest that was not the practical reason. The reason was they were many miles from their own homes and had run out of money. They had not brought provision for an extended stay. They had a choice go home or stay, but they could not stay without money. Those that had access were led in faith to sell assets. Some sold even their own lands in order to stay. They shared in common all that they raised up.

That evil forces of Satan, cults, may imitate what  is Godly leading  of the Holy Spirit among the saints does not negate what God does with those He has elected to be called  to Him. It may be the very real challenge fo rthe saints today if this world wide scramble brings us to be running out of money in which to fund the doing of the church body. It will not make the church  of our Lord Jesus a cult. It will make us individual pray read th eword of God and then decide what is my call at this time. What does God want of me? And will  I do it?

Oh I was just sharing what the bible showed was the reason.  The world often tries to imitate the work of the Holy Spirit, eg, communism....as do churches and cults that are likewise of the flesh.  We can do nothing apart from Him (His Spirit).....the flesh profits nothing....and ultimately all works of the flesh will not withstand the test of fire.   Even the righteousness of man is filthy rags to God and is fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  Fine to do what we need to do in practical ways to solve practical problems....as human beings we try to solve practical problems every day.....but it's important not to confuse that with God's works which glorify Him alone.  God's power was being poured out in a particularly powerful way in the beginning.....and really it robs Him of His glory to say that people were sharing all things in common out of practicality and that they were forced to do it out of need, rather than because the Spirit of the Lord was moving upon them powerfully.  Are you a cessationist by any chance?

56 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Are you a cessationist by any chance?

Only if you mean the USA should make California cede from the union of States called the USA.

I disagree that God's glory  is denied by practical concerns  for obedience to his word!

As to my own personal expository manner of learning God's word,  I am open to what the Bible states and the explaining of it by those that do have the wisdom  as well as the time to study deep into the word and practical lessons of history  in order to come up with and share of what God's word means.

Personally I find much fault with those that say  one must speak in tongues, and that one must speak in tongues to be saved or that one must  speak in tongues or they do not have the Holy Spirit indwelling them.

I also find similar fault with those that say  one cannot have the gift of the Holy Spirit of speaking in tongues. I do believe it must be in the manner that the Bible states, and in no other.

Further I believe that God gave me the freewill to act within His absolute sovereignty  over all aspects of my own life, that I had no choice but to turn about to Jesus as Lord God and savior when the Holy Spirit made His specific call to me to do so. It would have required insanity  for me to not obey that call by the Holy Spirit. In that senseI did not have freewill in even that choice.

God foreknew me by name. He predestined me personally. He gave me to His Son. His son has gathered me up by way of the Holy Spirit  to be of His flock. Jesus does not lose a one of His flock. God is absolutely sovereign over all matters without exception. God is not a crutch, He is not a doting grandfather. God is fearsome, His son is a mighty warrior. I am a soldier in the army of Jesus. I stand my post and I do what I am led to do in service to my Lord as directed to me by and through the Holy Spirit who is God.

God has called me to turn about, from being an atheist until about age 35, through a  Canadian Pentecostal missionary ministry  which led me directly to a verse by verse teaching independent Baptist church. Then He pulled me across country to a Covenant Church, and into very short service with Rev. E. V. Hill.  Then, back across country to a Church of Christ, a time of personal isolation from any church, then to a Community Chapel affiliated with  Grace Church ,and now to  a Calvary Chapel plus a church part of Church 29 movement, and also a local Messianic Christian synagogue.

At each congregation I found God blessings and the Holy Spirit present over all worship gatherings. In summary I never ever know where God will lead me, nor do I ever know why before I go where He leads. I only begin to learn once my service is done at that post, and I am transferred on to new duty. Right now I associate with four churches, of I guess what I would call four different leanings including Messianic, Calvinistic, Calvin-Spurgeonistic, and  kind of Chuck Smith  Pentecostal. I find God the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit is with each .

I am taught at Sunday school classses for adults by Greek and Hebrew scholars. 

God blesses me beyond all my comprehension, for I never sought Him. Yet He called me.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Restaurants are losing a ton of money. Especially those who serve alcohol. Restaurants make a lot of money on alcohol. I wonder if the government will reimburse them? Grocery stores are doing a huge business. They can't keep the stuff on the shelves.