IGNORED

Gal 3:2-5 How did you receive the Spirit?

bcbsr

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Just show me this in His Word and I will accept it... if not I consider it outside of Scripture an cannot accept it

The largest revival on the planet today is in Iran, ...Jesus is coming to Muslims in their dreams and they are being "born again," ...they have never read the Bible, ...so then how do you explain that?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

one plants the seed and another waters it is God that gives the increase, a seed must have been planted at some stage to become born again.As with paul when Jesus spoke to him,paul must have known all to well what the christians were saying. a seed planted perhaps?.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,427
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

one plants the seed and another waters it is God that gives the increase, a seed must have been planted at some stage to become born again.As with paul when Jesus spoke to him,paul must have known all to well what the christians were saying. a seed planted perhaps?.

God tells us what the seed is 'The Word of God'...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

If one is not familiar with Scripture, they will pay for it  sooner or later.....

When Jesus was tempted in the Desert  by Satan, it is valuable to note that Jesus did not reflect on the things Satan mentioned (and you had better believe it- Satan KNOWS Scripture), Jesus did not argue with Satan....Jesus did not  debate with Satan.All Jesus did was quote three different times from the Book Of Deuteromity and it shut Satan up .

There is a Lesson here for us as Believers  ......If you want to have ready answers for “ your” accusers.....the “ enemies of the Gospel” and the “ accusers of the Brethern”— you had better get familiar with The Book and be a good student and an ample Divider, lest, as they Bible says, “ you will stand ashamed”......It’s entirely your choice.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Thanks 1

yes thats right,faith comes by hearing. could have been something said a long time ago.

54 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If one is not familiar with Scripture, they will pay for it  sooner or later.....

can you give me verse and scripture on that,.

4 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I can only imagine how many saints of God persevered without the benefit of the scriptures... times and places when bibles were banned and/or burned. I can only imagine that since He saved a wretch like me in the manner of His choosing that He has also saved others through time and space in a similar way. All glory belongs to Jesus Christ and no other.

well you in a place where the Bible is freely accessible ... so what will be you excuse to God for not studying it to know God 'by His Word'?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

On 3/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, enoob57 said:

My understanding of the subject thus far is the first and greatest commandment is to Love God with all that we are able and then we can love our neighbor as ourselves... it is the relational aspect to The Father, Son and Spirit that energizes us with His resource to love others as God loves us....

"on these two hang all the law and the prophets" literally.

The whole law can be summarized as love God and love neighbor. That is what Christ was saying, which is already stated in the law itself repeatedly;

Exodus 20:2-11 = Love God. Exodus 20:12-17 = Love neighbor.

Exodus 22:21 Exodus 23:1-9

Leviticus 19:9-34

Deuteronomy 10:16-19.

Psalms 15

Proverbs 21:3

Isaiah 1:11-20

Jeremiah 22:3-5

Zechariah 7:9-12, 8:14-17

Zechariah 7:12 and Matthew 7:12 are in context saying the same general thing! The same summation of the law.

If we love God, and know that God would prefer that we don't have any idols, then we don't have any idols, not for a reward, but because we love God.

This is therefore true for all the commands, if we love God, and know His commands, we are therefore motivated to obey His commands out of sincere love for Him.

Therefore all the commands are founded on love for God.

And the majority of all the commands are about how we treat others, this is true throughout the whole Bible, as shown above.

Therefore all the other commands literally hang on the two commands; "love the Lord your God" Deuteronomy 6:5, and "Love your neighbor" Leviticus 19:17-18

What Christ did is quote the law, summarizing it all with those two commands of the law.

And Paul teaches the same thing; Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14-24, 1 Tim 1:5.

Why should we love God? Because He loved us and demonstrated that love for us by sending His Son to die for us.

And we are further motivated by a belief that Christ did not just die but also rose from the dead. [2 Corinthians 5:15]

Motivated to obey God. Ephesians 2:10.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 3/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, enoob57 said:

My understanding of the subject thus far is the first and greatest commandment is to Love God with all that we are able and then we can love our neighbor as ourselves... it is the relational aspect to The Father, Son and Spirit that energizes us with His resource to love others as God loves us....

I have never read this in the scriptures. Is this something you have learned by some other means? Or is this a quote from a paraphrased version of the Bible?

This is what I find:

Deut. 6:4   “Hear, O Israel: dThe LORD our God, the LORD is one.2 5 You eshall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And fthese words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 gYou shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 hYou shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 iYou shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

• Well Said! 1

17 minutes ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

"on these two hang all the law and the prophets" literally.

The whole law can be summarized as love God and love neighbor. That is what Christ was saying, which is already stated in the law itself repeatedly;

Exodus 20:2-11 = Love God. Exodus 20:12-17 = Love neighbor.

Exodus 22:21 Exodus 23:1-9

Leviticus 19:9-34

Deuteronomy 10:16-19.

Psalms 15

Proverbs 21:3

Isaiah 1:11-20

Jeremiah 22:3-5

Zechariah 7:9-12, 8:14-17

Zechariah 7:12 and Matthew 7:12 are in context saying the same general thing! The same summation of the law.

If we love God, and know that God would prefer that we don't have any idols, then we don't have any idols, not for a reward, but because we love God.

This is therefore true for all the commands, if we love God, and know His commands, we are therefore motivated to obey His commands out of sincere love for Him.

Therefore all the commands are founded on love for God.

And the majority of all the commands are about how we treat others, this is true throughout the whole Bible, as shown above.

Therefore all the other commands literally hang on the two commands; "love the Lord your God" Deuteronomy 6:5, and "Love your neighbor" Leviticus 19:17-18

What Christ did is quote the law, summarizing it all with those two commands of the law.

And Paul teaches the same thing; Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14-24, 1 Tim 1:5.

Why should we love God? Because He loved us and demonstrated that love for us by sending His Son to die for us.

And we are further motivated by a belief that Christ did not just die but also rose from the dead. [2 Corinthians 5:15]

Motivated to obey God. Ephesians 2:10.

I believe we are to look for The Holy Spirit to fulfill this in us as we strive of course -Paul did-

1 Cor 9:25-27

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV

but the ultimate reality with our own ability we fail... but God The Holy Spirit supplies so as to enable witness within to others outside

Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
KJV

This faith that Paul lived- 'by the faith of the Son of God'- The specific instances one in the garden where with blood Jesus resigned to the want/will of The Father and on the cross where the sin was placed upon him The Son with it resigned again to The Father 'into thy hands I (Jesus) committed His Spirit... the eternal nature of the price is seen and the completeness of the price paid....