Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Put on the new man. Not only put off the old man. As we reckon ourselves dead to sin. We also must now as a raise people submit ourselves to righteousness. We have risen with christ through faith in Gods raising Jesus from the dead. 

So paul says now seek the things above. We are in christ. Our lifes are his now. We live by faith in the son of God. These are basic doctrine of the scripture. All Christian's are a new creation in christ. Jesus is the second Adam. He is the head of the new creation. 

Paul said put to death all that is earthly in you. Because we are of heaven already. The first adam was of the earth . The second adam was from heaven. We are of the second adam now.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Coliseum said:

I was instantly drawn to the small portion you shared about the Red Sea Crossing. This metaphor about our salvation was dynamite for me. When Moses was commanded by God to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, he was leading them out of slavery into a land of promise. The real "getting out" of the slavery from sin was through Jesus. But let me continue. Every single Israelite that crossed the Red Sea was saved---not a little bit, not almost---but completely. Some had very little faith, and others, much---but every single one was saved the same. Why? Because it had nothing to do with the amount of faith, but rather the Object of their faith---Jesus Christ. They were not saved a little at a time. They passed from death to life. On one side of the Red Sea was death. The Pharaoh told his soldiers to either bring them back because "We lost their services" (what a nice way of putting it), or kill them. On the other side was life, and everyone passed from this side of the Red Sea to the other. Every single Egyptian died chasing them because they had zero faith---none. We too, when we are saved, pass from death, spiritually, to life---in the blink of an eye. There is no "Well, I'm trying." It is instant by the power of the Holy Spirit to regenerate us. That sister is the real getting out---

That illustration gave me a clue to what the late British Pastor, Martin-Lloyd Jones shared with a man who he asked, "Are you saved"? The man replied, "Well, I'm trying."  Jones said to his audience, "A nice chap, but one who does not even have the slightest clue what salvation is all about." God bless you, sister.

The land of promise is the land of resting from our own works and self-efforts.  All come to faith who receive Christ, they cross the Red Sea....but then there is the need to grow and mature.....the Israelites needed to trust and obey the Lord, following Him in the cloud and fire.  If they hadn't followed Him they wouldn't have been able to cross the Jordan and enter the land of promise.  Jesus said if you would be my disciples, take up your cross, deny yourself and follow me.  He also said to count the cost.....because after receiving Christ without cost to us, there are then things that WE need to begin buying, ie, pay the price to obtain....."buy the truth", and buy extra oil for our lamps (only the initial deposit was free).....remember the man who went and sold all he had in order to "buy" the field containing the treasure and pearl of great price.

2Co 13:9

For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

Heb 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Phl 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Perfection in the sense of maturity, ripeness, completeness.

Luk 14:28-30

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

This is a truth that is all over the scriptures....even Jesus saying that He is both the author and finisher of our faith.  He is both the foundation stone of the corner, as well as the capstone (topstone, finishing stone).

The Israelites did not cross the Red Sea and then put down stakes on the far shore....no, they had a journey to undertake in order to reach their destination which was the land of promise, they did not just sit around on their laurels and camp permanently on the shore of the Red Sea.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

sure I do it's recorded by Scripture :) 

"I the Lord changeth not."  

You are taking away many teachings of scripture....and there seems to be a penalty for that written on the last page of the bible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Put on the new man. Not only put off the old man. As we reckon ourselves dead to sin. We also must now as a raise people submit ourselves to righteousness. We have risen with christ through faith in Gods raising Jesus from the dead. 

So paul says now seek the things above. We are in christ. Our lifes are his now. We live by faith in the son of God. These are basic doctrine of the scripture. All Christian's are a new creation in christ. Jesus is the second Adam. He is the head of the new creation. 

Paul said put to death all that is earthly in you. Because we are of heaven already. The first adam was of the earth . The second adam was from heaven. We are of the second adam now.

Sadly there are those who will try to say that to seek the things above means we are trying to earn our salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

23 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:
3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Sadly there are those who will try to say that to seek the things above means we are trying to earn our salvation.

Blessings

I don't think anyone is saying DO NOT seek the things Above or that by doing so it means you are trying to earn Salvation,perhaps its a misunderstanding

What they are saying,emphatically,is that "feelings" could be very tricky,it might feel or sound or seem like it is a Word from God BUT,if it is outside of Scripture,even just a wee bit or a tiny little MORE THAN-then one had better look again    God Has not left anything out of His Word that needs filling in or adding to,we must pray Discernment and above all Confirmation by the Written Word of God

Also,Paul Said to put off what is earthly in you,this can never be accomplished by our best effort....but how then? We must have a renewal of the mind...the mind is carnal,temporal,based on our emotions,feelings.....this is the earthly that fades away when we begin thinking in Eternal Mindedness.....we cannot DO but we CAN feed our spirit with Gods Word,seeking  His Face and grow in Relationship with Him

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  16

a few years ago I had the Holy Spirit focus me on "The Gospel of the Kingdom".   I noticed that Jesus always said He preached the gospel of the Kingdom.   And I realized, that i think most of us in the modern, western Church hear the word gospel, and immediately think "born again"....gospel of salvation.  I wondered what the difference was.

It's a no brainer to think the gospel of salvation is fundamental....we can't even SEE the Kingdom until we're born again.  But seeing is not entering....and certainly not inheriting. There is more to the Gospel of the KINGDOM.  Much more.

So, i meant to  find out exactly what the gospel of the Kingdom was.  I surmised that if that is the gospel Jesus preached, then looking to His words was probably the best way to figure out what made the gospel of the Kingdom ..the gospel of the Kingdom.  What is the "distinctive" that identifies what it is?  How can I know when I'm preaching it? 

I read all the red letters....reading all the teaching that came directly from Jesus.  And when I got done, I had no clue what the gospel of the Kingdom was. 

Jesus taught on many things, and I couldn't  find a common thread that tied all His teaching together.   So I started over, and read all the red letters again.  But this time I noticed something....the miracles.  Oh my God the miracles....that is the ONLY thing that followed Jesus' teaching EVERYWHERE He went. No matter what He taught, or where, there was a display of heaven's power, touching the needs of men on earth, reversing and overthrowing the work of the devil against them in their lives.

And Jesus proclaimed "THIS gospel of the KINGDOM will be preached in all the world, and then the end may come."  That blew me away.  All my life I've heard that the gospel has to be preached in all the world before the end can come.  I've heard we have either seen that fulfilled or are very close.  And a LOT of good work spreading the gospel of SALVATION has indeed been done. 

Wycliff has translated the Word into almost every known tongue and even most dialects ....missionaries have penetrated the remotest tribes and brought the good news of salvation.  But the world has not heard the gospel of the KINGDOM.   The gospel of the Kingdom is not preached until the power of God witnesses to His Word with signs and wonders.

That is what is beginning ...right now.  Turning the miserable, blind, naked, self- satisfied Laodicean church that thinks it has need of nothing, having a form of godliness and denying His power.....into an army.  A mature Body capable of manifesting in this earth the FULLNESS of the stature of Christ...

till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

We've never seen that.  Not even in the early Church.  Though the early Church was much closer than we are today, even they did not reach full maturity before the decline set in.  But we will, and it will be in this generation.  He is determined to see to it.  In us.  In our day.

Jesus did not come to JUST save mankind from sin.  Yes, we are the nearest and dearest most important reason He died.  But He came to destroy the works of the devil....ALL of them.

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil

He will reverse the pollution of the spirit realms caused by satan's original rebellion.  He will redeem Adam's mistake and all that mistake cost his seed.  He will restore the union between the heavens and the earth as it once was in the Garden.  He will crush the usurper and his little faux kingdom and rule the nations He died for.  He will lift the groaning and longing for the revelation of the sons of God off His suffering creation.   He will judge sin, death and Hades and purge the earth by fire, and finally, manifest a new heavens, and a new earth where only love, righteousness and purity dwell. 

Once more the longing to walk with His sons and daughters in the cool of the day....in THIS realm....a three dimensional earth, will be restored to Father,  and satisfied.  With His whole creation restored to compatibility with His divine holiness He will again be free to presence Himself among us, and He will be our God, and we His people.  The earth will be restored to Eden...all of it.  And we will expand that dominion of righteousness to the stars.....of the INCREASE of His Kingdom there shall be NO end. 

But first, we have to recover....and preach....the gospel of the KINGDOM....in the whole world.

Saddle up.....  :)  it's gonna be a wild ride.

It will take dead men, walking in newness of life in Him, walking in the Spirit, and the Spirit does not walk with sin.

Even so, Lord Jesus COME!  Maranatha!

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

" God's promises are yea and amen. The problem lies in our unbelief, pure and simple. "  Amen.

"If you abide in my word then are you my disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

They said unto Jesus; we are Abraham's descendants and have not been the slaves of any man, how say you that we shall be made free?

And Jesus said; Verily verily I say unto you, Whosoever practices sin is the slave of sin. 

And the slave abides not in the house forever; but the Son abides forever.

If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:31-36

"For if the Spirit of Him that raised up Christ from the dead dwells in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also give life to your mortal bodies,

by His Spirit that is in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

For if you live after the flesh you shall die, but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live."

What kind of life and death is Paul talking about?

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:13-14.

"For there has no temptation take you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,

but will, with the temptation also make a way out that you may be able to escape" 1 Corinthians 10:13.

"Therefore leaving the elementary discussion of the doctrine of Christ, let us move on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,

and of faith towards God. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgement,

these we will do, if God permit." Hebrews 6:1-3.

"Hereby we do know that we know Christ, if we keep His commands [Luke 6:27-49]

He that says 'I know Him' and keeps not His commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:3-4

His commands are all about sincere love; sincerely loving everyone, and responding in loving ways; Matthew 5 through 7, Luke 6:27-49.

Therefore:

"He that loves not, knows not God; for God is love" 1 John 4:8

"Whosoever transgresses (disobeys the Torah 1 John 3:4) and abides not in the doctrine of Christ [Matthew 7:28] has not God,

whoever abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son." 2 John 1:9-10.

We begin with a belief, a belief that Christ died and rose from the dead. Romans 10:9

That belief motivates us to follow Christ; Romans 10:10,17; and to believe and hold dear the words Christ spoke; Matthew 7:21-28, John 14:21-23, 2 Corinthians 5:15.

That belief is empowered by the Holy Spirit of God who guides us towards godliness and holiness. Acts 2:38, Romans 8:8-14, Galatians 5:14-24.

Therefore "with the heart man believes unto righteousness" Romans 10:10

"we are Gods creation created in Christ Jesus for good works" Ephesians 2:10

"they that are Christs have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts" Galatians 5:24.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings

I don't think anyone is saying DO NOT seek the things Above or that by doing so it means you are trying to earn Salvation,perhaps its a misunderstanding

What they are saying,emphatically,is that "feelings" could be very tricky,it might feel or sound or seem like it is a Word from God BUT,if it is outside of Scripture,even just a wee bit or a tiny little MORE THAN-then one had better look again    God Has not left anything out of His Word that needs filling in or adding to,we must pray Discernment and above all Confirmation by the Written Word of God

Also,Paul Said to put off what is earthly in you,this can never be accomplished by our best effort....but how then? We must have a renewal of the mind...the mind is carnal,temporal,based on our emotions,feelings.....this is the earthly that fades away when we begin thinking in Eternal Mindedness.....we cannot DO but we CAN feed our spirit with Gods Word,seeking  His Face and grow in Relationship with Him

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I was alluding to things that have often been said in other discussions.

I agree with what you are saying about feelings and the human reasonings of the carnal mind, which is enmity with God and can't perceive the things of the Spirit.  The OP on this thread isn't talking about feelings though, it is a testimony of deliverance from a bondage of sin through the revelation of the word.  Those who are finding fault with that testimony are those who are in a camp that believe the Lord stopped talking to His people and doing miracles back in "bible days".  I certainly agree we need to test the spirits and test everything, as the word says to do.  That involves testing against the word of God......which we need to actually know and understand well enough to be able to do that....as well as to know our  God well enough to know what is consistent with His character and ways.

The OP didn't talk about receiving any kind of extra biblical revelation...he only testified that he received a revelation of something that is already in the written word.  Meaning that written word was made to come alive to him through the working of the Holy Spirit.  Bible says it is the entrance of the word into our hearts that gives light.  The same as how the gospel message found entrance and came alive in all of us who have come to faith in Christ.  Nevertheless the Lord still does speak to His people today.....He is a living Person, and His sheep do KNOW His voice (meaning experientially).

• This is Worthy 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Heleadethme said:

I agree with what you are saying about feelings and the human reasonings of the carnal mind, which is enmity with God and can't perceive the things of the Spirit.  The OP on this thread isn't talking about feelings though, it is a testimony of deliverance from a bondage of sin through the revelation of the word.  Those who are finding fault with that testimony are those who are in a camp that believe the Lord stopped talking to His people and doing miracles back in "bible days".  I certainly agree we need to test the spirits and test everything, as the word says to do.  That involves testing against the word of God......which we need to actually know and understand well enough to be able to do that....as well as to know our  God well enough to know what is consistent with His character and ways.

The OP didn't talk about receiving any kind of extra biblical revelation...he only testified that he received a revelation of something that is already in the written word.  Meaning that written word was made to come alive to him through the working of the Holy Spirit.  Bible says it is the entrance of the word into our hearts that gives light.  The same as how the gospel message found entrance and came alive in all of us who have come to faith in Christ.  Nevertheless the Lord still does speak to His people today.....He is a living Person, and His sheep do KNOW His voice (meaning experientially).

Amen!!!

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

28 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Blessings

Good,great-Praise Jesus! Now I might need to read what the OP was saying from the beginning,I did not... and I do agree with the rest of what you said as well....

So,I'll brb.......Okay,I read most of it and already I can see the point what others are trying to convey

My dear fellow saints, because of our unbelief, we have carved our a nice comfortable niche for  sin to remain in our lives and that cannot continue, even if they are small, socially acceptable sins. We have misunderstood grace. Grace..... real Biblical grace from God, is the very power we have been providen when he cd to be able to say no to sataomes tempting. EVERY TIME. And if we think temptations will not get worse, we are sorely mistaken. Our flesh, even one wanting deeply to obey our God, will fail us, and leave us in a place where nothing or no one is safe. 

We can cling to scriptures that assure us all will be well regardless, not understanding that those promises are in effect for us as NEW MEN, not as carnal men living rheir lives out in Romans 7. 

God has told us clearly. "Awake to righteousness and sin not." Is such a  thing possible? Of course it is, if Jesus is the one doing it in us, keeping is from falling. The word is clear. Are we listening?     Gideon

Im not sure about you but I get a very mixed message here,unless he is simply not saying in a way that could be well understood?All is WELL,I am not trying to be Saved or rescued by clinging to the Scriptures,is anyone here? We don not need to awaken into Righteousness nor are we brought into Righteousness as anything.We ARE the Righteousness of God in Christ by the Blood of Jesus,whether we remain carnal minded or not we are made Righteous by the Grace of God,God Sees us  Covered by the Blood,He Sees Jesus! We arre Holy,Blameless,Worthy,Spotless,without stain,wrinkle or blemish in the Eyes of God!

Now,if Gideon is speaking to the unbeliever,he's almost right,if not then he is undoubtedly sincere but sincerely wrong.....Jesus is not"doing it",it WAS DONE 2000+yrs ago                         With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1