• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm not a prophecy expert by any stretch of the imagination; but like everyone else, I have my own hermeneutics of Babylon spoken of in Revelation. Rather than write a long diatribe of my thoughts, perhaps a study of what Babylon was, what they did and their leader [Nimrod], would clear things up a bit? Babylon being the first and only global one world economic power [nation-less] as the Lord commanded to disperse into nations. That was brief :D

Sorry Dennis, I did not mean to label you as the prophecy expert, but was referring to all students of prophecy.   The verse below is what came to mind .  Its Mystery Babylon and not Babylon of the OT.  I know it's a complicated topic, but just threw it out to see if anyone had thought of it too.

Revelation 17:2    

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, warrior12 said:

Let's hear them.

At the end it will become the 1950's, many will live like Ozzie and Harriet. It might be wonderful to have values like that again be predominant in America if not the world. Civility will become appreciated, and not abused. People will care mor ebaout how tey appear to each other an dhow that reflects their love of Jesus.

Again it is revival- without the tent.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Sorry Dennis, I did not mean to label you as the prophecy expert, but was referring to all students of prophecy.   The verse below is what came to mind .  Its Mystery Babylon and not Babylon of the OT.  I know it's a complicated topic, but just threw it out to see if anyone had thought of it too.

Revelation 17:2    

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Naturally there's a lot of diverse opinions on this; but what I suspect...

I think this mystery Babylon is a unified system [political / religious]. With reference of Rev 17:2, the later part of the verse speaks in past tense and kings [plural]. To me it sounds like a historical track record that's going to repeat itself. 

Since the fourth century, is there a universal religious / political system that has influenced, swayed and controlled kings, nations and the population? Today, do we see a universal political religious system with 1.6 billion adherents, trying to gather her chick's back under her wing [ecumenical movement] having great success? A political / religious system that has cathedrals and churches in almost every nation on earth? Perhaps a history of violence, persecution and martyrdom of true born again believers by the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions? 

Fornication [G. 4203]: . Practice idolatry; a forsaking of the true God, and worshipping of idols. 2Chron. 21. Rev. 19Once is not enough: Is there a religion that practices the daily Eucharistic; that the wafer and wine is the actual flesh and blood of Christ, and must be practiced daily for Salvation? A religious system that worships Mary, and prays to the saints for intercession on their behalf, dismissing:

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Could it be said, the pagan practices of ancients Babylon have been handed down through the centuries to the present? Ancient Babylon were one people with one mind [a global government] under one person, Nimrod. 

Genesis 10:8 (KJV) And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. This also sounds like the precursor of the Antichrist [anti - instead or in place of].

Just my thoughts...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yeah, I've read all the books :D We're toast as soon as the 'dollar' is replaced as the globes reserve currency and / or oil is bought and sold in another currency or system. The only thing backing the 'dollar' is the good faith and credit of the United States. That's some credit; 25 TRILLION in debt. I think I'll pause a moment and count as fast as I can from 'one' to just one billion; and see how long it takes :D

I'm not sure that not being the world's reserve currency will make us toast...   it will make us live within our means and that may actually not be a bad thing....   move "all" our manufacturing back over here and balance the budget like each state and maybe keep us out of all these crazy wars trying to make people a democracy when they don't want to be...

As I understand it, it's in the works if we can manage to win back the house and keep the senate and White House....    we'll see.     But if God did put the President in that office and there are still as many good people in this country as I think there is, we should be OK...    Hopefully not the worlds only super power (except for nukes) and we can take care of our own business instead of everyone else's.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,150
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 4/2/2020 at 6:39 PM, warrior12 said:

A question maybe out of place ,but will ask it anyway.   Is mystery babylon signature anywhere in this crisis or of no bearing.   

Prophecy experts, what are your thoughts.

Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon [Satan] gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The one world govt. system is being set up offstage by Satan now. After the worldwide economic collapse during the Tribulation, Satan will turn the reigns over to the Beast that ascends out of the Abyss.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I so agree and pray with what SonShine said (Well, perhaps all this needful social distancing will bring us ever closer to Jesus.  May it be so—Amen). Today I was reminded of a song by NF. And I think because of the virus kinda fits?

You see the same God that we're sayin' might not even exist
Becomes real to us but only when we're dyin' in bed
When you're healthy, it's like we don't really care for Him then
"Leave me alone God. I'll call You when I need You again."
Which is funny, everyone will sleep in the pews
Then blame God for our problems like He's sleepin' on you
We turn our backs on Him; what do you expect Him to do?
It's hard to answer prayers when nobody's prayin' to you

Sad but only in hard times do we turn back to God. Nice to see more people around out side :) Allot of kids out side. Man when I was a kid.. no internet it was "GO OUT SIDE. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE".. really lol

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon [Satan] gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The one world govt. system is being set up offstage by Satan now. After the worldwide economic collapse during the Tribulation, Satan will turn the reigns over to the Beast that ascends out of the Abyss.

Is not this very time we are living in reminds of the verses below, that will take place in prophecy.  

What is this sorceries ?.  How does this come about, in what manner.  Who did this sorcery ?.

Revelation 18

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, warrior12 said:

Let me say upfront, if you don't want to participate ,then give the chance to those who wants to do so.  I know some would see this thread as planting fears ect., but that is not the case as there are many people who have thoughts about what societal changes that we may see in the future as a result of this.  Just sharing ideas, that's all. 

Ok, So we are in the midst of this crisis of worldwide proportions the is affecting everyone in the world right now. 

What changes or outcome do you think might be implemented as a result of all this social distancing and the rest.

I can see cash transactions truly being a thing of the past for one.   

The theme of working from home may get stuck with many employers and downsize of physical business may follow.

The medical field would be revolutionize in the name of getting ready for the next one

Many travel restrictions would be imposed and countries would take measures to make visiting more hectic, and mandate vaccinations ect.

Those are some of what I think.   I am sure there are many more that people have in their minds and have discussed with friends and families.  

Let's hear them.

Great topic and I sense that you are looking for practical ways in which our society will change, apart from the spiritual.  I have some more ideas to contribute:

• When PPE supplies get caught up, families will create their own stockpiles of hand sanitizer, gloves and N95s
  • Employers will see that some remote work is actually viable and will use that as an "excuse" to downsize and simplify their businesses (e.g.less of a physical footprint--think buildings); this could be both good and bad for employees
  • Public schools who are now being forced to use distance learning will find that it works in some cases and will save money, so more of it will continue, even after the crisis
  • Restaurants and bars will have to convince customers that their establishments are clean and that the employees are tested, so that trust is restored.  This will mean cleaner establishments (perhaps web cams in the kitchen areas to promote a sense of trust?)
  • Several big governmental inquiries about what could/should have been done better for the next one
  • The government will establish another branch to deal with pandemics, along with more funding
  • Governmental entities will establish strict protocols about what to do in a pandemic virus situation
  • Insurance companies will start to offer pandemic virus coverage
  • Brick and mortar stores that had already suffered will be killed off and there will much more online shopping
  • Malls will become vast empty cemeteries of pavement and concrete and will eventually have to be razed and turned into public green spaces
  • Churches will routinely open up their services and incorporate web cams and online options to their parishioners on a regular basis (even after the plague, many high risk Christians will not feel comfortable sitting in cramped churches)
  • Airlines will reconfigure their seats to allow for more spacing, which will increase airline tickets
  • Staggered work schedules for people in the cities will become routine to reduce the cramming effect on public transit
  • International trade will reduce as more emphasis will be placed on domestic manufacturing, especially of critical items (we can't match the labor costs of China, so the cost of these goods will increase), which could increase inflation a bit
  • New industries will be created by entrepreneurs 
  • Road traffic will decrease a little as some people tele-commute on a full-time basis, even after the plague

I could go on and on, BUT some of the changes are not bad.  So to throw a silver lining out there, our world will CHANGE, for the good or for the worse.  Could some of you smart people contribute more ways that our society could change post COVID-19?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Great topic and I sense that you are looking for practical ways in which our society will change, apart from the spiritual.  I have some more ideas to contribute:

• When PPE supplies get caught up, families will create their own stockpiles of hand sanitizer, gloves and N95s

As the title of the topic states, "Any Theory or Speculation", what I post here is just that and no matter how far fetch one may be think about future outcome, at present we can only use the tools that are around us, or if any with prophecy insights, please share.  So, I will post one of my theory, it is not conspiracy , but just plain theory that could come into play in the wake of this crisis.

Ever hear of the 4th Industrial Revolution.  There are plans to put the world into a different speed and modernization from which  we at at currently.  5G, will be a very important component of the wheel, but there are many more.  The "Universal Basic Income" program was on trial with a few countries in the last couple of years.   The handing out of money to "every" citizen in the USA, reminded me of an example of how this would be implemented.  See the article below for a brief view on the description of the program and the powerful men supporting it.

https://www.thebalance.com/universal-basic-income-4160668

A universal basic income is a government guarantee that each citizen receives a minimum income. It is also called a citizen’s income, guaranteed minimum income, or basic income.The intention behind the payment is to provide enough to cover the basic cost of living and provide financial security. The concept has regained popularity as a way to offset job losses caused by technology.Plans differ on who receives the income. Some would pay every citizen, regardless of income. Others would only pay those who are below the poverty line, whether they are working or not. One proposal would pay just those left jobless due to robotics, a plan that 48% of Americans support.1The government sends the check, but plans differ on who funds the income. Some plans call for a tax increase on the wealthy, while others say corporations should be taxed.

The Purpose of Universal Basic Income

In 1967, Martin Luther King Jr. said a guaranteed income would abolish poverty.2 That means reducing income inequality as well.Economist Milton Friedman proposed a negative income tax.3 The poor would receive a tax credit if their income fell below a minimum level. It would be equivalent to the tax payment for the families earning above the minimum level. 

In 2018, Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes outlined his plan in his book "Fair Shot."4 He argues that U.S. workers, students, and caregivers making $50,000 or less a year should receive a guaranteed income of $500 a month. “Cash is the best thing you can do to improve health outcomes, education outcomes and lift people out of poverty,” Hughes said.

Hughes’ guaranteed income is financed by taxes on the top one percent. It would work through a modernization of the earned income tax credit.To Hughes, it's the only solution to an economy where “a small group of people are getting very, very wealthy while everyone else is struggling to make ends meet.” Hughes said automation and globalization have destroyed the employment market. It’s created a lot of part-time, contract, and temporary jobs. But those positions aren’t enough to provide a decent standard of living.

Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates agree. They argue that automation has fundamentally changed the structure of the U.S. economy. Sir Richard Branson said a guaranteed income is inevitable.5 Artificial intelligence will take too many jobs from people. Elon Musk said robotics will take away most people’s jobs, so a universal income is the only solution.6

The snapshot below shows some of the program's many pros and cons that exist for countries who wish to implement a basic income.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Matthew 24

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, [b]pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

• Thumbs Up 1