• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I never said obedience is important because we get saved that way, it was some of you who assumed I meant that. And even after I said many times we don't obey to get saved. I'm trying to figure out if 1 of you woke up or if you're faking it. Perhaps you're sincere especially if you are now being chastened for every little sin you do. That started happening to me in the early 90's, but it took 10 to 15 yrs to become convinced I wasn't imagining it. So now you know why I say God cares about what we do and He doesn't want us sinning. In fact God wants the people of the world to know we are Christians just by watching us, without us saying a word. Once we do that we will have much greater success in getting others saved when we finally do speak.

And since I know you all want Jesus to return asap I might as well tell you His return is based on when enough souls are won for God. I don't know how we can win anyone for God unless they see we have something they don't. We must be different, we must stand out in a crowd. And the thing we must have is so great a love for each other that they can't help but notice it. Then secondly we must treat them with love even if they are cursing us out. Jesus was our example. When we do all this, people will get saved in droves and that will probably be the generation that gets to see Jesus and His angels return.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, JTC said:

I never said obedience is important because we get saved that way, it was some of you who assumed I meant that. And even after I said many times we don't obey to get saved. I'm trying to figure out if 1 of you woke up or if you're faking it. Perhaps you're sincere especially if you are now being chastened for every little sin you do. That started happening to me in the early 90's, but it took 10 to 15 yrs to become convinced I wasn't imagining it. So now you know why I say God cares about what we do and He doesn't want us sinning. In fact God wants the people of the world to know we are Christians just by watching us, without us saying a word. Once we do that we will have much greater success in getting others saved when we finally do speak.

And since I know you all want Jesus to return asap I might as well tell you His return is based on when enough souls are won for God. I don't know how we can win anyone for God unless they see we have something they don't. We must be different, we must stand out in a crowd. And the thing we must have is so great a love for each other that they can't help but notice it. Then secondly we must treat them with love even if they are cursing us out. Jesus was our example. When we do all this, people will get saved in droves and that will probably be the generation that gets to see Jesus and His angels return.

I agree our greatest witness is our personal obedience and devotion to God.  Like Paul said we are the living letters/epistles that all men read.   If we claim to be Christians but yet live contrary to what Christ teachings we are stumbling block to those seeking God.  They will see us just like the hypocrites of Jesus day that served God with their mouth but hearts were far from him.    Jesus said, why do you call me Lord and not do the thing which I say?  Let that sink in.  

Luk 6:46 KJV - And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Heb 5:9 KJV - And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, Flowersun said:

I also knew that Jesus died,crucified,rose,father,son Holy Spirit,as a non believer....but obviously didn't know if that was true or not..

But in his grace and mercy,revealed that truth to my spirit..by testifying it to my spirit...you do know the Holy Spirit,is "alive" don't you?.....he ain't dead!..

I believe it is God Himself that makes it possible for us to believe in Him. But without the Word/Truth, there is nothing to believe in in the first place. 
This for me was the most important to read. You knew the Word but didn't believe it yet until the Spirit testified to you that it was the truth.

A brother in Christ told me that in his early days as a christian he had an experience by the Holy Spirit testifying to Him by a vision. Next to the knowledge of truth, there was also this overwhelming experience of peace, which endured for a month. In the beginning, I didn't really know what to think of it. Now, knowing him better, how he is walking in truth and in spirit, I believe that his experiences were real and were from God and were there to help him on his way.

I pray that your experience will not become an axe between you and fellow brothers and sisters. But become something that encourages the members of the church of Christ. In Jesus' name, amen!

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

We must stop sinning 

Good luck with that.To me, Sinning is like sticking my hand in a fire.....I don’t like it......I try to avoid it .I always try to be obedient for selfish reasons......it seems like when I sin —— “ I” am He one who pays the price. It sure is a great thing that obedience is not the thing that saves us. Faith in the Gospel Of Grace gets that done .

When you find the way to “ stop sinning”, please share it with it with me. Meanwhile,when I sin, I will do the same thing with it that God does — put it on the Cross and leave it there .As far as my Salvation is concerned, it stays in tact.....nobody can “ sin and get away with it, however. I will have to endure any Chastisement God sends my way . Never forgetting to thank God  for His Amazing Grace That Saved me and continues to save me....I plod on.....secure in my Belief That God will keep His Promise to Save me to “ The Uttermost” I rejoice that God put the Onus of my Salvation on Himself.......I do and would continue to ruin things everyday.Once again, all I can do is thank God for His Grace......I’ll  leave it to  Those better than me to conquer Sin While living in a Body Of Flesh.....

Hi BB,

A few questions to be able to understand what you exactly mean.
- Do you belief that you should at least try to stop sinning?
- What do you mean by "when I sin, I put it on the Cross and leave it there".  What goes through your mind?
- "all I can do is thank God for His Grace", is that truly all you can do?
- "I always try to be obedient for selfish reasons.", never out of gratitude?

Edited by Wesley L
added 4th question
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Betha said:

Yes, Jesus dying on the cross and shedding His Blood for us is indeed the first most important step in reconciling us sinners back with God Rom 5v10....but we are saved by His Life, His resurrection ,

First of all, Its God that who you.    Philippians 1:6

And being reconciled to God is not the 1st Step, its the ONLY Step.

So you believe that your steps  have to be a part of God's Grace, then you are trying to save yourself., and are in fact "fallen from Grace".

Listen, i can quote many verse from the NT that talk about how we are to BEHAVE as the Born again, but i dont use these verses to try to discredit the Blood Of Jesus or the Cross.

Try to understand that when you misuse verses to try to add to the Grace of God, or Add to the finished work of the Cross, YOUR SELF EFFORT, then you have denied the Cross and have disrespected the Grace of God.

Salvation is not.....The Cross, + your works.      Salvation is not   The Cross + what verses you can find that talk about discipleship.

You are not saved or kept saved by anything you can literally do with your body......

God takes our Faith to give us HIS ACCEPTANCE, that is only based on the CROSS and the Shed Blood of Jesus.

Its the resurrection that proves that Jesus is the Messiah, but its  THRU the Blood Atonement that is the ONLY REASON that God receives you as HIS OWN.

Edited by Behold
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi BB,

- What do you mean by "when I sin, I put it on the Cross and leave it there".  What goes through your mind?

Hi Wesley......I am very happy to elaborate on some of the things that I have posted.....it may take a while.....I may just do one or two a day

I Believe that everybody should try to stop sinning.Obedience to God is vital. A Wise man is obedient- He knows  That doing the things that please God will bring about a blessed life.When a man is obedient, he is rewarded for it.Only a Foolish man is disobedient. He will suffer in his lifetime, paying the price for displeasing God. Most of these guys, if not all, are unhappy in their lives and don’t even know why.Their punishments are not always obvious- they are kinda “ built in.” Like my old teacher used to say, “ you can’t do wrong and get by”—— I think the reverse is also true , “ being obedient is its own reward”—- you can’t do right and not be rewarded for it ....

Yes, obedience is great.....It is a sign of Wisdom.It just does  not Save.  “ Christ died to save the unjust”. Seeing that you are a  Disobedient, Hell- Deserving Sinner is the KEY to becoming a Christian. “Nobody comes to God, lest the Spirit draw him.” The Spirit “draws” by the Conviction Of Sin. The Unregenerate man must see that he is a Sinner (  conviction) and “ Turn to God with Faith in Jesus (Repentance )  to get the Holy Spirit. That Spirit , given time, will Transform a person into one that “ finds themselves” doing the things that please God.Things such as Resting in God's Grace......that “ Rest” .....That Peace If Mind ......That feeling of confidence that the Finished Work Of The Cross has put you into the Body Of Christ where your Salvation is Untouchable, Spurs a Love for God, and that Love is the Source , the Secret Of you Obedience.

In this Age Of Grace, the main obedience to concern one’s self with is being obedient to the Gospel, 1Cor15:1-4. You “ obey” it by Resting in it.That means not adding to it.That means you don’t believe “ Jesus Saves, BUT” If one is not Resting in God’s Gospel Of Grace, you are in “ Unbelief” and “DISOBEDIENCE”

Anybody that harps about “ Obedience” had better make sure they are engaged in the Obedience that counts —Resting in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.I have concentrated on THAT, and I have discovered that just about everything else takes care of itself.....

I hope that explanation has helped answer your question .I will get to the others in a  bit.......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/13/2020 at 6:03 AM, Wesley L said:

Hi BB,

In regard to the second inquiry, When I sin, there are consequences in this life for sinning . If I am a Saved Child Of God , I can expect to be chastised for sinning......not to “ get me”, but to train me.....Just like a responsible Parent trains up a Child .....when my daughter does wrong- when she disobeys me-I discipline her......not because I get a kick out of it.....it is done for her own good, whether she understands it or not, or whether she likes it or not.God makes it clear to me ,as I make it clear to my daughter— “ you can’t do wrong and get by!”

As far as Salvation is concerned , things are  different. Good behavior did not get me saved and bad behavior won’t “ unsave” me.The only thing that saved me or anybody else that was ever saved was the Mercy , the Amazing Grace Of God.Salvation is a Free Gift —- available to all that turn to God with a Contrite  Heart and accept His manner of getting saved, which is RESTING in Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus .In return for one's Faith in His Son, God has Promised to cast your sins into the deepest depths of the sea, separated as far as the East is from the West— totally forgiven and totally forgotten. Jesus was the One Time Offering for  the Sins Of the World . God took every sin that has ever been committed and every sin that ever will “Be” committed and put them on the Cross. He leaves them there and so do I.Perhaps some feel better by taking those sins off of the Cross for some reason and putting back on themselves. By doing this, they show that they not believe God and His Word. He has Promised to put them on the Cross and leave them there — FORGOTTEN  ( “ I will remember their Sins no more” ) If That Works For God it sure as heck works for me! I will always pay a Temporal price when I am stupid enough to sin, but as far as my Salvation? I was never Saved for how I behaved.......I was Saved by what I Believed. I actually believe that Jesus Saves—That is enough.Some day Satan will stand in the Court Of  Heaven and point out my enormous file of sins .God will respond with this— “ What sins? I seem to have forgotten them!” Be like Paul—- “ I don’t hold back God’s Grace”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

) If That Works For God it sure as heck works for me!

Blessings Brother

I say that all the time,actually it is the old accusor who tries to remind us(as you mentioned as well) When the memories pop in my head I know to stand on Gods Word "Am I better than God,surely if my Heavenly Father Has cast my sin in the sea of Forgiveness then who am I to go fishing?????" I rebuke that nasty liar and speak Gods Truth..."I am the Righteousness of God in Christ!!Thanks for saying it all so well- Glory to God!                     With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

obedience is great.....It is a sign of Wisdom.It just does  not Save.  

This i understand and agree with.  Also your second reply, all clear to me now.

We are not saved by obedience but faith. But the ones in true faith, will be obedient.

I am glad I asked before i tried to correct you, while misunderstanding your earlier post.

Edited by Wesley L