• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 4/9/2020 at 3:06 AM, Behold said:

The Law, the secular law defines a marriage as a wedding vow promise, sometimes a blood test, and a marriage certificate.

God defines a Marriage as a Spiritual Union, that is consummated by the act of physical sexual intimacy, where "2 become One Flesh".

All of that Together, would define a "marriage".

If you break that , you did it by a certificate of Divorce, or you did it by joining your flesh to someone who you were married to...and this now joins you to them...

This is why Jesus said...>"except for the cause of FORNICATION".....as this is that "sexual union" that joins you to another.... = "One flesh".

It means that, marriage can only break or invalid is death, so if the husband or wife are both alive they are both bound by vow that instituted by God. And if,  the husband or wife will get into another sexual union or third party involve we call it adultery or fornication and this kind of sex outside marriage is not from the Lord. It means sex outside marriage is not from the Lord.

To balance with, from my past life without Jesus Christ I made mistake but the good news when I found Jesus Christ in my life…the Lord forgave me, delivered me and made me new creation.

Again, sex outside marriage is not from the Lord.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

11 hours ago, Behold said:

You posted this..

'''Bottom line: They are free to marry each other or anyone else should they choose. They are free to remain single should they choose. If they are both Christians (who have slipped into sin), they may strongly consider marrying each other (only in the Lord - 2 Corinthians 6:14):'''

---------------

So, do you think that 2 people, 2 christians, 2 bodies, that are committing fornication, have "slipped", accidentally into it?  Were they caught unaware of the fact of their sexual contact?

Really? Thats an interesting concept you have, Novus.

Also, if God defines Marriage as "one flesh", and 2 fornicators are "one flesh"< then what do you have?

So, if you tell them to go and find others, then if they do the same with them, they have "one fleshed" again and again and again.........So, what do you have now?

See, there is a bit more to the NT regarding  "marriage",  then Just a wedding vow, a ring,  and a piece of paper, as that is just the secular idea of "marriage.

One flesh is biblical Inside marriage Mark 10:8  "and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh" or we call it Fusion.

So, sex outside marriage we call it adultery, fornicators and never never in one flesh..rather "Lust of the Flesh".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  712
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/24/1970

1 hour ago, Worship Warriors said:

Concerning the question of divorce, the church is split on two views on this issue. The majority believes that if the do remarry, the adultery only occurs on the first night they become joined to another.  The conservative view believes it's a recurrent state of adultery.

The bible has very little to say on the subject of remarriage. I believe its becuase God wants you to content for the marriage covenant. Why ? He is after a godly seed. Scripture says your seed will possess the gates of their enemies. You cannot fulfill the dominion mandate if your marriage is in a mess.

Best to stay single if you are divorced. The divorce does not defile you , but the remarriage does, whether it's only for the first night that the adultery occurs. 

In the OT God puts a higher standard on those who are in ministry . A priest who ministers in the inner sanctuary was not allowed to marry a divorced woman. How much more a higher standard would apply in the NT ?  I would think twice about remarry , best to say single and be fully devoted to the Lord.

Well said and great comment. It is worrying that there are different views in the churches with regard to remarriage after divorce - this implies that there is confusion in this area and subsequent deviation from the truth. What worries me is that Christians are being misled to believe that it is fine to remarry on grounds appealing to human reason (bias) to include situational ethics, as opposed to conformity to Scripture (truth). Certainly, death dissolves the marriage (to include a post divorce situation) - in which case, a widow(er) is free to remarry - Romans 7:2-3 in conjunction with Luke 16:18 (The principle that Jesus himself stated).

Edited by Novus
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Novus said:

Well said and great comment. It is worrying that there are different views in the churches with regard to remarriage after divorce - this implies that there is confusion in this area and subsequent deviation from the truth. What worries me is that Christians are being misled to believe that it is fine to remarry on grounds appealing to human reason (bias) to include situational ethics, as opposed to conformity to Scripture (truth). Certainly, death dissolves the marriage (to include a post divorce situation) - in which case, a widow(er) is free to remarry - Romans 7:2-3 in conjunction with Luke 16:18 (The principle that Jesus himself stated).

Well, a Widow or a Single Mother ..is entitled to get marry..so be it Lord.. really this topic of Divorce is large.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Refresher said:

Well, a Widow or a Single Mother ..is entitled to get marry..so be it Lord.. really this topic of Divorce is large.

Two verses to consider are:

1 Corinthians 7:39 - The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15 - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

A further restriction - Christians marry Christians.

Edited by Novus
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Novus said:

Two verses to consider are:

1 Corinthians 7:39 - The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15 - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

A further restriction - Christians marry Christians.

Yeay, I am super agree Christians marry Christians, in addition should be in the same belief that Jesus is the center of marriage.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Jostler said:

so what good does all this theology do for someone who has had all manner of abuse thrust on them from childhood, who has been made one flesh with many against their will?  This thread looks a lot like "friends" Job had.....

A valid point.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

14 minutes ago, Novus said:

A valid point.

and thank you for your graciousness in considering the point without taking offense.  bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

54 minutes ago, Jostler said:

so what good does all this theology do for someone who has had all manner of abuse thrust on them from childhood, who has been made one flesh with many against their will?  This thread looks a lot like "friends" Job had.....

So well said.  And it works both ways. Both of my former wives divorced me. I did not want it but went along with it to reduce strife and acrimony. They had their reasons, be they ever so sad, and such is the life we lead often. A man pours out his life and is often the one taken by surprise. But because we are men, we mostly sit back and take it and complain little. I accepted quietly my part in the breakups and I must say they were devastating. I rarely talk of it. So I want people to see it from both points of view.

Forget passing judgement.  God is full of compassion for those that suffer. We ought to be as well.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1