Only old teachings are valid?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I already saw some people claming that a teaching are wrong because it was made years after the primitive church, so my qietion is: all the new teachings are wrong or it is possible a new teaching (that definitely  didn't  existed before) be right?

or all doctrines after the primitive church are false?

Edited by Brko72

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, Brko72 said:

Hi @Brko72,

Welcome to Worthy. Doctrine has been built on the teachings of Jesus, the writings of His disciples, and especially the epistles of the Apostle Paul. Avid studies by those who have translated from the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts have been going on now for centuries. And lines did get drawn on whether or not our salvation is secure in Christ. Armenian and Calvinist doctrines get argued about all the time here. It can get a bit tense, so I'd rather avoid getting tangled in something that ends up unprofitable. Once someone is set in their ways about certain issues and beliefs, they aren't easily convinced otherwise. Best to pass on that. It gets too testy. Was there something specific you wanted to know? I was just curious. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

Here's a little bit more information taken from our PM in case your cellular fails communications properly. Hope this brings further understanding. God bless you. 

Just to clarify, the early church didn't have a lot of doctrine to go on initially. They did have what the disciples taught them from what Jesus told directly. There was a lot of further revelation and understanding when the Holy Spirit came upon all those who came to believe.

And the writings from the Apostle Paul were letters to the first established churches. Both to Jewish and Gentile believers. Some letters were also by Peter, John, and James. All these became the epistles. Doctrine was built on that accordingly. It didn't just happen immediately.  

The book of Revelation from John is still the most difficult to understand and interpret. A lot of arguments go on and on about that. Pre-trib / mid-trib / post-trib. All that came much later on. It ties in from prophecies from the Old Testament, so it's also the most confusing for beginners to understand. It can take years of study to accomplish it.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Welcome to Worthy. Doctrine has been built on the writings of Jesus,

Hi Beaujangles, my friend. I hope you don't mind me smoothing out something here, namely that Jesus did not personally and physically write any of His teachings down, but Hallelujah, He does write on willing hearts with His Spirit.  

2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.  

33 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Beaujangles, my friend. I hope you don't mind me smoothing out something here, namely that Jesus did not personally and physically write any of His teachings down, but Hallelujah, He does write on willing hearts with His Spirit.  

That's not a problem at all, Michael. We're all very aware our Saviour's words were oral teachings and not personally written by Himself, nor by scribes. He commonly rebuked them along with the high priests and pharisees as well. They were commissioned to written by His disciples as we also know. I received a PM by the opster about this and posted it here due to cellular glitches. Simply novice questions, nothing specific. Thanks for the added input. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Brko72 said:

I already saw some people claming that a teaching are wrong because it was made years after the primitive church, so my qietion is: all the new teachings are wrong or it is possible a new teaching (that definitely  didn't  existed before) be right?

No, teaching from the Holy Bible are false. Although today we are under the New Covenant which is when Jesus Christ came to this earth. We are no longer under the law but under grace Romans 6:14-15. Under the New Covenant we are given an opportunity to receive salvation as a gift.