• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Sonshine said:

Consider the scripture below.  It’s for the remission of sins that are past.  After this, we need to repent each time we sin and confess our sins to our Father;

- S O N s h i n e - 

I just wrote a Thread for you.

"Seeing Is Believing"..

So, if you have time, plz chk it out.. if it posts.

B

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Ive posted ...hummm....... i dont don't even know the amount of Threads, here.... @OneLight

And POSTs?....  i suppose there is a total on my bio page...etc.

So, my "view" is highly resonant here.  So, if you don't know it, you are not reading me, and you should, as then you would know.

The number of posts or threads are irrelevant, and how many liked them is never an indication of being correct, just that someone liked them or some part of them.  So why focus on the "many threads" how they were received and ignore the content it refers to?  I am well aware of your views of salvation and works as I have been reading them for about 4 years now. 

If you have read my replies to you and others, you would know that I fully agree with your stance against "works salvation" and have always said so.  Where we disagree is repentance, a believer turning from God and that there is such a thing as good works that have nothing to do with being saved.

If you want to revisit these issues, we can, as long as there is no personal attacks.  Once that happens, the walls go up and nothing can ever be accomplished.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

And there is the spark that has fueled the conflict between one group and another here.  You see repentance to only be about salvation where all so many times in scripture we are told, as born again believers, to repent of any sin we may of committed.  The word itself means to have a change of heart, a change of mind, a change of direction in life.  One does not be saved and the very next breath become perfect in all they do, say, think, etc.  It is a life long process that ends upon death when we are with Him.  Until we are perfect in Him, when we are with Him, we will sin - it is not possible not to sin unless you die immediately after you accept salvation. 

Scripture says contrary sinning after your born again. I don’t think someone is truly born again if we continue to sin. To sin is to transgress the Law. We are no longer under the law anymore. I can do anything I want to but I don’t want to hurt the one I love.

1 John 3:9,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Dead to Sin but Alive in Christ

Romans 6:1-2

6 1  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?  

Im sorry but this is what the scriptures say. Only willful and deliberate disobedience is a sin but that doesn’t happen if someone is truly born of God. Most people really are not born of God. They think they are because they said the sinners prayer and got a couple of spiritual goose pimples in church. It’s not when we confess him to be Lord in our life that we are born again or have the Holy Spirit. It’s when the father recognizes you as a son and confessed your name out by a witness within crying abba father.

Galatians 4:1-8 King James Version (KJV)

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ

There has to be an appointed time of the father when you make a transition from a servant unto a son.  
When you receive your own personal day of Pentecost is when your truly saved, born from above and receive the Holy Spirit.

This is when the father recognizes you as his son. You can say and do all you want but until this special day happens your like the disciples who Jesus blew on the the Spirit 

John 20:22

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

This was just a gift to lead them unto the giver. The Holy Spirit was upon them but he wasn’t in them until the day of Pentecost. This is the difference between upon you and him being in you.

The Holy Spirit was upon them to lead them unto and into the truth. It’s one thing to proceed towards the truth and quite another thing to be flowing out of the truth.

1 minute ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Scripture says contrary sinning after your born again. I don’t think someone is truly born again if we continue to sin. To sin is to transgress the Law. We are no longer under the law anymore. I can do anything I want to but I don’t want to hurt the one I love.

Care to address what Jesus said to the seven churches in Revelation 2 and 3 where he tells five of the seven to repent?  Now, if Jesus is saying this to those who are already born again, don't you think it is important and shows that born again believers can sin and need to repent?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

That word repent has a broad meaning. I could repent from liking chili slaw dogs. Or a frame of mind related to 'Grace' or of some heretical doctrine--any number of things. Born again saints are subject to any number of things while on the earth and in these earthen vessels.

GK G3566 | S G3340   μετανοέω   metanoeō   34x  

to undergo a change in frame of mind and feeling, to repent, Lk. 17:3, 4; to make a change of principle and practice, to reform, Mt. 3:2 repent, repentance; turn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Alive said:

That word repent has a broad meaning. I could repent from liking chili slaw dogs. Or a frame of mind related to 'Grace' or of some heretical doctrine--any number of things. Born again saints are subject to any number of things while on the earth and in these earthen vessels.

to undergo a change in frame of mind and feeling, to repent, Lk. 17:3, 4; to make a change of principle and practice, to reform, Mt. 3:2 repent, repentance; turn.

I liked seeing what Jesus said in these terms:     Turn TO God, 

vs repent sinner.....

Oh,   all men are still sinners needing Salvation from eternal judgment,  but 'Turn To God'  seems more like what Jesus told everyone.

And it seems a lot of visiting (and old time) posters not only do not repent,  they do not care to turn to God from what is posted.  They don't seem to realize that they must turn to God.....   if and when they finally do turn to God,  for help,  SURPRISE! Salvation (Deliverance and Healing and Joy and Peace) (finally) Comes! (paraphrase from The Message Translation that seems very apro-pro) ....  

27 minutes ago, Alive said:

What meaning do you think Jesus had when he said that to His churches?  How do you think they took His warnings and instructions?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

29 minutes ago, Alive said:

Excellent!The thing is its really about submission.....if you LOVE Jesus & you've submitted to His Lordship the softened heart is repentant,isn't it.....then with Jesus Abiding in us,God Forbid we do something we know is not what we woulda,shoulda,coulda done.....we feel bad,we are repentant   We are a work in progress until we lose this flesh,lol      

It becomes a problem when they don't understand the LAW & start crying everything is a "sin".... "repent,you didn't keep the Sabbath"..."Repent,you wore jewelry & cut your hair" & so on ......like John the Baptist in the wilderness

Anyway,I like what you said......:D

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

The number of posts or threads are irrelevant, and how many liked them is never an indication of being correct, 

Ok, well, i said nothing about anyone giving me a "thumbs up".. only that you could read say, my last 20 Threads, as they cover a good bit of territory.

If you started with "in comes the devil", and just keep going, you'd see that there is a a lot to eat.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

34 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Scripture disagrees with you.

Here is what our Lord Jesus Christ said to the five churches referenced by @OneLight.

Ephesus:

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. (Revelation 2: 5)

Pergamos:

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. (Revelation 2: 15-16)

Thyatira:

I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. (Revelation 2: 19-22)

Sardis:

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. (revelation 3: 2-3)

Laodicea:
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. (Revelation 3: 19)

To “ repent” is these instances means to “ Turn” from what you are doing, or you are going to be chastised .Some Of The Chastisement are very serious.....NONE have anything to do with Loss Of Salvation....

If these people have undergone the “ Turn” That is relevant to Salvation—TURNING TO GOD as Lost Sinners with Faith in Jesus Christ to Save them, they are secure forever .....even if their “ candlestick is removed.” That infers  losing a position of prominence......any of these groups that Rest in the Gospel Of Paul are Saved forever , if they did not Rest in the Gospel they were lost anyway......

• Thumbs Up 1