This pandemic makes me feel uncomfortable going back to church

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Been thinking lately, and I just wanted to discuss my thoughts on churches gathering again soon. Feel free to share yours as well.

I have very mixed feelings about going back to church again when it's finally "safe" to do so. With church being a place where you're in such close proximity to dozens of people. It's just going to feel so weird and uncomfortable. Anyone else feel the same way? It's not that I don't want to interact with people, but it's certainly going to be very different. This whole thing has really affected me in the sense of trying not to get being physically close to people even though I really want to.

I mean, we're living in a society where we're supposed to stay 6 feet away from people and can't even feel the touch of our friends and loved ones. How are we supposed to be touchy feely at church when we start gathering again? This pandemic is definitely affecting people mentally more than most would admit, and it'll be interesting to see if/how people will physically interact with each other when churches start gathering again. Especially because of how psychological this whole pandemic is. Makes me wonder if people will still be wearing masks in churches as well. Sorry that I'm rambling on, just wanted to discuss this and hear your thoughts.

Edited by Amore_Amibo
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

That is the byproduct of fear.  Would you not use an elevator or lift, depending where you live?  What about helping someone in an emergency, would you help them or let them suffer?  How about handling money?  These are questions being asked in hopes of getting you to see that there are many other reasons why getting close to someone else needs to be done or happens.  Don't let fear keep you captive and rob you of showing love and kindness, but be reasonable instead. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

This pandemic makes me feel uncomfortable going back to church

1 hour ago, Amore_Amibo said:

I have very mixed feelings about going back to church again when it's finally "safe" to do so.

Sure. That's understandable. 

It's just going to feel so weird and uncomfortable.

You shouldn't exactly feel "weird" about it. You are justifiably concerned. That's all. 

Anyone else feel the same way?

No, not really. When it's safe again, church should resume as normal. You'll enjoy it. Or you should. 

Sorry that I'm rambling on, just wanted to discuss this and hear your thoughts.

No need to apologize. We've all been guilty of rambling here. :)

Oh, my thoughts. God doesn't want you to be fearful of resuming church services once it's safe to do so. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi @Amore_Amibo

I just need to clarify a few things for you. You see, I'm currently in a nursing facility. Not forever, I'm leaving pretty soon or so I've been informed. We have the Covid-19 here and a newly developed wing for it. Yeah, pretty scary thought. I'm more than concerned - all of us are. We have death statistics. Sad. 

But, when the signal is finally clear, all the people, activities, and services will return back to normal. Just like before it came invasively so. And that means church groups will feel safe to come back. I'm looking forward to a couple in particular. It will be terrific! These are today's thoughts. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Been thinking lately, and I just wanted to discuss my thoughts on churches gathering again soon. Feel free to share yours as well.

I have very mixed feelings about going back to church again when it's finally "safe" to do so. With church being a place where you're in such close proximity to dozens of people. It's just going to feel so weird and uncomfortable. Anyone else feel the same way? It's not that I don't want to interact with people, but it's certainly going to be very different. This whole thing has really affected me in the sense of trying not to get being physically close to people even though I really want to.

I mean, we're living in a society where we're supposed to stay 6 feet away from people and can't even feel the touch of our friends and loved ones. How are we supposed to be touchy feely at church when we start gathering again? This pandemic is definitely affecting people mentally more than most would admit, and it'll be interesting to see if/how people will physically interact with each other when churches start gathering again. Especially because of how psychological this whole pandemic is. Makes me wonder if people will still be wearing masks in churches as well. Sorry that I'm rambling on, just wanted to discuss this and hear your thoughts.

The fellowship I'm a part of is meeting in small groups tomorrow for the first time since the lock down. Some are not ready so they are o[ting out and some wanted to meet the last couple weeks. This is something we all need to work through. And If you're uncomfortable No one should have a problem with that. 

I visited a sister during the week that is opting out. We were on her porch at some distance apart and had a good two hour talk and laugh. She is a little elderly but healthy and being cautious. You're fine. You're asking us but the best thing is to ask the Lord. Everything is changing because of this thing so pray for wisdom, peace and further understanding of the scriptures about the times in which we live.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I live in Oklahoma and here our church plans to go back to live services at the end of may.  We have a Sunday School Class on Zoom and the pastors sermons are streamed on FaceBook..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Amore_Amibo said:

People will react in a variety of ways. Personally, I understand how you feel. As for me, I will hold off going back at the end of this month---for a variety of health issues that are compromising. I have shared nothing publicly about them, but they are certainly ones I want to be careful of. It is not so much fear, but simply, common sense and reasonable caution to avoid unnecessary risks. The church I attend fully plans on adhering to the guidelines, but each individual must make up his own mind---without reprisal---what he believes God would have him do. God bless you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Until this pandemic lessens more, maybe alot of churches will try to keep the social distancing for awhile.   Just use commonsense about things. 

There are many people in the third world countries that daily suffer with many things.   They bear with so much.   So we can try to abide by some social distancing for awhile, I think.

Image-07-John-14-27-small.jpg.c5d932357926aafef616793c23952459.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

Yes, and mass starvation looms for much of Africa due to the locusts.

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes, and mass starvation looms for much of Africa due to the locusts.

I think we need to use the chem-trails I keep hearing so much about there..  surely there is something that would kill the locusts without harming humans and animals.