IGNORED

Mary Was Just A Woman

uvn477

Guest Zayit
to say that praying to mary to pray for you is not bad...consider this

we ask people to pray for us all the time...and since mary was a person...who now resides in heaven...we dont pray to her like shes a god...we basically talk to her and ask her to pray for us....

i like it when people pray for me...dont you? so if i ask mary in heaven to pray for meĀ  or my friend mary on earth to pray for me what difference is it?

lets not also forget mel gibson is catholic and he made the passion of christ

....mary's role was unique.....

shes not god...she was just a good woman....a sinner yes...but a good woman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who said she was in heaven?

Why disturb the dead?

The difference is we are told not to pray to the dead.

What has Mel Gibson have to do with this at all? :P

Yes, she was special, chosen by G-d to bring forth the promised Messiah to her people.

Yeshua/Jesus didn't even allow anyone to call him good, for he said there is only one good, and that is the Father in heaven.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1972

What has Mel Gibson have to do with this at all? :P

the fact that people attack the catholic church...and yet mel gibson is catholic and he made a movie god wanted him to make....

if anything comes from man it will not last...but if it comes from GOD it cannot be changed......

the passion of christ is what god called him to do...so if the catholic church is bad and evil...then that means the passion of christ is evil...and is of man

you cant have your cake and eat it too....i was raised catholic and and now am baptist...and even our baptist preacher acknolwedges that Pope John Paul II

was a godly man doing "God's work"

I do not pray to dead people....and i do not contact mediums...but god has reassured me my step dad and my grandma are thier in heaven

if you think thats foolish...im sorry but i know it to be true

and Mary is not dead...she is alive for eternity with christ jesus....

no one who is in heaven is dead...you can only die if you go to hell

thus eternal life.....ETERNAL LIFE....with God and Jesus and The Holy Spirit

Edited by Strickalator

Guest ChristinaJMJ

Hi everyone! Peace be with you all! Praise Jesus!

I'd just like to clear up a couple misconceptions about Mary. I'm not here with the intent of Proselytizing, but I will answer questions directed to me and I will correct misconceptions I see here about the Catholic Church.

First... no where in Church teachings are we told to worship or pray to Mary. We do however ask for her intercession... and that is it.

She is the Mother of God and should be treated as such.

When Mary asks how she can become the Mother of the Messiah, the angel answers by telling her, "the Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you. And therefore also the Holy One who shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:35). What his disciple said was repeated by St. Paul, who told the Galatians, "God sent His Son, born of a woman" (Gal. 4:4).

Moreover, when Mary came to visit her cousin, Elizabeth's first words were astonishment. The unborn John leapt in his mother's womb for joy, and Elizabeth exclaimed, "And how have I deserved, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:42).

No matter what you have read from your Protestant sources, I can assure you that the Catholic Church does not "worship" Mary. Never has and never will.

The below is taken from (link deleted) site.

So we say, "Well then, why give glory and honor and devotion to Mary?" Because we do whatever Jesus tells us. And we do whatever Jesus does because the fundamental axiom of Christian morality is the imitacio Christi, the imitation of Christ, and he is the best of the best when it comes to being a son. Not only a Son of his heavenly Father but a Son of his earthly mother. When he accepts the mission of his Father to become a man and to obey the law, he obeys it more perfectly than anybody could have ever imagined it being obeyed. And when he gets to that commandment, "Honor your father and your mother," that Hebrew word, kabodah, means bestow glory, comes from kabod weight, glory. So he honors his Father and obeys his command by bestowing unprecedented glory upon the one that he has chosen from all eternity to be his mother. The only time that the Creator created a human creature, created the one destined to be his mother. And he filled her with his own life and grace because he began honoring as soon as she was created his mother.

So what do we do? We honor Christ and we glorify him and we imitate him. If we really imitate him, we do what he does and we honor and bestow glory upon his mother. Not instead of him. It isn't undermining devotion to Christ. It's to express our devotion of Christ, our worship of Christ by imitating him. And if we do it we're going to be able to see in her face, the face of our mother, because Jesus has taken on her flesh and blood and given us his own Divine nature. Peter says, "We are partakers of Divine nature through Christ" so that his mother can become our mother, spiritually, supernaturally, but actually and really. And so in devotion to him, we can be devoted to her without any compromise, without any tug of war, without any diminution or decrease of our honor to Christ.

Love is not a finite substance. God is love. Love just keeps multiplying and reproducing itself, and the more we love, the more love we have to give. And the more we love Christ, well, we know if there were 90 percent that goes to Christ and 10 percent that goes to Mary, 100 percent of it goes to God and the God-man and therefore 100 percent of it and more is available for us to give to others and especially his Mother who has become our Mother. Isn't that what Jesus is trying to say at the Cross when he says to the beloved disciple. He didn't say "John," he said "to the disciple he loved, 'Behold your Mother.'"

Edited by IslandRose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

How do we know that Mary was a sinner? How do we know she was saved? How do we know if we are getting the WHOLE HONEST AND TRUE telling of Mary, Mary Magdeline and the rest of the Women in the Bible? The Bible was written by men. And though "devinely(sp)" inspired. How do we know MAN did not change things for thier own purpose. What about the Gnostic Gospel's then? Yes I am a VERY pro-feminist male!!! And I don't quite trust any religion that excludes anyone. That's one of the many reasons why I accepted Christ. He, like G-d loves us all equally. Thank G-d for that!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Imitating Christ. That sounds admirable.

So Jesus prayed to Mary for her intercession with the Father? Can you show me that in scripture?

Of course not. So praying your intercessory prayer to Mary isnt imitating Jesus. Jesus clearly taught us to go to the Lord directly in prayer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

(snip)

First... no where in Church teachings are we told to worship or pray to Mary.Ā  We do however ask for her intercession... and that is it.

(snip)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you please show me in the Bible where it says to ask for intercession from dead people or where we should have communication with dead people?

Guest ChristinaJMJ
Imitating Christ. That sounds admirable.

So Jesus prayed to Mary for her intercession with the Father? Can you show me that in scripture?

Of course not. So praying your intercessory prayer to Mary isnt imitating Jesus. Jesus clearly taught us to go to the Lord directly in prayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would Jesus pray to Mary, she is not divine.

Imitating Jesus by honoring His mother (like He did) is what my post was mostly about.

Guest LadyC

mary is dead. if you're "asking her" to intercede, you're praying to her. scripture leaves absolutely no room to question that JESUS is our ONLY mediator, the ONLY one in whose name we should pray.

all who die knowing Jesus are alive in Christ after death. yet there are consequences to communicating with those who are no longer alive on earth. scripture is also pretty clear about this. the story of saul comes to mind...

i don't understand how anyone who believes in scripture can find justification for praying to mary, or any of the other myths associated with her.

oh, and i just love when catholics say "we don't pray to mary", considering that i have posted numerous times here actual prayers to mary straight from the rcc prayer book.

catholics can be christians. i'm firmly convinced of that. but i'm just as convinced that catholics can also be religious heathens, and often are.... just like in any other denomination. if you're not standing solely on the word of God, then it smacks of religiousity.

Guest ChristinaJMJ

I wrote this for someone else... hope it answers some questions for those of you who are sincerly seeking answers from me.

Is it Biblical to ask the Saints in heaven to pray for us, you ask?

Catholics say YES, since we are all part of the communion of saints. Do you recite the Apostle