IGNORED

Mary Was Just A Woman

uvn477

Guest Zayit
What has Mel Gibson have to do with this at all? :P

the fact that people attack the catholic church...and yet mel gibson is catholic and he made a movie god wanted him to make....

if anything comes from man it will not last...but if it comes from GOD it cannot be changed......

the passion of christ is what god called him to do...so if the catholic church is bad and evil...then that means the passion of christ is evil...and is of man

you cant have your cake and eat it too....i was raised catholic and and now am baptist...and even our baptist preacher acknolwedges that Pope John Paul II

was a godly man doing "God's work" 

I do not pray to dead people....and i do not contact mediums...but god has reassured me my step dad and my grandma are thier in heaven

if you think thats foolish...im sorry but i know it to be true

and Mary is not dead...she is alive for eternity with christ jesus....

no one who is in heaven is dead...you can only die if you go to hell

thus eternal life.....ETERNAL LIFE....with God and Jesus and The Holy Spirit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to argue with you Strike, but Mel is of the Old Catholic school , he even built his own catholic church because he doesn't agree with the Vatican nor the Vatican 2 which by the way apologized for labeling Jews Christ killers for so long. And he didn't do it because G-d told him unless he's changed his story from the interview I watched last year, he did this as a pentance, those are his words. And he used more material from a Catholic mystic than the Bible itself. As far as Mary , right now her state , according to Paul, is 'sleeping" which is awaiting the resurrection, like all the Saints gone before us. If not then this makes no sense:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent  them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort  one another with these words.

He is decending, they and those alive are arising. Notice it says dead in Christ. If he is coming from heaven to earth for them, why would he if they are in heaven with him????

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

(snip)

First... no where in Church teachings are we told to worship or pray to Mary.  We do however ask for her intercession... and that is it.

(snip)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you please show me in the Bible where it says to ask for intercession from dead people or where we should have communication with dead people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, but I'm at work atm...so, I will answer this later tonight.

I will say real quick that "communication with dead people" is not something Catholics do. Thats a new age thing and is very evil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P I don't see the difference.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was looking on-line to what praying the Rosary involved.

Interesting.

(snip)

The basic prayer itself is simple: The Rosary consists of a Cross, a medal (M), individual beads (@), and consecutive beads (o). For the Cross, we pray the "Apostles' Creed"; for the individual beads (@), the "Our Father"; and for the consecutive beads (o), the "Hail Mary." There are also additional prayers, some of which correspond to the medal (M); these shall be discussed below.

The Rosary can be divided into two parts: the Introduction, and five decades. The Introduction consists of the Cross and the four beads that follow it, which together mean the "Apostles' Creed," one "Our Father," and three "Hail Mary's." The five decades each consist of one individual bead (@) and ten consecutive beads (o), that is, of one "Our Father", and ten "Hail Mary's".

Each decade is devoted to a particular event in the life of the Virgin Mary or of Jesus. These are called the Mysteries. Either before or after praying the decade, we should meditate on these Mysteries with a view to reaching a greater love of God.

Since there are five decades in the Rosary, and there is one Mystery corresponding to each decade, there are five corresponding Mysteries for each Rosary we pray. These five Mysteries, however, are not always the same. In fact there are three sets of five Mysteries. They are: (1) the Joyful Mysteries, (2) the Sorrowful Mysteries, and (3) the Glorious Mysteries.

These Mysteries are the following:

(It is recommended that one pray each set of Mysteries on the days of the week indicated. This is, however, merely a recommendation.)

The Joyful Mysteries:

(Mon and Thu; and the Sun's from 1st Sun of Advent until Lent.)

1. The Annunciation

2. The Visitation

3. The Birth of our Lord Jesus Christ

4. The Presentation at the Temple

5. The Finding at the Temple

The Sorrowful Mysteries:

(Tue and Fri; and the Sun's of Lent.)

1. The Agony of Christ in the Garden

2. The Scourging at the Pillar

3. The Crowning with Thorns

4. The Carrying of the Cross

5. The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord

Glorious Mysteries:

(Wed and Sat; and the Sun's from Easter until Advent.)

1. The Resurrection of Our Lord

2. The Ascension of Our Lord

3. The Coming of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles

4. The Assumption of the Virgin Mary

5. The Coronation of the Virgin Mary

(snip)

Source

Notice the heavy "Mary focus" here? :noidea:

More "Hail Mary's" are prayed than "Our Father's".

The "Mysteries" begin and end with Mary.

How can you say you are not deifying Mary?

All I see here is Mary being exalted above Jesus!

Have a need? Ask Mary to pray for you.

Facing death? Ask Mary to pray for you.

Need to repent? Ask Mary to pray for you.

Are you sick? Ask Mary to pray for you.

Feeling lonely? Ask Mary to pray for you.

Don't you see something wrong here?

Scripture tells us Jesus intercedes for us before the Father.

Why make Mary the intermediary between you and Jesus? How will you develop a relationship with Jesus yourself if you have to go through Mary to get to Him?

And do you believe Mary will be more merciful to your needs than Jesus will if you go to Him yourself?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Just a few passing thoughts....

God chose Mary to bear the Messiah; and she accepted His will.

Mary nursed Jesus at her breast.

Mary changed Jesus' diapers.

Mary taught Jesus how to pray His first prayer.

Mary taught Jesus Scripture.

Mary kissed Jesus when he skinned His knees.

Mary prepared His food each day.

Mary prompted His first miracle at the wedding feast.

Mary watched as people mocked and ridiculed Him.

Mary watched as He carried His cross.

Mary watched, in agony, as He was nailed to that cross.

Mary was one of the few disciples who stood by Him as He died.

Mary waited for the Resurrection she knew would come.

Mary was there when He rose.

Mary was there when the Holy Spirit filled the upper room.

Mary is with Him now, with all the saints, in heaven, praising Him, worshiping Him, adoring Him, .....and still loving Him with all her heart.

I imagine that when Mary was brought before Jesus at His throne in heaven, she fell to her knees before Him....and He lifted her to her feet and embraced His mother loving her in return.

She is not dead. She is with her Son, seeing Him face to face.

It is my privilege to ask her to pray to Him for me.

I worship God alone. I love and honor Mary, as Jesus does.

To do less, is to dishonor Jesus.

In love,

Fiosh

:noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, so when I get married and I have a need, I ought to call my husband's mom to present my need before my husband rather than going to my husband on my own.

Instead of spending intimate time with my husband, I will spend intimate time with his mother as my way of honoring him.

Gotcha!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

OK, so when I get married and I have a need, I ought to call my husband's mom to present my need before my husband rather than going to my husband on my own.

Instead of spending intimate time with my husband, I will spend intimate time with his mother as my way of honoring him.

Gotcha!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noidea:;) ;) :21: :21:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

to say that praying to mary to pray for you is not bad...consider this

we ask people to pray for us all the time...and since mary was a person...who now resides in heaven...we dont pray to her like shes a god...we basically talk to her and ask her to pray for us....

i like it when people pray for me...dont you? so if i ask mary in heaven to pray for me  or my friend mary on earth to pray for me what difference is it?

lets not also forget mel gibson is catholic and he made the passion of christ

....mary's role was unique.....

shes not god...she was just a good woman....a sinner yes...but a good woman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we are told that when we are need something, we are to pray, and when we are sick, we are to call upon the elders to annoint us and pray for us.....

we are also told that we are to pray to God thru Jesus......

we assume all those before us made it to heaven.....

what if some one you are praying to, did not make it to heaven? then your prayers are being intercepted and the message is being given to satan and not making it to God......

if ( cause there is nothing that said that mary went to heaven ) she did not by chance make it, and you are praying to her, then where are your prayers going? not to God, cause you did not call upon God... and she would not be in contact with God......

having a person that is alive on this earth pray with you is one thing, disturbing the dead is another. what is it we were told about mediums? what was King Sauls answers when he sought out the dead?

being we do not know the persons heart, then we do not know where the person is... we may have made an unrighteous man, one that does not know Christ, one that actually was against Christ, into a "saint" and be praying to the enemy....

God is my God, God is the one I talk with, God is the one I pray to.... and being I am a Child of God, i get to do some name dropping when I am talking to God, I go thru the Glorious Name of Jesus....

I use to be R.C. called myself Irish Catholic. (being that the Irish kicked the backsides of the romans out of England........ hehehehehe)

anyways, i know this thread has gone long nuff too.... and well, ummm anyways...

I just know some of the teachings that are going on today, are not with the Word of God, as with some denominations that are Christian.....

we have to remember...... God is not religion..... and religion will not save a person from hell... God wants a personal relationship with each and every one of us.....

at times, I envy Abraham for the closeness of his relationship, he sat and visited adn ate with God........ and then I recall David, Dancing before the Lord, and I remember I know how to dance, so I dance..... I sing.... I jump.... I yell.... and the Lord hears my voice as I lift it up in thanksgiving, in praise and He knows my heart in worship.

I use to think God does not speak to us anymore, then he spoke to me, and I crumpled to the ground, for i could not stand any longer in His presence.

I found that Gods will for me, is for me to be His friend. for me to Honor Him above all...... to come to Him ( as a child would their father, we are to come to the Lord as our FATHER )

if a child gets hurt. who do they run to ????? a brother or sister or a friend?????

NO! ! ! !

They run to Daddy..... daddy can fix it.....

can mary mend a broken heart??? no

God can..... but you have to give him all the pieces.

have you talked to your Father today? how about this hour?

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Just a few passing thoughts....

God chose Mary to bear the Messiah; and she accepted His will.

she was obedient, good.

Mary nursed Jesus at her breast.

Mary changed Jesus' diapers.

dont think diapers were around then.

Mary taught Jesus how to pray His first prayer.

Are you sure about this one? maybe it was Joseph, as in doing his duties on earth, as would all dads during that time.

Mary taught Jesus Scripture.

again, i believe it would have been the male figure that taught the scripture.

Mary kissed Jesus when he skinned His knees.

dont think Christ was ever bruised until the time of the trials.  even satan tempted Christ with that, saying the angels would protect him.

Mary prepared His food each day.

Mary prompted His first miracle at the wedding feast.

Mary watched as people mocked and ridiculed Him.

Mary watched as He carried His cross.

Mary watched, in agony, as He was nailed to that cross.

Mary was one of the few disciples who stood by Him as He died.

Mary waited for the Resurrection she knew would come.

Mary went to the tomb to annoint the dead body, because it had not been properly prepared for when Christ was laid there cause of the coming of the sabbath.

Mary was there when He rose.

you mean after he rose.  the guards were the only ones that were human that were there, and they laid as if they were dead.

Mary was there when the Holy Spirit filled the upper room.

Mary is with Him now, with all the saints, in heaven, praising Him, worshiping Him, adoring Him, .....and still loving Him with all her heart.

I imagine that when Mary was brought before Jesus at His throne in heaven, she fell to her knees before Him....and He lifted her to her feet and embraced His mother loving her in return.

I do not doubt this one,  because even when Stephen was about to be stoned, He seen Jesus standing... not sitting, but standing at the right hand of God... now, to welcome some one home, you do not sit, you stand.... so i would say, yes, any and every one of us that see Christ again, as a child of God, will be greeted in such a way, with Christ Standing and welcoming us home.....

She is not dead. She is with her Son, seeing Him face to face.

not disputing your claim about Mary being with God, but have you seen her there?

It is my privilege to ask her to pray to Him for me.

It may be a privilege to ask mary to pray for you, but I ask God directly for my needs and desires and wants... and it is my privilege to go directly to God about anything, including my worship and praise and everything else.

I worship God alone.  I love and honor Mary, as Jesus does.

To do less, is to dishonor Jesus.

In love,

Fiosh

:noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

i am still curious about the calling of a man on earth 'father'??