IGNORED

Does anyone remember these British singers?

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

This group wasn't from England, but close enough. At least for me. Rock group from Belfast, Northern Ireland. "Them". Nothing too complex about their sound, but still they were pretty great. Two of their tunes hit our local AM radio station with, Here Comes The Night, followed by the ever famous, Gloria.

How many bands covered that one? Countless. The main thing from the group was lead singer, Van Morrison. Sound familiar? He should. He took to a solo career and did well for himself. Songs like, Brown Eyed Girl, Moondance, Tupelo Honey, and my favorite Van tune, Into The Mystic. Morrison is still around. I think. 

Morrison died and was buried in France.  I am a fan of the witty Christian pop vocalist Steve Taylor who wrote about the lost souls that worship at Morrison's grave.  It is on "I Predict 1990" album, so I am sure Morrison died prior to that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

There was of course Cilla Black, whose real name was Cilla White, her manager changed it for some reason. Beau, don't forget 1 of Dusty's big

hits was "Stand by your man."

No-one has mentioned Sir Cliff Richard (Harry Webb), still a "bachelor boy"  in his 70"s. I remember that Cilla had her own TV show way back when.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Willa said:

Morrison died and was buried in France.  I am a fan of the witty Christian pop vocalist Steve Taylor who wrote about the lost souls that worship at Morrison's grave.  It is on "I Predict 1990" album, so I am sure Morrison died prior to that.

Willa.....I think you May have “ VAN “ Morrison mixed up with “ JIM” Morrison Of the Doors.....lol.....Van Morrison is an extremely gifted singer ....he has put out some great stuff.....despite Jim Morrison’s  drunken idiot behavior and wildness ....The Doors put out some beautiful songs..... 

Dont forget Mary Hopkins.....Paul wrote “ Those Were The Days” for her.....a song That I always liked  ....

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Dont forget Mary Hopkins.....Paul wrote “ Those Were The Days” for her.....a song That I always liked

or, alternatively, there is this rumor:

Those Were the Days” is a song credited to Gene Raskin, who put a new English lyric to the Russian romance song “Dorogoi dlinnoyu” (“Дорогой длинною”, literally “By the long road“), composed by Boris Fomin (1900–1948) with words by the poet Konstantin Podrevsky.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Willa said:

This would be Jim Morrison of The Doors. No relation to the Irish singer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Heybro said:

There was of course Cilla Black, whose real name was Cilla White, her manager changed it for some reason. Beau, don't forget 1 of Dusty's big

hits was "Stand by your man."

Cilla was very popular in England and a friend of The Beatles. On tours where multiple acts would perform together and tour by also traveling with each other, the guys were said to look after her like uncles or older brothers. Cilla was quite a bit younger. She came to the US but was not a huge hit here. 

Stand By Your Man was written by country singer Tammy Wynette in dedication to her often unfaithful husband, George Jones. Also famed country artist. The song penned by Tammy was covered by numerous other stars over the years. It was sad to see her pass. Tammy also struggled with drugs and alcohol. 

4 hours ago, Debp said:

No, don't remember that one!

I also don't remember LuLu....but I do remember that song for the movie, To Sir With Love.   I did see the movie.

Lulu sang the title track and performed also at the end of the movie. To Sir With Love was a big hit for Lulu. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Hey ! Don’t forget to answer the trivia questions you put out! Lol.....

• Haha 2

Just curious.....anybody here remember the very controversial song, “ They’re Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Ha”...........The flip side of that hit was a  Masterpiece! See if you can get it on You Tube! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

In my estimation, the most under-rated song of the Sixties was the little-known MasterPiece, “ It’s A Gas”......The Top Musicians Of That day United to put together this amazing Instrumental 

David......PLEASE , as soon as you get the time go to You Tube and listen to this “ ear candy”...... you can thank me later.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1