• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, xyluz said:

is it possible for God to want us to be poor? or want us to experience loss?

Does that not go against His word and promises for us?

My opinion is that He doesn’t want us to be poor or suffer loss, nor does he want us to be murdered, stolen from, lied to and the list goes on. Unfortunately, we live in a corrupt and messed up world.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Definition of wishful thinking
: the attribution of reality to what one wishes to be true or the tenuous justification of what one wants to believe

Definition of faith (Entry 1 of 2)
1a: allegiance to duty or a person : LOYALTY
lost faith in the company's president
b(1): fidelity to one's promises
(2): sincerity of intentions
acted in good faith
2a(1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b(1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return
(2): complete trust
3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction
especially : a system of religious beliefs
the Protestant faith
on faith
: without question
took everything he said on faith
faith verb
\ ˈfāth  \
faithed; faithing; faiths
Definition of faith (Entry 2 of 2)
transitive verb

archaic
: BELIEVE, TRUST

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Hebrews 11:1

Abraham believed that Isaac would be resurrected; Hebrews 11:19

And therefore was willing to sacrifice Isaac, and was going through with the sacrifice, his imagination thinking about perhaps how the resurrection would take place.

He had a strong belief that God was going to raise Isaac from the dead.    [And God will indeed raise Isaac and Abraham from the dead; Isaiah 26:19 Ezekiel 37:1-14]

And that faith motivated Abraham to action.

If a person really believed that a slot machine was going to win for them, then they would bet the most expensive bet; their wishful thinking is evident in that they don't bet the maximum, but rather just what they can afford.

Abraham put the maximum, he really believed that he would experience resurrection, and he will.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

9 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

My opinion is that He doesn’t want us to be poor or suffer loss, nor does he want us to be murdered, stolen from, lied to and the list goes on. Unfortunately, we live in a corrupt and messed up world.

Yes, this is my opinion too, but, I'll like to know if there's a scripture that supports otherwise. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

23 hours ago, Jason Yzaguirre said:

You are welcome. 

I believe God has lessons for each of us to learn regardless if you accept him or not because even if you deny him, he is still there.

Of course God changes his mind, Genesis comes to mind on that because he could have wiped us off existence then but his mercy and patience got the better of him. Thank him for that :)

I didn't mean to make it sound like our situations in our lives have to be absolute and unchanging. I meant that he has us experience tests like that to help us grow. If we start off poor, do we have to accept it and stay that way because we think it's Gods will? Of course not, that is where we either begin or fall to if you lost your job and everything then ended up on the streets. It's how we overcome those obstacles and remember the lessons we learned from it as well as remembering it once it is overcome. Some people are stuck poor no matter what they do and perhaps that was Gods plan for them all along for whatever his reason was. Some people live and and die wealthy without ever experiencing discomfort, poverty, or any hardship their wholes lives and may or may not have had an ounce of faith. I have never been rich but I can put a roof over my head, feed myself, and have a working vehicle. Which is great to me. But I have also been homeless twice, have experienced loss in ways that have altered my life, and have made a lot of dumb mistakes. I am far from perfect.

But since I have let God into my life, I try one day at a time to grow as a person and accept what he has to put me through. I used to take employment and dependency on another person for granted but when I lost a job many years ago, I was arrogant and thought I could easily find another. Well, we were going through a recession at the time and I could not find a job no matter how many applications, job interviews, phone calls, and resumes I sent out. I was unemployed for two years and at the same time had to take care of loved ones that needed medical care at home. Very tough times but eventually they passed, and over a decade later, I cherish whatever job I have. I no longer put too much stock into possessions because I had to leave all of that behind. I also am going to finally attend college because after nearly 20 years, I think it's time to do so in order to improve my current situation. I feel this is God leading me this direction as I never really had any desire to pursue this. I think God wanted to me to experience all of this until he felt I was ready for his next phase for me. Right now he wants me to accept him full time and wants me to start digging deep into scripture. I used to try for the longest time but I could not get past the first chapter of Genesis. But he sent me different messages and then literally a sign in the mail that it was time to open his book. 

Thank you for clarifying :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 5/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, shortangel said:

good points here

I love you,  shortangel:heart: Always so agreeable and sweet. God bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/19/1982

1 hour ago, xyluz said:

Thank you for clarifying :) 

You are welcome. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

God bless you too BeauJangles,  great perspectives here :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Psalms 4 I will show you faith. Verse 1... "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: " Jump to verse 3 "..............the LORD will hear when I call unto him.".  Ask your self.. does GOD hear when you call unto Him? Thinking God loves you cares about YOU just exactly as He did David. So.. if you KNOW God hears you.. what does the WORD say? Later..

Abraham.. had no kids. What did GOD say? "I HAVE MADE YOU A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS". God as He IS still doing today.. called those things that be not as though they were. Something WE were told to do.

See faith.. as Christ said.. what so ever you desire when you pray.. believe you receive it and you will have it. See.. that works because you know your Father hears you. The word says.. if you know He hears you you know you have what you asked for/petitioned for. And.. we know if we doubt..let not that man think he will get anything from God. So to make our self feel better "God must not have wanted me to"..you know the rest.

Just take the time to listen to what you .. this will push over some carts.. on what you CONFESS every day. Listen to what you say confess that you don't have, has not even happen yet .. yet you confess it as if it has. Its negative but.. this works both ways. How do you talk/confess about your job, friends, boss, spouse, kids, sickness on and on. HAHA and people give word of Faith a hard time. Here we do it every single day.

See most wait till something GOD FOR BID bad to happen and THEN try to believe. I read about things on this site all the time where "FAITH" is being talked about.. buy NO ONE tells you about it. You know.. SAVED and WORKS? So.. how do you work your FAITH? Hello you are calling those things that be not as though they were all the time.. just not directed at God.

LOL.. I am not here to debate. See.. you read what He said.. you find what that bible says about your problem.. and then turn your eyes on HIM.. never take them off. No matter what happens.. you never let go of Him and what He promised. He will always keep His promises. Work your faith.. start small. Man we have the internet.. find what the BIBLE says about Faith. If you go by man.. then all you get is ONLY what that man/woman personally believes. It wise to ask....but.. in the end.. just believe what your Father said.. Please.. Hes more real then anyone you know.. but we don't take the time to listen.. do you KNOW His voice? You should.. Jesus can't lie.. He said.. my sheep KNOW not guess not wonder.. but know my voice..

So start small. So if nothing happens.. your faith is not crushed. Like.. driving somewhere. And you would like to park close. Believe.. thats something thats not going against anyones will. Do you see? Some silly well not silly but sore or.. anything.. Isa 53 5 1st peter 2 24..oh and then look what GOD said about healing in just the book of Psalms. You will be shocked.. and wonder.. WHY do I never hear people using these verses :) A yeah.. its not OLD.. Gods words are never old.. always working.

Know that we can never please Him with out faith. DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR ANYTHING. He is that real. Faith.. when your sad.. and really feeling bad. Speak His word.. the JOY of the lord is my strength. I am strong in the lord in the power of HIS might. And praise Him right then.. keep doing.. watch how REAL He becomes.. watch how out of no where you get this peace this joy. On and on.. in everything.... give Him praise and thanks. Pray about walking to the mail box..

Silly huh.. but what MAN wont tell you is.. your Father cares about EVERYTHING you do. He SO wants to be apart of it ALL!  He LONGS to be in every part of your life. TO help you with EVERY choice.. and yes .. He loves to GIVE! ASK HIM! He will always back up what HE says by His word. Remember.. DOUBT will always stop God..

Ok so you fall.. you doubt.. you sinned... a your off the path.. Repent of it.. and dust off and KNOW that He HAS forgiven you and HAS  cleansed you from ALL unrighteousness. And you are right back on that path! Sometime times we fall kinda hard and things have to be.. worked out but..Hes there.. and you are on the path. He is for you. Read HIS word.. make sure HE said it.. He will never fail you.. forgive me if I have offended. If I have not spoken, spelled.. you have no clue how VERY hard it is for me. THIS Post here. You don't want to know how long it took me. LOL.. this is one reason I don't reply much.. oh man .. to write like most of you.. in a few lines you say everything.. I JESUS name want to be able to do that..

In the end.. you love JESUS? ME TOO! Were more family then flesh and blood..did you know that? HE IS WITH YOU! Cares about ALL you care about. GIVE IT ALL TO HIM! And let go

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Faith is not of our own (own mind, own belief), it is of the Holy Spirit.  Faith is the substance of things hoped for....and Jesus, the word made flesh, is that substance through His Spirit.  He will supply all our needs through His riches in glory, but there is also the fact that our faith in Him will be tested, tried and proven.  Often our ideas of what we "need" come from what we see others around us have, our concepts of normalcy and prosperity is kind of relative to the society we are living in....but scripture says having food and raiment we are to be content....and that godliness with contentment is great gain.....so He teaches us not to seek the things of this world but to seek the things above.