• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Revelation 20 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

20 I saw an angel coming down out of heaven. The angel had the key to the bottomless pit. The angel also held a large chain in his hand. 2 The angel grabbed the dragon, that old snake, also known as the devil or Satan. The angel tied the dragon with the chain for 1000 years. 3 Then the angel threw the dragon into the bottomless pit and closed it. The angel locked it over the dragon. The angel did this so that the dragon could not trick the people of the earth until the 1000 years were ended. After 1000 years the dragon must be made free for a short time.

4 Then I saw some thrones and people sitting on them. These were the ones who had been given the power to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been killed because they were faithful to the truth of Jesus and the message from God. They did not worship the beast or its idol. They did not receive the mark of the beast on their foreheads or on their hands. They came back to life and ruled with Christ for 1000 years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not live again until the 1000 years were ended.)

This is the first resurrection. 6 Great blessings belong to those who share in this first resurrection. They are God’s holy people. The second death has no power over them. They will be priests for God and for Christ. They will rule with him for 1000 years.

The Defeat of Satan
7 When the 1000 years are ended, Satan will be made free from his prison. 8 He will go out to trick the nations in all the earth, the nations known as Gog and Magog. Satan will gather the people for battle. There will be more people than anyone can count, like sand on the seashore.

9 I saw Satan’s army march across the earth and gather around the camp of God’s people and the city that God loves. But fire came down from heaven and destroyed Satan’s army. 10 And he (the one who tricked these people) was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur with the beast and the false prophet. There they would be tortured day and night forever and ever.

People of the World Are Judged
11 Then I saw a large white throne. I saw the one who was sitting on the throne. Earth and sky ran away from him and disappeared. 12 And I saw those who had died, great and small, standing before the throne. Some books were opened. And another book was opened—the book of life. The people were judged by what they had done, which is written in the books.

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it. Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them. All these people were judged by what they had done. 14 And Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I always refer to this verse:

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.  1 Corinthians 15:22-24

Two more times when people are raised immortal, at Christ's coming and at the end.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

As many as it takes to fit the pet doctrine, apparently. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

2 more, the resurrection of dead in Christ at the rapture (the first resurrection) and the second, 1000 years later at the great white throne. Just like Rev. 20 says.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

1 hour ago, ENOCH2010 said:

2 more, the resurrection of dead in Christ at the rapture (the first resurrection) and the second, 1000 years later at the great white throne. Just like Rev. 20 says.

I do not see a rapture in Rev 20.   Am I misreading you?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

35 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Read chapter 19 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

There are two resurrections IN TOTAL.

1st Resurrection - at the 2nd Coming of Christ

2nd Resurrection - after the 1000 year reign.

1st Resurrection consists only of those who are in Christ...who are accepted. 

2nd Resurrection happens at the great white throne judgement. This is the 2nd judgement.  In this judgement, there is a second resurrection, and a second death.   All souls who were not in the first resurrection, will be judged "according to the books" (according to what's recorded in those books about them)  This will include all generations going right back to the beginning before the flood to the very last generation after the 1000 years.  They will be judged according to "their deeds", and the balances will be weighed out.  This is a different type of judgement.  It consists of a court, a judge and jury where each one's case will be presented and tried.  This is a harsh judgement. 

It will also include all those generations who were born or lived through the thousand year reign after learning Christ.  Many will be in that second resurrection, and many in the 2nd death.  This is the final judgement.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Marsh said:

This last generation will be included in the first resurrection;

Revelation 20:4   And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5   But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6   Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

6 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

All of the resurrections of the Righteous are considered by God as ONE.........Thus the pre trib Rapture, then the Jews are raised when the Church and Jesus return, and the Remnant Church {Martyrs under the Altar/5th Seal} are raised at that time and Judged as seen in Rev. 20:4. 

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they{Church/Bride} sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them {Church/Bride}: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus{Martyrs}, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.{ONLY, the Martyrs who REFUSED the Mark of the Beast LIVE & REIGN on earth with Christ for the 1000 year reign} 

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished {SECOND RESURRECTION, of the Wicked}. This is the first resurrection. {Speaking about the Rev. 20:4 verse, not the Rev. 20:5 verse.} 

The First Resurrection is therefore the Resurrection of those that are OF FAITH, be it Abraham, Daniel or David of Israel OR Paul, Peter, John and the rest of the Church who are to be Christs Bride. The Jews are already the Fathers bride, that is scriptural. Time is not relevant to Gd, only men try to limit how god sees things. The same people that can't understand this, also can't understand the 70th week that is yet to come. 

You will only see the Rapture on the way up it seems, and that will happen pre 70th week. 

Then..........I forgot to add the ultimate answer..........The Second Resurrection is of the DEAD/Wicked in Satan.

Thus there are TWO-RESURRECTIONS.

The Resurrection of the LIVING in Christ AND the Resurrection of the DEAD in Satan. 

Edited by Revelation Man

35 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

All of the resurrections of the Righteous are considered by God as ONE.........Thus the pre trib Rapture, then the Jews are raised when the Church and Jesus return, and the Remnant Church {Martyrs under the Altar/5th Seal} are raised at that time and Judged as seen in Rev. 20:4. 

Revelation Man.  Hello dear brother, hope you are well.

Please consider this;

In the first resurrection, consisting of all those who have converted to Christ, whether Jew or Gentile it makes no difference, because Jesus has to be acknowledged as the Son of God and their Lord.  Those Jews who converted are not drinking the old wine, but the new.  So now, all are one in Christ where there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

"The remnants of Israel" are different.  They rejected Christ, therefore they have to go through a fire, just like the gentiles who rejected Christ.  All will go through the plagues and will have to drink of that cup of wrath that the Lord gives to all the nations.  No one escapes, because all had ample warning and ignored.  All will suffer some kind of loss and go through torment which is a vexing fire.

Six angels with the plagues will sound.  On the 7th angel, God has reserved some remnants of Israel that have gone through the fire to be spared.  These are hand-picked (according to the election of grace).  These will not be in the resurrection of the saints, but their lives spared, when Christ takes care of their enemies.  THIS IS THE DAY THEY WILL ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE HAS COME TO SAVE AND RESCUE.  On the LAST DAY they will acknowledge that he truly is the one they never knew - their Messiah.   They will continue to live IN THEIR FLESH, not in a resurrected body.  Therefore they will not be in that 1st resurrection, but under the election of grace.  How do I know this?  Because it is written that the remnants of Israel will multiply during the 1000 years.  They will have children, and all will live to a 100 years of age.  They die again, but will be in the 2nd resurrection.  Not one of them will be lost.  They will live in Jerusalem, inside the kingdom's boundaries during the millennium where Christ will feed them.  For a thousand years they will be living in peace, and in truth, free from wars and oppression, and will be put in charge over the remnants of the gentiles, ...the nations outside the kingdom, and their job is to spread the truth about Christ and bring even more glory to the kingdom of God.