IGNORED

What is the identity of the Woman of Rev. ch. 12? That of the child snatched away in vs. 5?

BibleReader

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, Sister said:

Psalms 134:1   Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.

Psalms 134:2   Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

Psalms 134:3   The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Zion is the house of the Lord.  His City.  His Kingdom. His Woman.

How can the house of the Lord - his Woman, be Israel?

He will bring Israel to his house again.  Back to his woman.  It's in his plans.

We who been shown a great light are living in the night now, because the world is still in darkness.

The morning will soon come.

Isaiah 50:1   Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Jeremiah 50:12   Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert.

Hosea 2:2   Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts;

Jeremiah 3:1   They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 54:1   Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 4:2   In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isaiah 4:3   And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Isaiah 4:4   When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Isaiah 4:5   And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.

Isaiah 4:6   And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

Yes, Sister, the metaphor of the marriage relationship between God and the Israel of Zion holds true throughout Scripture.

I like this from Jeremiah, and there is more from him in a similar vein:

Jer 3:11-15  And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel has justified herself more than treacherous Judah. (12)  Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, you backsliding Israel, says the LORD; and I will not cause my anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, says the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. (13)  Only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the LORD your God, and have scattered your ways to the strangers under every green tree, and you have not obeyed my voice, says the LORD. (14)  Turn, O backsliding children, says the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: (15)  And I will give you pastors according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, Sister, the metaphor of the marriage relationship between God and the Israel of Zion holds true throughout Scripture.

I like this from Jeremiah, and there is more from him in a similar vein:

Jer 3:11-15  And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel has justified herself more than treacherous Judah. (12)  Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, you backsliding Israel, says the LORD; and I will not cause my anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, says the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. (13)  Only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the LORD your God, and have scattered your ways to the strangers under every green tree, and you have not obeyed my voice, says the LORD. (14)  Turn, O backsliding children, says the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: (15)  And I will give you pastors according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Thank you Michael37, I am glad you can see this.

There are so many layers to the truth.  We are going deep here.  Those are great scriptures.

No one should be offended of the truth.  If we have made a mistake or error in doctrine, the Word is always there to get us back on track.

It's so wonderful how God described his City as his Woman.  Using this allegory, he has given us the key to unlocking some very difficult prophesies.

God bless.

Edited by Sister
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 5/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, BibleReader said:

If Jesus second coming is referred to in Revelation 12:5, why is he described as being born of a woman?  Thanks in advance.  

The reason why Jesus is said to be born of a woman because it says in Mathew 1:20,

As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 

According to scripture Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit which is the Woman. Also in Genesis 3:15 says...,

And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”

Jesus is fulfilling this prophecy of the seed of the women that would crush the head of Satan. It also says in John 3:6

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Jesus is the spirit come in the flesh. Only the Spirit could or can beget itself. The woman was in the garden in the beginning in the man. But now the man Christ is coming out from the Women the Holy Spirit.

There’s a reversal in Revelation 12:5. The man is vulnerable now when he’s been taken out of the woman. Remember how The first Eve was safe as long as she was in Adam. But when she came out of Adam she was vulnerable unto Satan. This is a reversal of the man being vulnerable after he comes out of the woman.

Jesus is referred to as the second Adam. But where’s the second Eve. If there’s a second Adam then there has to be a second Eve. The second Eve is the Holy Spirit reproducing itself through Jesus and also as us when we are born again or experience our day of Penticost.

I know some interpret the women as Isreal. In a secondary sense that is true. But in a primary sense the woman is the Holy Spirit the second Eve destroying Satan through not yielding to his lies and deceits. The first Adam and Eve passed death unto its seed where the second Adam and second Eve brought about life through their seed.

This reversal is happening to bring us to a place where we can be reunited back into the women. The man and woman become one through a marriage. This is the Marriage supper of the Lamb starting to happen within us when the women gives birth to us as her seed that crushes Satan.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What is the identity of the Woman of Rev. ch. 12? That of the child snatched away in vs. 5?

The woman is Israel. The child is the body of Jesus (Christ is the head and the Church is the body).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

The woman is Israel. The child is the body of Jesus (Christ is the head and the Church is the body).

The woman fled from Judea is obviously the Hebrew.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The woman that John sees in heaven is not a literal woman.  She is a sign, or a symbol.-Revelation 1:1.

In some scriptures, women are represented as organizations “married” to inanimate things/beings.  In the Old Testament, Israel was spoken of as a wife of God. (Isaiah 54:5; Jeremiah 3:14, 20)   In the New Testament, the congregation of anointed Christians is spoken of as Christ’s bride. (Revelation 21:9-14)  The symbolic woman John sees is also symbolically married to someone, and she is about to give birth.  Later her child is “caught away to God and to his throne.” (Revelation 12:5)  God claims the child as his own.  Therefore, the woman that John sees is God’s symbolic wife a universal organization of spirit creatures (Jerusalem), in other words- His heavenly organization.-Isaiah 54:5, 13

The apostle Paul adds: “The Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.” (Genesis 3:15; Galatians 4:26; Philippians 3:20)  The “woman” seen by John, then, is “the Jerusalem above.”

The symbolic reference to “birth to a son…” refers to the birth of God’s kingdom with Jesus as enthroned as King.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Markie51 said:

the woman that John sees is God’s symbolic wife

On 11/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, Vine Abider said:
You said “The Woman [‘in heaven being with child, in labor to give birth,’ Rev. 12:1-2ff.] is the Shekhinah. Only possible explanation,” but I’m not clear what that means…can you please explain in gentile terms?

The Shekhinah is the feminine manifestation of Deity, the original and continuing “visible manifestation of the Divine Presence.” ...

In Hebraic thought, the feminine is the outward form and vessel, being the receptacle, of the inner essence, which is the masculine. This is because all creation consists, in its ultimates, of two things: lights and vessels. The feminine is the vessel in which the inner essence, the masculine light-seed, is clothed. Thus the Shekhinah is the ultimate Mother of all created forms; whereas from the Father comes their spirit-essence. Just as human mothers, via their wombs, are the source of the bodies/vessels of all human beings, wherein a soul-seed from the father is clothed within a material body. For mankind “was made in the image of God…male and female…” Gen. 1:27

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/2828-the-shekhinah-and-the-manchild/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

So is Rev 12 a history lesson ? or is it all scrambled up in history present future ?  When John wrote it.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/9/2023 at 7:52 AM, Bible_Gazer said:

So is Rev 12 a history lesson ? or is it all scrambled up in history present future ?  When John wrote it.

Everything from John 4:1 is future: "...I will show you things which must take place after these things."

"These things" were the messages and prophecies regarding the 7 churches in chapters 2-3, which denote the Church Age up until the End Times. Those End Times commence when God sits on his heavenly throne to begin to judge the earth:

4:2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

which equals

Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were placed, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10  ...the court was seated, and the books were opened.

The events of Revelation 12 are included in "things which must take place after these things."

• Well Said! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/3/2021 at 8:57 PM, Leonardo Von said:

The woman is religion...Israel included...some call it church...the wilderness is ultimately desolation...the glory...clothed in the sun...crown of stars...moon under her feet...that was upon her fades until it's gone...apostacy. 

If you follow her through Revelation she becomes the "Mother of Harlots" professing a "false Christ"...as Christ...in other words...antichrist. Most of religion worships her...she attacks the Son of God.

The "Man Child" that is "birthed forth" is the Son of God..."Christ"...Head and Body as you said LV...He is separated from the apostate at His birth...That separation is in process as we speak...feel it?

He is caught up to "God and His throne"...the Throne of God is in the temple of God...the idea of "throne" is representative of the "seat of power and authority."

The throne is currently in heaven and on earth exactly where Christ is...His body. People really need to learn to see this whole "end of the age" reality from heaven versus a singular earthly perspective...it will make more sense.

• Thumbs Up 1